Towers Merch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pluk, 25th May 2020.

1. Heidi

Heidi TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Alsty and Skyscraper like this.
    Posted 5th Apr 2021
  2. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    What's the point of buying a used bodyspray?
    It got £122 so there must be demand for it.

3. swalesuk01

swalesuk01 TowersStreet Member

The worrying thing is it didn't meet the reserve at £122 so was unsold. I dread to think how much they were after

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ThisGuy likes this.
  4. Beth

Beth TowersStreet Member

If the slogan for the condoms is "Don't Look Down" I'm laughing so much

NuttySquirrel likes this.
  5. Alolan Diglett

Alolan Diglett TowersStreet Member

I always preferred the idea of “sit back, hold tight it’s fright time”

Heidi and Skyscraper like this.
  6. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    -Queen Victoria

Not that I would buy it but I imagine it's because it's so rare. They were a strange and famous marketing decision and a part of towers history and so some enthusiasts with strange collections might want it. Makes more sense to me than blocks of wood or wheels

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Apr 2021
    jon81uk likes this.
  7. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Not sure if this is the right thread for it but I follow a youtuber called Cupcakes and Coasters on twitter and she's posted a picture of a nemesis VHS tape from her friend's collection (and also a very old bottle of the red nemesis water) and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this and knew what was on it?

8. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

If it is the video I am thinking of (and if my mind hasn’t played tricks on me since it’s a long time since I have watched that VHS, because well, who has a video player anymore) - it was this video on the tape:

Featuring Mr Wardley, Mr Varney and randomly the grandma’s fiancé from Friday Night Dinner.

Copies of the VHS were given out at an event to celebrate Nemesis’ 10th year in 2004, and I am sure on other occasions too.

Matt N, Rojo, Heidi and 1 other person like this.
  9. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I still have a copy, signed by John Wardley from the Nemesis X event. Don't have a VHS player though.

That event was brilliant though. I think it was quite cheap for what we got, it was under £200 for a room for two of us and we got to use the water park on arrival day, dinner in the Emperor room with a talk from John Wardley and Andy Hine, a night in the hotel, then exclusive ride time the following day with Air & Nemesis followed by Oblivion and then Corkscrew, with complimentary coffee & pastries at [email protected] and then hotdogs & soft drinks in Ug Land.
    Most people attending either were RCCGB members, Alton Towers Almanac forum users or Rideas members, as Andy Hine organised games against each group after the talks!
    We shared a table with Russell Barnes, the park manager at the time who had just moved to the role that week so going for dinner with the geeks was probably quite a shock! Of course RCCGB members asked the director (I forget his name) and John W about the cross-valley woody plans.

We re-rode Nemesis several times without getting off while Andy Hine did a piece to camera on the ride for Midlands Today and then later on they were filming us on Corkscrew for another documentary, staying on Corkscrew for eight or so cycles was quite painful though!

I don't see AT putting on this sort of fan event again and also it would probably sell out way too easily nowadays.

Godscrasher, Rojo and Heidi like this.
  10. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Thank you! That was impressively fast haha. The park always looks so much nicer in the 90s :( That toyland tours guy is terrifying though.
    That event in 2004 sounds amazing, I would love to experience or to have experienced something like that

MaxPower, AT86 and jon81uk like this.
  11. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Sorry to double post but I forgot to ask, I'm assuming that ride in the clip isn't actually nemesis because of the seat colours, the fact John's on the site before it's built and the background doesn't look like AT, do we know what ride it is? Or was it some kind of nemesis prototype?

12. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I think it’s the original inverted coaster, Batman The Ride at Six Flags Great America! This was the coaster that John tested before deciding to go for an invert for the SW3 project!

Heidi likes this.
  13. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Thank you!

Matt N likes this.
  14. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    No problem!

15. NuttySquirrel

NuttySquirrel TowersStreet Member

I'd say buying condoms on eBay from [xx] years ago is a really bad idea!! Wonder if they'd be listed as New or Used?

16. Drew Peacock

Drew Peacock TowersStreet Member

We need some Lego sets of the rides.

Heidi likes this.
  17. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Oh that is genius

18. TheAverageNerd

TheAverageNerd TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    While I don't think many of the rides would translate very well into Lego form, the Towers themselves would make for a lovely Lego Architecture or 18+ set.

Heidi likes this.
  19. Godscrasher

Godscrasher TowersStreet Member

There are already some, although you have to buy the single pieces of lego and follow the instructions, @Brickdekikker on Instagram builds coasters and you pay a couple of quid for the instructions and pieces info.

20. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis