• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23: Winners Declared (contest ended 18th March)

Sorry to double post, but I too have a Round 10 submission ready! Say hello to Whirlwind, a Mack spinning coaster:
Whirlwind-Building.png

Whirlwind-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Whirlwind
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: Spinning Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 50ft/15m
  • Speed: 35mph/56kph
  • Length: 2,114ft/644m
  • Inversions: 0
  • Airtime Moments: 0
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 2.9G (overall), 2.5G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: N/A (overall and heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 4 cars/16 riders
  • Throughput: 1,223pph (~76 trains per hour, 1 train every ~47s)
If you'd like to play with Whirlwind for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2914260672

So that's Whirlwind, my Round 10 submission! I know this isn't my best submission ever (I did really struggle with this round), but I hope you all like it regardless.

Sorry to double post, but I too have a Round 10 submission ready! Say hello to Whirlwind, a Mack spinning coaster:
Whirlwind-Building.png

Whirlwind-Layout-Overview.png

• Name: Whirlwind
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: Spinning Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 50ft/15m
  • Speed: 35mph/56kph
  • Length: 2,114ft/644m
  • Airtime Moments: 0
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 2.9G (overall), 2.5G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: N/A (overall and heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 4 cars/16 riders
  • Throughput: 1,223pph (~76 trains per hour, 1 train every ~47s)
If you'd like to play with Whirlwind for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2914260672

So that's Whirlwind, my Round 10 submission! I know this isn't my best submission ever (I did really struggle with this round), but I hope you all like it regardless.

Still way better than what I could manage! Seems like a fun ride, although as Phantasialand already has Winjas, it doesn't fit the park as well as some.

Still way better than what I could manage! Seems like a fun ride, although as Phantasialand already has Winjas, it doesn't fit the park as well as some.
Thank you!

Yes, I forgot about Winjas until it was too late and I was already far down the rabbit hole of building a Mack spinning coaster...

Well you say that. I really did struggle with planet coaster but I did teach myself. Although I haven't particpated this year due to being very busy and having other problems. I did do a thread on here discussing my journey a while a go if you fancied a read: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/my-new-planet-coaster-story.5987/
I think most of my improvement actually came after taking part in this challenge last year.

So on Discord @JAperson and @Tuggerz mentioned how Project Horizon is going to be a giant hot dog stand and then the phrase of Roller Coaster Hot Dog was mentioned which I said would be the name of my entry this week.

1673209571982.png

The station music is Hot Dog by Limp Bizkit, the theme is hot dog based. The ride itself is a length of 4268ft made from questionable meat product that goes 66 mph and gets 1440pph

1673209776753.png

1673209823818.png

A POV of Roller Coaster Hot Dog

Some light interior shots

1673210374573.png

1673210420884.png

So on Discord @JAperson and @Tuggerz mentioned how Project Horizon is going to be a giant hot dog stand and then the phrase of Roller Coaster Hot Dog was mentioned which I said would be the name of my entry this week.

1673209571982.png

The station music is Hot Dog by Limp Bizkit, the theme is hot dog based. The ride itself is a length of 4268ft made from questionable meat product that goes 66 mph and gets 1440pph

1673209776753.png

1673209823818.png

1673210374573.png

1673210420884.png

Very sensible name I must say @Poisson !

1673209571982.png

1673209776753.png

1673209823818.png

1673210374573.png

1673210420884.png

Great submission @Poisson! Your ride has some fun-looking inversions and some nice-looking pops of airtime!

Just as a reminder, we are now half way through Week 10.

I have had 3 responses to the Round 8 Voting Google Form so far. If you would like to vote for your Round 8 favourites, here is the Google Form link for you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVVNdbrfgVdxV6kQlBTOC_RmCam81M5GfLNjr2KxZ--M3V_Q/viewform

I have had 2 responses to the Round 9 Voting Google Form so far. If you would like to vote for your Round 9 favourites, here is the Google Form link for you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZLG_YrTWDdD2tB1ZJEaLp6t6FxvBnJB8OSmP2nDC1MfFzSQ/viewform

There have been 3 submissions for Round 10 so far, including my own. If you would like a deadline extension for Round 10, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you have any issues with uploading videos or anything at all, get in touch with me and I would be very happy to solve these issues for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

Last edited:
Temple Of The Night Dork
Gerstlauer Multi Launch
43ft
60mph
9 Inversions

Gone for something quite ambitious. Indoor coasters are usually quite tame, with a few exceptions. This is an intense, thrill coaster with a Merlin-esque desperate worlds first of the most indoor Inversions.

Awesome submission @RicketyCricket! Your ride is really long given the space, and it packs in some great custom inversions and surprising pops of airtime!

The Crazy Bats warehouse feels much bigger than this in real life.

A witch has taken ownership of the castle and she's nuts.

Crazy Old Bat. Runs 3 trains.

Great submission @Matt.GC! Your ride is long for the space and has some fun-looking inversions!

Great submission @Thameslink Rail! Your ride looks relatively fast given the space and has some fun turns!
@Matt N is this the entire building including Fantissima and Hollywood Snore or just the Temple part?
Don’t quote me on this, as I’ve never visited Phantasialand, but I think that it’s just the Crazy Bats part. I based the height on a Wikipedia extract that said that the ride hall’s volume was 120,000 cubic metres, so I assumed that the area we’re building within was only the Crazy Bats part.

That’s also why I asked you not to dig down for this round; with Fantassima and Hollywood Tour being underneath, that’s not really possible here.

Week 11 Weekly Digest (14th-20th January 2023)
OK, folks; Week 11 is now upon us! I've got a lot to cover this week, so let's get to it!
Round 8 and Round 9 Results
As Round 8 Voting was delayed by a week, the results for both Round 8 and Round 9 are being revealed in this week's Weekly Digest

Let's start with Round 8... there were 6 responses to the Round 8 Voting Google Form, and the winners were as follows:
The full leaderboard for Round 8 is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Archermav1710
2@Connor981410
3@Poisson1303
4@Matt.GC1300
5@Matt N1210
6@Thameslink Rail1112
7@RicketyCricket1020
8@Burbs000
9@immelmanloop000
10@JAperson000
11@MaxPower000
12@mo237000
Great round, everybody!

Now let's move onto Round 9... there were 6 responses to the Round 9 Voting Google Form, and the winners were as follows:
The full leaderboard for Round 9 is as follows:
1@Poisson1811
2@Archermav1501
3@Connor981410
4@Matt N1410
5@Matt.GC1220
6@Thameslink Rail1102
7@RicketyCricket601
8@Burbs000
9@immelmanloop000
10@JAperson000
11@MaxPower000
12@mo237000
Great round, everybody!

With these results in mind, the leaderboard for the overall contest so far is as follows:
1@Matt.GC131101
2@Connor98126110
3@Archermav118101
4@Poisson113114
5@Matt N10370
6@RicketyCricket8956
7@Thameslink Rail78313
8@Burbs4808
9@immelmanloop910
10@JAperson000
11@MaxPower000
12@mo237000

Now we're done with the results, let's move onto Round 10 voting...
Round 10 Voting
The Round 10 submissions have been built and submitted, so the voting stage must now begin!

Please vote for your Round 10 favourites via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScw67VPgJ1oGNQpXb22Eko5v4QRwIaxbKTmJlsUyrUTWBwGeA/viewform

Let me just recap a few things about voting, if you need a reminder.
  • If you're not clear on how I'd like you to vote; please pick your top 5 track layouts and rank them in order of preference from #1 to #5. If you give a player a particular ranking, the points allocated are as follows; #1 ranking = 5pts, #2 ranking = 4pts, #3 ranking = 3pts, #4 ranking = 2pts, #5 ranking = 1pt.
  • You will also receive the opportunity to nominate a submission for Realism or Originality if you wish. Unlike last year, these nominations are not compulsory; you can award them if you wish, but you do not have to nominate anyone for Realism or Originality. Each Realism or Originality nomination a player gets will grant them 1 Realism point or 1 Originality point.
  • Please only fill out this form once. I have not mandated this within the form itself, but I'm trusting you all here.
  • Please do not vote for yourself. I know that there is no way I can mandate this, but I trust you not to. Please can I request that you only nominate submissions that are not your own.
  • Please judge submissions on track layout only. This is a coaster layout building contest; theming is pretty much irrelevant here.
  • I know that this form of voting is a lot more anonymous than the voting process was in the last contest. If you would like to add a slightly more personal touch, you can still post a comment in this thread indicating your top 5 choices, as well as any Realism or Originality nominations, like you did last year if you would like to. However, can I please request that the Google Form be your first port of call for voting; I will only count votes cast within the Google Form, as if you post in this thread, I wouldn't like to assume whether you've already voted in the Google Form or not. Post your choices in the thread by all means, but please make sure that you log your votes within the Google Form first, as the votes within the Google Form are the votes I'll be counting.
Here are the Round 10 submissions so that you know what you're voting for:
  • Unnamed B&M Surf Coaster by @Connor98:
  • Whirlwind, a Mack Rides Spinning Coaster by @Matt N:
  • Roller Coaster Hot Dog, a Mack Rides Launch Coaster by @Poisson:
  • Temple of the Night Dork, a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster by @RicketyCricket:
  • Crazy Old Bat, a Vekoma looping coaster by @Matt.GC:
  • Scalextric: The Ride, an Intamin Accelerator Coaster by @Thameslink Rail:

Voting for Round 10 closes on Friday 20th January 2023 at 11:59pm.

Now that I've discussed Round 10 Voting, let's move onto the Round 11 reveal...
Round 11 Building
Now that Round 10 is over, we need another round to sink our teeth into. With that in mind, I think it's about time I revealed Round 11! The Round 11 brief is... Hyper+ Coaster for Knott's Berry Farm! The context for this round is as follows:
Knott's Berry Farm has been a prime part of the California theme park industry for more than 80 years, and its rollercoaster selection has grown expansive in that time. However, one coaster that has always been lacking from Knott's is a hyper+ coaster, with a huge lift hill and immense speed. The park has proposed numerous hyper and giga coasters over the years, including a very recent proposal, but they have all been shelved. All is not lost, however, as Cedar Fair have hired you to make Knott's Berry Farm's dreams of a huge height and speed monster come true! You've been given a large plot in Knotts' car park to work with (the proposed site of the recently shelved giga coaster proposal), but there are a few constraints. For maximum marketability, Cedar Fair have said that both the California length record and the California full-circuit height record need to be broken, and due to Xcelerator already operating within the same park, they have also said that the ride is only allowed to use lift hill-based propulsion. Other than that, however, the sky is the limit! What hyper+ coaster will you build for Knott's Berry Farm?
The round constraints are as follows:
  • Maximum Footprint 378m*491m/1,240ft*1,611ft
  • Minimum Height 235ft/72m
  • Minimum Length 6,072ft/1,851m
  • Must Use Lift Hill-Based Propulsion Only
For context, the area of Knott's Berry Farm that we're working within is as follows (it's circled in black and labelled "Knott's Hyper/Giga"):
Knott-s-Hyper-or-Giga-Plot.png

I would recommend using Scenario Editor to apply the footprint constraints if you are on PC. As per usual, I have created a Steam Workshop park with the constraints applied that I would be happy for you to download if you struggle to design a scenario yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2914280884

As for console users, I would recommend setting out the footprint constraints using wall pieces or path pieces to build yourself an "area" to work within. I know it's not ideal, but it's sadly the best I can offer given that neither Scenario Editor nor Steam Workshop are seemingly available on console... sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

As for how to determine your ride height, please use Terrain Relative height markers (the option denoted by the picture of a mountain).

As for what you need to do to submit; please build your submission, film a POV and off-ride shots, and post them in this thread. You can do a brief description of what your ride is if you wish. If you have any issues with uploading your video(s), please don't hesitate to PM me.

May I once again emphasise that this is a coaster layout building contest. By all means add some light theming and landscaping if you wish, but the coaster layout should ideally be the focus. Quality of coaster layout is pretty much the be all and end all here; heavy theming won't gain you any points, and no theming won't lose you any points.

The Round 11 submission deadline is Friday 20th January 2023 at 11:59pm. If you struggle for time and would like me to extend the deadline, please PM me or request an extension in this thread before the deadline. I would be more than happy to facilitate an extension for you if you would like one. If you do not make contact with me and ask for an extension, I will assume that you are happy to forfeit this round and move on after the posted deadline.

So, that's everything for Week 11! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Good luck, everybody... get building for Round 11 and voting for Round 10, folks!

I have a Round 11 submission ready, folks! Say hello to... Zenith, a B&M giga coaster:
Zenith-Entrance.png

Zenith-Layout-Overview.png

• Name: Zenith
  • Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
  • Model: Hyper Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 354ft/108m
  • Speed: 100mph/161kph
  • Length: 9,687ft/2,953m
  • Airtime Moments: 11
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.6G (overall), 4.5G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.4G (overall), -1.2G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 4 trains with 8 cars/32 riders
  • Throughput: 1,844pph (~58 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 2s)
If you want to play with Zenith for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link where you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2917955353

So that's Zenith, my Round 11 submission! I really hope you all like it!

So....KBF is lacking a Wing Coaster. Until now.....

1673809221200.png

1673809956830.png

1673809283819.png

The world's first coaster to breach the 500ft mark (504ft) and the first beyond vertical drop on a wing coaster. Also the world's longest coaster excluding alpine coasters at 12446ft long and takes the inversion record at 15 inversions. 1536pph throughput.

1673809387932.png

A POV of the madness:

That certainly looks... interesting! 🤯