• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2023/24: Winners Declared (contest ended 16th March)

I have now completed my submission for the Bonus Round! Say hello to... Ecstasy, a Mack Rides HyperCoaster:
Ecstasy-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Ecstasy
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: HyperCoaster (Custom)
  • Height: 256ft/78m
  • Speed: 86mph/138kph
  • Length: 6,788ft/2,069m
  • Inversions: 6
  • Airtime Moments: 11
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.3G (overall), 4.8G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.8G (overall and heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,390pph (57-58 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 2s)
If you'd like to play with Ecstasy for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3173224176

So that's Ecstasy, my Bonus Round submission! I hope you all like it!

One from my last park (had to delete quite a bit of it to get the POV at a good frame-rate!). This is Peaker, an RMC through the North American/Canadian Rockies.

Length: 1161m
Max Speed: 56mph
Throughput: 1700pph+
Positive G Spike: +5.7g
Negative G Spike: -2.3g
Inversions: 7

493340_20240303214341_1.png

493340_20240303214430_1.png

493340_20240303214452_1.png

Great submission @mo237! Your ride has stacks of airtime and some interesting custom manoeuvres!

For everyone else, I’d just like to remind you all that we are now half way through Week 9.

I’ve had 1 response to the Round 11 Voting Google Form so far, and that is my own. If you’d like to vote for your Round 11 favourites, here’s the form allowing you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4L2CHd-N3xkbEBemdE-Stav2ksXZcy2dlR5AgTQg3O7Lx0A/viewform

There have been 2 submissions for the Bonus Round so far, including my own. If you would like a deadline extension for the Bonus Round, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you have any issues with uploading videos or anything at all, get in touch with me and I would be very happy to solve these issues for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

I'd certainly advise you all to submit something for the Bonus Round, if possible. You can build whatever you like, and any points you gain in the Bonus Round are worth double what they were worth in previous rounds, so it really is a pivotal round to compete in!

The deadline for both Bonus Round building and Round 11 voting is Friday 8th March 2024 at 11:45pm. The Week 13 Weekly Digest will be posted on Saturday 9th March 2024 at 12am.

I have now completed my submission for the Bonus Round! Say hello to... Ecstasy, a Mack Rides HyperCoaster:
Ecstasy-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Ecstasy
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: HyperCoaster (Custom)
  • Height: 256ft/78m
  • Speed: 86mph/138kph
  • Length: 6,788ft/2,069m
  • Inversions: 6
  • Airtime Moments: 11
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.3G (overall), 4.8G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.8G (overall and heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,390pph (57-58 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 2s)
If you'd like to play with Ecstasy for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3173224176

So that's Ecstasy, my Bonus Round submission! I hope you all like it!

That was very good! There was lots of airtime and the ride was smooth!

As there has seemingly been quite low engagement this week, I’d just like to remind you all that only 1 day remains of Week 12.

I’ve had 3 responses to the Round 11 Voting Google Form so far, including my own. If you’d like to vote for your Round 11 favourites, here’s the form allowing you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4L2CHd-N3xkbEBemdE-Stav2ksXZcy2dlR5AgTQg3O7Lx0A/viewform

There have been 2 submissions for the Bonus Round so far, including my own. If you would like a deadline extension for the Bonus Round, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you have any issues with uploading videos or anything at all, get in touch with me and I would be very happy to solve these issues for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

I'd certainly advise you all to submit something for the Bonus Round, if possible. You can build whatever you like, and any points you gain in the Bonus Round are worth double what they were worth in previous rounds, so it really is a pivotal round to compete in!

The deadline for both Bonus Round building and Round 11 voting is Friday 8th March 2024 at 11:45pm. The Week 13 Weekly Digest will be posted on Saturday 9th March 2024 at 12am.

If you’d like an extension, please request one before the deadline. Does anyone want an extension on either Bonus Round building or Round 11 voting?

Can we have an extension? I'm exhausted ATM and Saturday would give me time to do something

Can we have an extension? I'm exhausted ATM and Saturday would give me time to do something
Yes, that's fine. I'll extend Bonus Round Building until Saturday 9th March 2024 at 11:45pm.
Universal Studios Great Britain - Jurassic World: Raptor Rampage

Stats: Long, twisty, launchy, uppy, downy, headbangy, Jurassicy.

1.jpeg

2.png

This has been so much fun, thanks for all your effort in keeping it running every week @Matt N !

Great submission @cloudburster! Your ride looks like great fun, with some awesome airtime moments and fun inversions!

Keeping to my bonus round theme of Sega games that would make excellent rollercoasters (I mean, why has no one ever built a proper Sonic coaster? Madness!), a more obscure game franchise, and even more obscure particular game within it (which is rare and I actually own an original copy of) is the basis for this.

For anyone who doesn't know what NiGHTS is (@DistortAMG will), do a quick YouTube search and you'll soon get the gist of why it lends itself to a B&M flyer.

This is Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams: The Ride. A B&M flyer that runs 3 trains. I wish I could have put the game music into the video but have no idea how to do that.

Next year, Crazy Taxi: The Ride maybe? Hmmm.

Keeping to my bonus round theme of Sega games that would make excellent rollercoasters (I mean, why has no one ever built a proper Sonic coaster? Madness!), a more obscure game franchise, and even more obscure particular game within it (which is rare and I actually own an original copy of) is the basis for this.

For anyone who doesn't know what NiGHTS is (@DistortAMG will), do a quick YouTube search and you'll soon get the gist of why it lends itself to a B&M flyer.

This is Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams: The Ride. A B&M flyer that runs 3 trains. I wish I could have put the game music into the video but have no idea how to do that.

Awesome submission @Matt.GC! Your ride is really long and maintains its pace very well throughout, and it also has some fun-looking inversions!

This slapped me in the face with nostalgia. Crazy Taxi! Nights! Saturn! Dreamcast! Thems were the days.

Expectation:

1000033379.jpg

Reality: 1000033378.jpg

:oops:

Itchy and Scratchy Land, I have failed you. Spent so long on the rockwork I ran out of time to make the coaster!

Fight and Bite
RMC
7077ft
101 mph

Great submission @RicketyCricket! Your ride has some great custom inversions and some awesome airtime moments, and I like the rockwork interaction. It reminds me a little bit of Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas!

Awesome submission @Thameslink Rail! Your ride has some fun inversions and airtime moments!

Just as a reminder to everyone else; due to an extension request, the Bonus Round building deadline has been extended by 1 day, to Saturday 9th March 2024 at 11:45pm. As such, you have 1 additional day to submit a Bonus Round submission if you haven’t done so already.

Remember, any votes gained in the Bonus Round are worth double the points they were worth in earlier rounds, so it really is all to play for!

My bonus round submission: Dive Bomb

Name: Dive Bomb
Manufacturer: B&M
Model: Family Dive Coaster
Max Height: 180ft
Speed: 72mph
Length: 3048ft
Inversions: 3
Airtime Count: 4
Max Vertical Gs: 4.43g
Max Lateral Gs: 1.87g
Min Vertical Gs: -1.26g

My bonus round submission: Dive Bomb

Name: Dive Bomb
Manufacturer: B&M
Model: Family Dive Coaster
Max Height: 180ft
Speed: 72mph
Length: 3048ft
Inversions: 3
Airtime Count: 4
Max Vertical Gs: 4.43g
Max Lateral Gs: 1.87g
Min Vertical Gs: -1.26g

Awesome submission @tactic! Your ride has some fun inversions and airtime moments, and is also very smooth!

Week 13 Weekly Digest (9th-15th March 2024)
All right, folks! Week 12 is now over, so that means it's time for another Weekly Digest!

Let's start with the Round 11 results...
Round 11 Results
There were 3 responses to the Round 11 Voting Google Form in total, and the winners of Round 11 were as follows:
The complete leaderboard for Round 11 is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Poisson902
2@Thameslink Rail900
3@Matt.GC710
4@cloudburster710
5@Matt N700
6@RicketyCricket600
7@mo237000
8@MattyH000
9@Willt7000
10@tactic000
11@The_bup000
12@Matt878787000
13@Connor98000
As such, the leaderboard for the overall contest so far is:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Matt.GC142130
2@RicketyCricket10640
3@Poisson87320
4@Matt N8761
5@cloudburster8373
6@Willt77940
7@Thameslink Rail7708
8@mo2377211
9@MattyH65115
10@tactic5630
11@Connor983830
12@The_bup2211
13@Matt878787000
Great round, everybody!

As the Bonus Round building deadline has been extended for an additional day, to Saturday 9th March 2024 at 11:45pm, the release of Bonus Round voting will also be delayed by a day, to Sunday 10th March 2024 at 12am. As such, I cannot discuss that just yet.

As we have now done all of the rounds, there is also no building stage for me to reveal this week... so that brings this very short Week 13 Weekly Digest to a rapid close!

Enjoy the last week of the contest, everybody! As said above, Bonus Round voting will drop tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled for that!