• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2023/24: Winners Declared (contest ended 16th March)

I have now completed my submission for Round 3! Say hello to... Concorde, an Intamin Accelerator Coaster:
Concorde-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Concorde
  • Manufacturer: Intamin
  • Model: Accelerator Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 666ft/203m
  • Speed: 175mph/282kph
  • Length: 13,901ft/4,237m
  • Inversions: 0
  • Airtime Moments: 7
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.4G (overall and heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -2.2G (overall), -1.9G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 5 cars/20 riders
  • Throughput: 807pph (40-41 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 29s)
If you'd like to play with Concorde for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3127718749

So that's Concorde, my Round 3 submission! I hope you all like it!

On a side note, I have to say that this round was much harder than I'd anticipated... it was really difficult to build a ride at that scale that didn't have lethal levels of g-force!

I have now completed my submission for Round 3! Say hello to... Concorde, an Intamin Accelerator Coaster:
Concorde-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Concorde
  • Manufacturer: Intamin
  • Model: Accelerator Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 666ft/203m
  • Speed: 175mph/282kph
  • Length: 13,901ft/4,237m
  • Inversions: 0
  • Airtime Moments: 7
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.4G (overall and heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -2.2G (overall), -1.9G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 5 cars/20 riders
  • Throughput: 807pph (40-41 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 29s)
If you'd like to play with Concorde for yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3127718749

So that's Concorde, my Round 3 submission! I hope you all like it!

On a side note, I have to say that this round was much harder than I'd anticipated... it was really difficult to build a ride at that scale that didn't have lethal levels of g-force!

That was really good! Considering the ride's size, it was quite smooth!

I'm on layout attempt #9. How tf is it possible to struggle with reimagining the IRL Planet Coaster Gone Mad Mega Super Coaster, in Planet Coaster, where you can go mad and build said Mega Super Coasters - it's like a fever dream. These are great challenges!

I'm on layout attempt #9. How tf is it possible to struggle with reimagining the IRL Planet Coaster Gone Mad Mega Super Coaster, in Planet Coaster, where you can go mad and build said Mega Super Coasters - it's like a fever dream. These are great challenges!
Based on my experience building Concorde, I feel that this round is deceptively difficult. On the face of it, the lack of things like footprint constraints and being able to build a huge ride make this sound like a phenomenally easy round, but I think the nature of the constraints lulls you into a real false sense of security.

The thing I found hard is that building a ride at that size requires very, very gradual profiling and such that takes real effort to pull off effectively; building a ride with the sort of profiling you might use to build a regular size coaster will make a ride pull lethal amounts of g-force at the speeds required here!

On that subject, could I gain some clarity on some ground rules Matt? Am I right in saying that as long as it does not exceed force limits we're ok? I've dabbled with big fast coasters before, and even if the forces come back within the accepted levels, unless you build something incredibly boring the game goes all annoying and gives you reds for fear and nausea.

I know we've discussed how silly some of these game stats are before and in previous years we've been ok as long as the game deems the ride as safe. Is this still the case? So basically as long as we don't exceed force limits, so the game would allow people to ride it, we're ok, regardless of how nauseous or scary the game's opinion of your coaster is?

I'm aiming around 5.5g vertical, 2.5g lateral as a rough maximum guesstimates. The game rankings of scary etc I've never looked at as they're nonsense.

On that subject, could I gain some clarity on some ground rules Matt? Am I right in saying that as long as it does not exceed force limits we're ok? I've dabbled with big fast coasters before, and even if the forces come back within the accepted levels, unless you build something incredibly boring the game goes all annoying and gives you reds for fear and nausea.

I know we've discussed how silly some of these game stats are before and in previous years we've been ok as long as the game deems the ride as safe. Is this still the case? So basically as long as we don't exceed force limits, so the game would allow people to ride it, we're ok, regardless of how nauseous or scary the game's opinion of your coaster is?
Yes, you’re 100% correct.

I have absolutely no restrictions or benchmarks on g-force that you need to aim for. You can decide what level of g-force your ride administers; you can make your ride pull as much or as little g-force as you like!

I’d probably advise going for something that doesn’t exceed force limits and lets people ride it, but you don’t even have to do that! I aim for a level of g-force that’s forceful but not too extreme (the sort of g-force that you might realistically see on a real-life coaster), but you don’t have to do that by any means; I just choose to. Your ride can pull as much or as little force as you like!

I also don’t care whatsoever about Excitement/Fear/Nausea either; they’re a bit too wishy-washy to impose limits on, in my view, and they’re not at all applicable outside of Planet Coaster. And as you say, anything vaguely tall and fast gives you obscenely red ratings for Fear and Nausea regardless of g-forces, so they can probably be ignored to a broad extent. Go as high or low on those as you like!

So in summary; there are no force restrictions to follow, and the Excitement/Fear/Nausea ratings can be disregarded. As a rule of thumb; there’s no constraint on anything unless I explicitly tell you that there is one.

Is that clear to everybody?

Last edited:
Arabian Frights.

13 airtime moments, 14.17 seconds of airtime. It reaches 154mph. 5562m long . Max g force is below the game tolerances so will let people ride but apparently the extremely annoying cartoon characters in the game find it too scary. Pansies.

It runs 3 trains of 36 riders, but there's a slight stack at the end due to how long the catch car takes to return to the bottom of the lift hill which I didn't take into consideration until after I'd built it. Sorry.

Here is my round 3 submission: Pigeon's Flight!

Sorry about the joltyness of the ride in some points, some of the cons of building out of 4m track pieces and I didn't have time to smooth it to 2m.

Name: Pigeon's Flight
Manufacturer: Intamin
Model: LSM Launch coaster
Max Height: 456ft
Speed: 150mph (the stats in game say 145mph in the results section, but in the live statistics it says 150 at the fastest point (can provide evidence if needed))
Length: 8389ft
Inversions: 2
Airtime Count: 16
Max Vertical Gs: 5.91g (bit high I know but was the lowest I could keep them)
Max Lateral Gs: 2.00g
Min Vertical Gs: -2.88g

Also no supports on this one! My pc was too laggy if I had them turned on.

Arabian Frights.

13 airtime moments, 14.17 seconds of airtime. It reaches 154mph. 5562m long . Max g force is below the game tolerances so will let people ride but apparently the extremely annoying cartoon characters in the game find it too scary. Pansies.

It runs 3 trains of 36 riders, but there's a slight stack at the end due to how long the catch car takes to return to the bottom of the lift hill which I didn't take into consideration until after I'd built it. Sorry.

Great submission @Matt.GC! Your ride has a nice mix of airtime and high-speed turns, and it's also impressively smooth given the scale!
Here is my round 3 submission: Pigeon's Flight!

Sorry about the joltyness of the ride in some points, some of the cons of building out of 4m track pieces and I didn't have time to smooth it to 2m.

Name: Pigeon's Flight
Manufacturer: Intamin
Model: LSM Launch coaster
Max Height: 456ft
Speed: 150mph (the stats in game say 145mph in the results section, but in the live statistics it says 150 at the fastest point (can provide evidence if needed))
Length: 8389ft
Inversions: 2
Airtime Count: 16
Max Vertical Gs: 5.91g (bit high I know but was the lowest I could keep them)
Max Lateral Gs: 2.00g
Min Vertical Gs: -2.88g

Also no supports on this one! My pc was too laggy if I had them turned on.

Awesome submission @tactic! Your ride is packed with airtime and also throws some nice inversions in there too!

For everyone else; I’d just like to remind you that we are now half way through Week 3.

I’ve had 5 responses to the Round 2 Voting Google Form so far, including my own. If you’d like to vote for your Round 2 favourites, here’s the form allowing you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZnHhGjJYm2OR2DYYXGVG1ppYlFrY7JPMmvYF_K5CkQnC7RA/viewform

There have been 3 submissions for Round 3 so far, including my own. If you would like a deadline extension for Round 3, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you have any issues with uploading videos or anything at all, get in touch with me and I would be very happy to solve these issues for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

Week 3 ends on Friday 5th January 2024 at 11:59pm, and this is the deadline for both Round 3 building and Round 2 voting.

This round we were briefed to build something Tall, Fast and Long.

Introducing Expedition ENORMOUS, an Intamin prototype wing coaster, Because when it's this big, Intamin are the sensible choice.

Just like the festive period, there's a lot of build up, you end up far too big and it's all over in a blur.

With a 741 foot drop, a 150 mph top speed and a length of 23,004 feet (4.34 miles), Expedition ENORMOUS ticks all of the above boxes.

Also since it's a six flags, I figured a couple of familiar background coasters would look good to give a sense of scale.

20240102225041_1.jpg
20240102225100_1.jpg
20240102225244_1.jpg
20240102225305_1.jpg
20240102225318_1.jpg
20240102225328_1.jpg

And of course the POV

This round we were briefed to build something Tall, Fast and Long.

Introducing Expedition ENORMOUS, an Intamin prototype wing coaster, Because when it's this big, Intamin are the sensible choice.

Just like the festive period, there's a lot of build up, you end up far too big and it's all over in a blur.

With a 741 foot drop, a 150 mph top speed and a length of 23,004 feet (4.34 miles), Expedition ENORMOUS ticks all of the above boxes.

Also since it's a six flags, I figured a couple of familiar background coasters would look good to give a sense of scale.

20240102225041_1.jpg
20240102225100_1.jpg
20240102225244_1.jpg
20240102225305_1.jpg
20240102225318_1.jpg
20240102225328_1.jpg

And of course the POV

Excellent submission @MattyH! Your ride is phenomenally long and has a nice mix of airtime, inversions and high speed turns!

Usually whizz through these but this one took a while. Built a 500ft drop, finished the coaster and then realised it was somehow only 115mph. Had to make a 739ft drop underground to hit 154mph and I had to make some tweaks to the first part of the ride as the pacing was off.

Name: LGBTRMC
Model: RMC TRex (single rail)
Drop: 739ft
Speed: 154mph
Max vert G: 4.87
Min vert G: -3.32
Inversions: 5
Airtime Count: 15

1000030005.jpg

Usually whizz through these but this one took a while. Built a 500ft drop, finished the coaster and then realised it was somehow only 115mph. Had to make a 739ft drop underground to hit 154mph and I had to make some tweaks to the first part of the ride as the pacing was off.

Name: LGBTRMC
Model: RMC TRex (single rail)
Drop: 739ft
Speed: 154mph
Max vert G: 4.87
Min vert G: -3.32
Inversions: 5
Airtime Count: 15

1000030005.jpg

Great submission @RicketyCricket! Your ride is packed with airtime, and it also features some nice custom inversions!