• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Street Christmas Market

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
I was there for a few hours on Friday and I really enjoyed myself. There were plenty of local stalls selling a variety of products and there were quite a few people there, apparently it had been very busy in the morning. I also heard some of the people on the stalls saying there was a suggestion for it again next year for a whole weekend, which I think would be nice.

The archive stall was very good and I spent a long time there looking at the old photo albums and park guides they had, I wish Alton Towers had a place on park with some archives on show, everyone who went to the stall seemed interested in it. Was nice to see a bit of Alton Towers (park and towers) history that is normally locked away.

Maybe the Swiss Cottage would make a good little place to show off some of the archive stuff during the year .... make it a more permanent attraction........

A 'museum' type of attraction somewhere would be fantastic and come at a relatively low cost. Several parks I know of have something similar, and with Towers having such a rich history it seems a shame not doing so.

As for this event, it did seem nice for what it was. I'd love to see it return over a weekend next year. It would certainly be busier and I would be very interested in visiting.

:)

Being busy on a Friday proves it could be a nice day out.

Make a day of it, open some rides, get festive, KEEP the charity idea, something warm and almost homely and I'm sure it could be a success.

I'm not expecting EP style, there's no point, no rides are open lol! I'm sure there's a fair few other things they could do though, and I'm sure they could get a fair bit of CBeebies open to get people in?

If they kept their charity focus on this event, I'd most certainly pay it a visit.