• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet European Cup Semi 2

Top 5

• Helix

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Expedition GeForce

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Olympia Looping

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Shambhala

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Wodan

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Troy

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Piraten

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Taron

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Balder

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
From 40 coasters, we're down to 20, and there's already been some shocks, but now it gets serious. The remaining 20 have been randomly drawn into two groups of 10, and once again, the top 5 from each will progress to the top 10. As last time, five votes each and the poll is open for 1 week...

Group 2
Helix, Liseberg

Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park

Olympia Looping, travelling

Shambhala, PortAventura

Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park

Wodan, EuropaPark

Troy, Toverland

Piraten, Djurs Sommerland

Taron, PhantasiaLand

Balder, Liseberg

Here's the breakdown of my vote, again with * indicating ridden and I've also included where I ranked the coasters in their previous groups just because I was interested in seeing how I thought the groups stacked up against one another.
  1. Taron* (1st Germany)
  2. Shambhala* (1st Other)
  3. Wodan* (2nd Germany)
  4. Troy (2nd Other)
  5. Expedition GeForce (3rd Germany)
---------------------------------------
6. Helix* (2nd Scandinavia)
7. Olympia Looping* (5th Other)
8. Balder (3rd Scandinavia)
9. Piraten (4th Scandinavia)
10. Nemesis Inferno* (4th UK)

This semi seems a lot stronger than the other, apart from NInferno obviously which is so far below par in this group it's almost embarrassing.

In this group it's a case of what to leave out, in the other it's which one to put through to make up the numbers.

There were for me 4 coasters in this group that HAD to go through as they are my own personal top 4. Then it gets difficult, the toss up between Troy/Shambhala was difficult, Balder & Looping are also strong coasters, Piraten is also great no doubt... Then there’s Inferno (Sorry, I do actually like it!)

Still it really is clear to see that the most ridden coasters will succeed in this poll. I do however think there’s definitely scope to expand this again next year to make it a much wider poll of coasters in Europe! Which should hopefully help to make the results more accurate.

1. Helix *
2. Wodan *
3. EGF *
4. Taron *
5. Troy *

6. Shambhala *
7. Balder *
8. Olympia Looping *
9. Piraten
10. Nemesis Inferno *

This group contains some of my top rated coasters from experience and I have ridden them all bar Piraten (which I think looks great fun but does not compare to some of the others here). So I am going for:
  • Helix
  • EGF
  • Wodan
  • Taron
  • Shambhala
:)