• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Street Christmas Market

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Friday?

Shame.

At least run it into the evening!
I agree. There's nothing quite like a Christmas market at night with atmospheric lighting and music etc. If I lived closer I would perhaps go after school if it was in the evening, but no.

Not doing this on a Saturday seems criminal. They're surely going to miss out on potential visitors?

:)

Is it for local businesses? Seems a shame to be for only one day and on a weekday at that. They could really put the effort in to create a magical Christmas event if they wanted, this seems a waste

I'm gonna add to the voices saying this should be on a Saturday. The event is ruling out far too many attendees - nobody is gonna skip work or school just to go to a winter market.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this being a success, or even the start of Towers having a winter season of sorts. Very disappointing.

I'm gonna add to the voices saying this should be on a Saturday. The event is ruling out far too many attendees - nobody is gonna skip work or school just to go to a winter market.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this being a success, or even the start of Towers having a winter season of sorts. Very disappointing.

It's got nothing to do with the start of a Winter season or anything similar. It is some local businesses selling goods at a market raising money for Merlins Magic Wand charity. I agree the charity should have decides to run this on a Saturday so more people can attend and more money could be raised but that is their decisions and there could be many other reasons such as local businesses being more willing to host stalls on a weekday.

I think many posters are reading far too much into this event. I attended an evening talk by the zookeepers at Chessington at their hotel on how they set up the giraffes and the talk was to raised money for Chessington Conversation Fund and Save the Rhino. I didn't expect the park to then hold other regular talks like this, it was a nice one off event and that was all. This market at ATH is similar.

According to Tower's official Facebook, the reason for the friday is because of a resort event on the saturday.

According to Tower's official Facebook, the reason for the friday is because of a resort event on the saturday.
That's no valid reason for not going into the evening though. 10AM - 5PM is not nearly late enough.

That's no valid reason for not going into the evening though. 10AM - 5PM is not nearly late enough.
Stall holders might not have wanted to? This is only meant to be a small event after all and has no bearing whatsoever on what Towers should or could do in Winter.

I think the theme park starts to open from that Saturday all the way up to Christmas and in to the new year, so that would make sense whey it is on a Friday. It is a shame it isn't on during a weekend, but ill try and visit after work that day.

If the Theme park itself is open from the weekend after, that's more reason to hold it then not less.

It gives an added incentive for people to take advantage of the hotels, and get a real festive buzz going.

Doesn't make sense to me no matter how you look at it given Towers location.

I suppose if it is held when the park is open, normal guests won't be able to visit the market, as Christmas is only for those staying in the hotel. Unless they somehow check tickets at the bottom of towers street or something. But they probably don't want the hassle of that.

The event was also promoted on the bottom of the receipts given in Towers Trading, not sure if it was also on other till rolls, so lots of people may have considered it

Yeah it was on all receipts I think during the end of the season, I certainly saw it on a couple from food outlets.

I'm planning on getting there after work that day for about 2.30 if anyone else fancies meeting up, having a look round and maybe grabbing a drink or something!

I'd be up for it I did create a mini-meet thread but it died. I'm planning on going, so I will aim to be there at some point!

Bear in mind this is primarily a local event, initially just advertised for staff family & friends. Given most staff are Mon-Fri over winter, and the event on Sat, it makes sense :)