• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Doesn't the water park get a good clean every year? (I suspect it's a legal requirement).

When did you last see your local council pool emptied and cleaned?
I doubt its a legal requirement.

The real evidence of TLC at the waterparks would be the snapped ropes being replaced, broken squirters working, buckets filling up etc.
There are quite a few bits and pieces in there which no longer work because and have been left broken.

The update implied they had worked "really hard" at the waterpark today, so you'd hope (lol) those problems will have been fixed.

My council pool is emptied and cleaned twice a year.

Sent from my PLUS using Tapatalk

Had a conversation a few years ago, when a new local pool (leisure centre) was built to replace the old dieing one. The old pool was 'dry servicing' (emptied and work done) once a year. The new one was design to be 'wet servicing' for 10 years, one 'dry servicing ' then back to 10 years of 'wet servicing'.

iipZV04.jpg

And hex confirmed changes

Altontowers.com confirms Hex & Driving School will reopen in 2017. Sub-Terra remains "unavailable" whilst Twirling Toadstool is closed for TLC. Charlie, Ice Age & wobble world have been removed from the website.

Interesting that Sub-Terra is STILL listed.

I know this info was posted elsewhere but I thought I should post it here.

I'm happy that Hex will be reopening, it's the closure that I've been the most frustrated by and is a much needed addition to the too old for CBeebies/too young for big coasters age range (although this may be canceled out by the closrure of Ice Age/Twirling). The park will be getting a great dark ride back and I'm happy about that at least!

However, presuming that Twirling Toadstools stays closed for the entire season (I hope it doesn't), CCL is going to be in a real state attractions wise. 3 open attractions & 4 closed ones! This surely has to be the next area for some major new developments.

Cloud Cuckoo Land must be on the way out. That's now every ride apart from Frog Hopper and Carousel that's been "TLC'd" over the past two seasons. The area has struggled since CBeebies opened, so maybe this is the end of it. I know this'll never happen, but if CCL is the next area for refurbishment, I'd love it if they could incorporate the old Coaster Corner section in the new plans, and have it as more Mutiny Bay-esque family area.

Pete, If Hex reopens in the same shabby state it closed in. I think a lot of awkward question will be asked by many enthusiasts. Maybe even some anti towers news outlets may ask.
With whats happened in the last couple of years they can not afford to give ammunition to the media.

Well ccl is going to be dead this year!!!! Maybe they need more rubbish storage as coaster corner is not enough.

Seriously how long does it take to refurb a wave swinger!!!