• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I'm unsure how much they are doing during the season. They said that Twirling Toadstool would be re-painted over some of the closed days but as far as I am aware that has not happened. It is an ongoing project though so I'm sure we will see more throughout the closed season.

:)

That was last season. Wait till the end of year and they see gate figures and profits are up.
TLC will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet never to return.

That was last season. Wait till the end of year and they see gate figures and profits are up.
I hope gate figure rise and TLC get linked in a business case by AT management. To keep ongoing maintenance running to a decent level.

Doubt TLC will be completely knocked on the head - gate figures and profits won't be that different. Besides, looking back at the beginning of this thread a lot of people were doubting anything remotely significant would be done last closed season, yet they were wrong.

This is my worry about TLC, not the fact it could be dropped at any moment, but the fact it will be dropped after 3 years. What happens then? The park is left to rot once again? TLC needs to be a permanent thing, they need a permanent team that constantly maintain and improve the little things.

Heard this many times before. Just goes to show the level of mental capacity the idiots running this company have when they can't even organise 2 internal departments to work together.

Happens in almost every company. Why pay your own staff to do the job when you can pay contractors to do the same job for three times as much?

TLC had nothing to do with gate figures, it was a project proposed by a team in the park and Merlin offered up some money for it to happen.

As much as it improves people's experience and is quite frankly something that should just be done at all theme parks this sort of work has a very limited impact on getting people through the gate and that isn't what they sold the project to Merlin on.

The bigger threat to the project is if gate figures do not improve.

Heard this many times before. Just goes to show the level of mental capacity the idiots running this company have when they can't even organise 2 internal departments to work together.

Happens in almost every company. Why pay your own staff to do the job when you can pay contractors to do the same job for three times as much?
Let's put some meat on these rather vague bones... A company, irrespective of what it is, has to take into account both the skills and capacity available to them. For signage or anything else, it's not always financially viable to employ someone on site full time, with all the necessary equipment, it makes far more sense to bring in the required skills as and when they are needed for a fixed fee, eliminating the need for any associated costs like training, sickness, pensions, NI contribs etc.

On a slightly larger scale, you will note that Merlin employ various roller coaster manufacturers to create thrill rides for them because it doesn't make sense to have surveyors, draftsmen, structural engineers, steel fabricators etc on their payroll. Same principle...

You can't have it both ways. Merlin is either a company that spends nothing, letting its estate go to rack and ruin, or it's a company that spends too much on things and is wasteful.

If that is the case, then I find it very sad that the park had to go cap in hand to the parent company rather than it being a serious planned investment.

I know through my own work that when a company views it's business solely through spreadsheets and trackers, as opposed to through the eyes of a customer, the champagne does eventually run dry. BHS for example.

Call me a cynic but I thought TLC was purely an excuse why so many rides were closed and a reason to say 'oh they are getting maintenance, its all good' so I fully expect it to finish next year with just closures.

Thus allows normal maintenance, some H&S and a bit of paint to be pulled into one great charade. I doubt it will still exist in 12 months time - neither will Hex or Sub Terra or the shuttered kids rides.

Call me a cynic but I thought TLC was purely an excuse why so many rides were closed and a reason to say 'oh they are getting maintenance, its all good' so I fully expect it to finish next year with just closures.

Thus allows normal maintenance, some H&S and a bit of paint to be pulled into one great charade. I doubt it will still exist in 12 months time - neither will Hex or Sub Terra or the shuttered kids rides.

I agree with most of this. TLC was an obvious marketing tool to soften the blow of 5 rides being closed and 2 removed. Whilst the work done has been mostly good, it shouldn't come as a result of rides being SBNO.

However, I do think some of the closed rides will return - Hex especially.

Hex is going to re-open, that I'm sure off! Don't forget we've already seen Dark forest food outlets open during May half term, will be interesting to monitor queues and such over the summer holiday period!

CCL rides are the ones people should be concerned about, or not, the sooner that area is replaced the better, only good thing is the music. Pretty sure the park said they will have a Toadstool repaint and vines in DF for summer, it's only little but why do parks seem to say something will happen and it won't, wouldn't be such a bad reaction if they didnt try and cover up closures until within a week of opening, and all the other stuff they've said.