• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2023/24: Winners Declared (contest ended 16th March)

Bonus Round Voting
The Bonus Round is finished and the submissions are in, so the voting stage can now begin!

Please vote for your Bonus Round favourites via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSJBNf7I2MDZHK1LhmQCosvjXFKH_u9xzw2V4u8t1CIeg4Qg/viewform

Let me just recap a few things about voting, if you need a reminder:
  • If you're not clear on how I'd like you to vote; please pick your top 5 track layouts and rank them in order of preference from #1 to #5. As this is the Bonus Round, votes are worth double what they would normally be worth. Therefore, if you give a player a particular ranking, the points allocated are as follows; #1 ranking = 10pts, #2 ranking = 8pts, #3 ranking = 6pts, #4 ranking = 4pts, #5 ranking = 2pts.
  • You will also receive the opportunity to nominate a submission for Most Realistic or Most Original if you wish. These nominations are not compulsory; you can award them if you would like to, but you do not have to nominate anyone for Most Realistic or Most Original. As votes in the Bonus Round are worth double the usual total, each Most Realistic or Most Original nomination a player gets will grant them 2 Realism points or 2 Originality points, respectively.
  • Please only fill out this form once. I have not mandated this within the form itself, but I'm trusting you all here.
  • Please do not vote for yourself. I know that there is no way I can mandate this, but I trust you not to. Please can I request that you only nominate submissions that are not your own.
  • The overall ranking spots from #1 to #5 are designed to be mutually exclusive; one submission cannot have more than one ranking spot. As an example; if you rank a submission as your #1, you cannot also rank it as your #2. Please only give each submission one ranking spot. The exception to this is nominations for Most Realistic and Most Original; in these instances, the same submission can be nominated for both categories, and submissions already nominated within your top 5 can also be nominated for one or both of these categories. Within the main #1-#5 ranking, though; please allocate only one ranking spot per submission.
  • Please judge submissions on track layout only. This is a coaster layout building contest; theming is pretty much irrelevant here.
  • I know that this form of voting is more anonymous than some may like. If you would like to add a slightly more personal touch, you can post a comment in this thread indicating your top 5 choices, as well as any Most Realistic and/or Most Original nominations. However, can I please request that the Google Form is your first port of call for voting; I will only count votes cast within the Google Form, as if you post in this thread, I wouldn't like to assume whether you've already voted in the Google Form or not. Post your choices in the thread by all means, but please make sure that you log your votes within the Google Form first, as the votes within the Google Form are the votes I'll be counting.
Here is a reminder of everyone's submissions so that you know what you're voting for:
  • Peaker, an RMC Topper Track by @mo237:
  • Ecstasy, a Mack Rides HyperCoaster by @Matt N:
  • Jurassic World: Raptor Rampage, a B&M launch coaster by @cloudburster:
  • Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams: The Ride, a B&M Flying Coaster by @Matt.GC:
  • Fight and Bite, an RMC IBox Track by @RicketyCricket:
  • Magnus Avis, a B&M Wing Coaster by @Thameslink Rail:
  • Dive Bomb, a B&M Dive Coaster by @tactic:
  • Unnamed B&M Flying Coaster by @Poisson:

Voting for the Bonus Round closes on Friday 15th March 2024 at 11:45pm, and the results will be revealed as part of the End of the Contest Digest on Saturday 16th March 2024 at 12am.

Good luck with Bonus Round voting, everybody... make these last votes count!

I’d just like to remind you all that we are now half way through Week 13.

I’ve had 2 responses to the Bonus Round Voting Google Form so far, including my own. If you’d like to vote for your Bonus Round favourites, here’s the form allowing you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSJBNf7I2MDZHK1LhmQCosvjXFKH_u9xzw2V4u8t1CIeg4Qg/viewform

I’d certainly advise you all to vote, if possible. Votes in the Bonus Round are worth double the points that they were worth in any previous round, and it’s your last chance to make your voice heard in this contest!

Bonus Round Voting closes on Friday 15th March 2024 at 11:45pm, and the End of the Contest Digest will drop on Saturday 16th March 2024 at 12am.

Last edited:
End of the Contest Digest (16th March 2024)
OK, folks; Bonus Round voting is now over! As such, I can now reveal the final results for both the Bonus Round and the overall contest! Let me start with the Bonus Round results...
Bonus Round Results
There were 5 responses to the Bonus Round Voting Google Form in total, and the winners of the Bonus Round were as follows:
The complete leaderboard for the Bonus Round is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@mo2373000
2@cloudburster2640
3@RicketyCricket2602
4@tactic2420
5@Matt.GC2004
6@Thameslink Rail2000
7@Matt N222
8@Poisson200
9@Willt7000
10@MattyH000
11@The_bup000
12@Matt878787000
13@Connor98000
Great round, everybody! If you're wondering why the point totals were so high, it's because as I've said before, votes in the Bonus Round were worth double what they were worth in previous rounds.

Let's now move onto the results for the overall contest...
Overall Contest Results
After 12 challenging rounds, the winners of the TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2023/24 are as follows:
  • Overall Winner 2023/24: @Matt.GC (162pts)
  • Most Realistic 2023/24: @Matt.GC (13pts)
  • Most Original 2023/24: @Poisson (20pts)
Congratulations, winners; you will receive prizes from me via PM in due course!

The final leaderboard for the overall contest is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Matt.GC162134
2@RicketyCricket13242
3@cloudburster109113
4@mo23710211
5@Thameslink Rail9708
6@Poisson89320
7@Matt N8983
8@tactic8050
9@Willt77940
10@MattyH65115
11@Connor983830
12@The_bup2211
13@Matt878787000
For those interested, I can also reveal the Google Sheet I have been keeping throughout the contest, which shows people's exact vote distributions in each round:

So that concludes the TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2023/24, folks! Thank you all so much for playing; the standard of submissions has been brilliant this year, and I've been consistently impressed by how well you've all risen to the challenges I've set! I once again wholeheartedly apologise for the late start meaning that this one was shorter, but I hope that you all had fun regardless!

To help enhance future contests, I would really appreciate any feedback on this contest, if you have any for me. And please don't hold back in that regard, either; if you think that the contest has been rubbish and I've done a terrible job, please tell me! Is there anything you particularly liked about this contest? Is there anything you didn't like, or anything that you'd change? I'd love to know; your feedback will help me make future contests better.

I hope to be back next closed season with the TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2024/25... but I should say that as I'm starting a Master's degree in the autumn, I'm afraid I cannot make any guarantees at this stage about whether I'll have the time to dedicate to it. However, if I'm able to find the time in amongst my studies, I will certainly concoct another of these contests if there is still demand for it! And if I do, I hope to return to the full closed season, 18-round bumper length that we had in 2022/23, if that is what people would like! The only reason for the slightly more truncated contest this time was because I forgot to start one amidst the flurry of academic stuff in my first semester at university. So if I haven't said anything towards the end of October, give me a polite nudge and I'll see what I can do!

But all in all, though; I hope everyone has enjoyed playing! I hope to see everyone again for another contest next closed season, but even if I'm unable to run one in 2024/25, I certainly intend to run another contest at some point in the future... so you haven't seen the end of these contests just yet! In the meantime, though, we've got some real theme parks to visit! After a long closed season, it's time to see what wonders Nemesis Reborn has in store for us...

I've spent my whole life dreaming of being 3rd, and it's finally happened. I'd like to thank all the gods, my cat Freddie for his emotional support and all the rollercoasters of the world for their dedication and hard work over the years. :hearteyes:

In all seriousness, thank you for all the work and effort you put in, it was so much fun and great seeing so much creativity. I need a new reason to play PC now. :cry::smile:

Really enjoyed it, thanks a lot @Matt N

My coaster building skills have definitly improved a lot since xmas, I now know that 2m smoothing a poor layout doesn't make a ride better.... :tearsofjoy:

I've enjoyed following this and looking at the submissions, have not had time to play. I am pretty sure we could be seeing a Planet Coaster 2 speed build come this closed season....

Thanks again Matt. You put a lot of time and passion into laying this on for us all every year. It's always fun. Running a shop and studying for a degree at the same time, I have a calendar full of deadlines on my phone and your submission deadlines are on it 😂!

Felt quite strange not having to build one this week, loading up the PlayStation and getting stuck in. So I completed the Evil Within 2 instead, a game I've owned for years but haven't got round to playing properly.