Towers Street Christmas Market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Munchkinpie, 24th Sep 2014.

?

Will you be attending?

1. Yes

22.7%
  2. No

45.5%
  3. I need more information before I make a decision

31.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I was there for a few hours on Friday and I really enjoyed myself. There were plenty of local stalls selling a variety of products and there were quite a few people there, apparently it had been very busy in the morning. I also heard some of the people on the stalls saying there was a suggestion for it again next year for a whole weekend, which I think would be nice.

The archive stall was very good and I spent a long time there looking at the old photo albums and park guides they had, I wish Alton Towers had a place on park with some archives on show, everyone who went to the stall seemed interested in it. Was nice to see a bit of Alton Towers (park and towers) history that is normally locked away.

Posted 2nd Dec 2014
  2. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Maybe the Swiss Cottage would make a good little place to show off some of the archive stuff during the year .... make it a more permanent attraction........

Posted 2nd Dec 2014
  3. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    A 'museum' type of attraction somewhere would be fantastic and come at a relatively low cost. Several parks I know of have something similar, and with Towers having such a rich history it seems a shame not doing so.

As for this event, it did seem nice for what it was. I'd love to see it return over a weekend next year. It would certainly be busier and I would be very interested in visiting.

:)

Posted 2nd Dec 2014
  4. TheMan

TheMan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    NemiLerVion
    Being busy on a Friday proves it could be a nice day out.

Make a day of it, open some rides, get festive, KEEP the charity idea, something warm and almost homely and I'm sure it could be a success.

I'm not expecting EP style, there's no point, no rides are open lol! I'm sure there's a fair few other things they could do though, and I'm sure they could get a fair bit of CBeebies open to get people in?

If they kept their charity focus on this event, I'd most certainly pay it a visit.

Posted 2nd Dec 2014
  5. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Don't Wicksteed have a permanent museum of their archives?

Posted 2nd Dec 2014