• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

The areas in need of a refurb in my opinion....

ALL toilets, which are totally disgusting.

Towers Street - Trees need cutting back, painting and new entrance design.

All Tarmac around Battle Gallions across to the towers, and around Spinball, all needs resurfacing and levelled.

Theme updates and paint jobs across entire park, especially Dark Forest which is a complete mess. Removing the scaffolding at Rita.

All monorails - paint them and remove the vinyls from windows!

Replace Submission, Blade and Ripsaw. Improving flat rides which are badly needed.

Painting EVERY queue line and sorting areas where huge puddles for, in certain ride queue lines.

Paint nemesis restoring it to as new glory, including the launch station.

Extraordinary Golf which is falling to bits.
Can I add to this list:
  • Giving nemesis red water again
  • Adding/using/fixing the queue line videos
  • Fixing all the effects in duel, possibly adding new ones
  • Sorting the hotels out (especially entertainment)
  • Fixing the smilers smoke effect

I hope they give The Smiler's pit a good clean. Most of it looked disgusting last season (before the crash), they may as well bin those white chevrons too (the ones near the Staffordshire Knot) since they have never (and never will) stay white. Hopefully though that's one area they will make sure looks good for reopening.

The sad thing I find now is that the entire park has been left to fall into such a state, it's unlikely we will ever see all the main areas looking decent. There's just far too much falling apart.

Can I add to this list:
  • Giving nemesis red water again
  • Fixing the smilers smoke effect

Red water of Nemesis need an addition of a water storage tank separate from the nemesis pit sump storage, they have now. this would be to stop local watercourse contamination.

And the first time the smoke effect is used again, it will be reported in the press as the death trap Smiler catches fire. :D

To be honest I don't see the TLC team being very big. I expect it to be the equivalent of those guys who go and patch up potholes I'm roads with a bit of Tarmac ..... Which eventually turns into a hole again after a few months. The park needs major investment to bring areas back up to scratch. The new hotel extension has to be put on hold until the park is worth visiting and paying the hotel prices for.....

Red water of Nemesis need an addition of a water storage tank separate from the nemesis pit sump storage, they have now. this would be to stop local watercourse contamination.

And the first time the smoke effect is used again, it will be reported in the press as the death trap Smiler catches fire. :D
The red water is worth it though. Looks like they are actually trying to make it look decent. They need to clean the rocks as well and need to run water through it so it looks less green.

On the subject of the smiler upkeep, the projection room needs sorting out and they need to get rid of the strobes in there.

The TLC programme will only apply to things that are closed next season. It's a smokescreen of a reason invented to explain why things will be closed. The reality is that cost savings are the reason, while the TLC programme will be cited as the reason for PR reasons.

So nothing will happen to Nemesis unless it is to be closed next year.

TS Facebook have posted pictures of nemesis's track (sorry don't know how to link the photo in :() which appear to show the beginnings of a repaint! :eek:

Could this TLC be more than just a front o_O

TS Facebook have posted pictures of nemesis's track (sorry don't know how to link the photo in :() which appear to show the beginnings of a repaint! :eek:

Could this TLC be more than just a front o_O

There's a possibility that they may just be testing for cracks in the track but fingers crossed there's something more

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but when people who have track records of being 'in the know' post positively about something like this, it generally means that actual positive things will happen rather than generic Merlin marketing spin.

It's important that Towers rebuilds itself entirely following last season and going back to basics and reassessing the entire park and what the guest sees is the first step in doing this. It's important that the park is acknowledging that it has flaws that have been ignored for too long, but I am still skeptical as to how far this TLC will actually go.

Reactions: Sku
The fact that Alton Towers remains the UKs no.1 just highlights how bad the country's theme park industry is nowadays, especially when you look at Europa and Phantasialand over in Germany.

The only thing keeping Alton at the top is the wonderful history and landscape.
I think it highlights the problem of one Park operator having such a monopoly over the most major theme parks in this country. There is no competition for towers really, which means it's parent company can milk it dry. Perhaps Paramount will either force Merlin to sort out their flagship park or sell it to another operator.
There is a very wide ranging list of priorities being dealt with this winter. Paving areas which were previously vile (have you seen some of the tarmac in some areas) is part of this.

There is a very wide ranging list of priorities being dealt with this winter. Paving areas which were previously vile (have you seen some of the tarmac in some areas) is part of this.
Just a thought.

With the negativity being generated by forums over this TLC program. I wonder if towers had a minisite with the list of the care they are going to give and the progression. Or even just a blog posting , it would show that TLC is not a budget cut smoke screen.

I believe the rollercoaster restaurant is set to open in may, which means that unless air had a re routed queue to keep it open until then, probably wont be open. Forbidden Valley down to 4 rides, ripsaw goes, down to 3, possibility of blade going still around, down to 2 and a chance of sub terra being closed for the season leaves just Nemesis, and with signs of what is hopefully a repaint, could we see the TLC all around Forbidden valley, and have it closed until may? I reckon its either that or sub terra and The Blade open as well as nemesis, and unless The Blade closed around June/July time then I reckon that would be the confirmation that SW8 wont be going ahead as it would be a bit silly to sort out a whole area and leave 1 ride not up to the rest of the areas standards, they need to decide whether SW8 will be in Forbidden Valley or not as it would be easier for them to close the whole area off, remove ripsaw and the blade, and repaint/refurbish all the rest as it means staff/running costs are not there, and a ride can go ahead. there really is not much point in keeping The Blade, and Nemesis open unless the blade is here to stay for at least a couple more seasons.

I believe the rollercoaster restaurant is set to open in may, which means that unless air had a re routed queue to keep it open until then, probably wont be open. Forbidden Valley down to 4 rides, ripsaw goes, down to 3, possibility of blade going still around, down to 2 and a chance of sub terra being closed for the season leaves just Nemesis, and with signs of what is hopefully a repaint, could we see the TLC all around Forbidden valley, and have it closed until may? I reckon its either that or sub terra and The Blade open as well as nemesis, and unless The Blade closed around June/July time then I reckon that would be the confirmation that SW8 wont be going ahead as it would be a bit silly to sort out a whole area and leave 1 ride not up to the rest of the areas standards, they need to decide whether SW8 will be in Forbidden Valley or not as it would be easier for them to close the whole area off, remove ripsaw and the blade, and repaint/refurbish all the rest as it means staff/running costs are not there, and a ride can go ahead. there really is not much point in keeping The Blade, and Nemesis open unless the blade is here to stay for at least a couple more seasons.
According to the plans the exit for air will be moving to a new retail area on the side so as long as they have the exit path and the shop ready (and this is Merlin so the shop will be ready) then the ride could probably operate which I think will definitely be a priority.

Even if it does close there is no way in hell they are closing nemmy without very very good cause. It is the parks flagship ride. People would be more than willing to walk to her or take the skyride. People would have done that before (myself included) if they had already done air and don't like rippy or the blade but want another go on nemmy the only difference is there is no option now.