• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
All the best, it really seems that this is taking off in a big way! I can see TT now heading the same way as TowersAlmanac unfortunately but hey ho like many have said the team are what made TT so long may it continue here.

Looking long term, is there any prospect of an Iphone app?

Was also wondering if there are any plans for info/discussion on European parks, since that's a particular area of erm expertise, shall we say, of many members, not least the team themselves!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jordan said:
I think there's a bug with the thanks button - it is only showing the most recent user who thanked a post.

Ha! Thanks for spotting that one Jordan... I've fixed it now.

Apologies as it was only storing one name (the last name!) of the person thanked, but all fixed now :D

Apologies if its already been mentioned but will the ability to modify/edit your own posts return? Also "next" and "previous" buttons that allow you to go from one page to another in topics? I know you've probably got more important things to be getting on with at present but thought I'd just bring these two up so you know!

Well done everyone though on getting this up and running so quickly. It really is great to see and you've all done a fantastic job that you can already be proud of. I know you are all working very hard and I look forward to seeing future developments.

:)

My one concern with the name is that when you try searching it on Google you get tons of links to Alton Towers actual websites and other Fan sites talking about Towers Street. I had to go to someone’s post on TTF just to find this site. I worry this might affect the sites growth if no one can find it.

Apart from that I’m going to stay quiet for now as there’s no point me nitpicking when there’s so much to do. If I didn’t still have a week left of my Degree I’d volunteer to lend a hand.

Hopefully once we build up the site and community TowersStreet will work it's way up Google's results. I know from previous experience it can take a while for new sites to appear at the top of search engines such as Google, and bare in mind it's been less than 24 hours since we registered all the domains and the name TowersStreet :)

Tim said:
My one concern with the name is that when you try searching it on Google you get tons of links to Alton Towers actual websites and other Fan sites talking about Towers Street. I had to go to someone’s post on TTF just to find this site. I worry this might affect the sites growth if no one can find it.

Apart from that I’m going to stay quiet for now as there’s no point me nitpicking when there’s so much to do. If I didn’t still have a week left of my Degree I’d volunteer to lend a hand.

I wouldn't worry about that Tim, at the rate the site has popped up the guys prob haven't even had a chance to enter it to Google's search database. No doubt it will be, and as the site and forum grows more and more links will appear for it and it will become easier to find.

I guess right now its all about baby steps and retaining the spirit that TTF once had.

I understand that it will take time for the site to work its way up the ranks. My concern is that even if it becomes absolutely huge the site might still be knocked off the top spot by a page on Alton Towers own website. However I have just done another more accurate Google search and the Alton Towers page didn't appear so I must have just typed it weird.

BTW I like the idea of naming the different parts of the site as if they are things you'd find or would happen on Towers Street:
TowersStreet - Talk
TowersStreet - Community
TowersStreet - Information (can we call it Sales and Information :p )

Have you thought of calling the sites homepage the main gates and styling it to match?

Tim said:
Have you thought of calling the sites homepage the main gates and styling it to match?

That's a good idea - and no doubt something that we will consider amongst others things when creating the website and forum look/brand.

So far we've got a colour scheme in mind, so things are shaping up. It will take time (quicker than the new TT Site though!) but once we get there we will have a very unique website. :)

Think this is the best place to post this, just a little idea I've had.

One of the key ways for us as a site to be successful is going to be awareness if one for a better word. Being known and so on. This obviously takes time and is not something that just happens over a period of nights, weeks or months. However I have an idea that could potentially help attract people our way. A lot of us here visit Alton Towers very frequently and as we all know work on SW7 has started. If we could lead the way in providing updates and so on regarding SW7 this could be of great interest to many people, enthusiasts and just those that like to keep up to date with things. With the members we have I think we would be able to provide excellent photo updates on a regular basis. In the coming months SW7 is going to generate a lot of interest and I feel that we could use it in a way to benefit ourselves.

Obviously I don't know how feasible something like this may be what with all the other work that is going on and time scales etc. I just thought it was an idea worth posting though. Regardless of what does happen I'm sure that this forum will be great at proving SW7 updates!

Excellent idea, Rob. If TST (it's hard to type those letters after being so used to another forum for so long! :p) were to get as much information on SW7 as possible, then that would be a fantastic way of promoting the site! :)

There was a post earlier regarding international parks.

I plan on compiling a lot of the information that I have put together over the years with reference to parks around Europe and posting a lot of this on here.

As this has all come about so quickly, I simply have not yet had the time to sit down and take stock, which I hope to be doing this evening and over the coming days.

We have a massive range of expertise within the team and members here, and I will be working hard to ensure that this is made a great deal of.

I will begin by promoting threads about Europa-Park, Disneyland Paris and Orlando as soon as possible - with a view to getting the EP Trip Planning back up and running later on - as this is one of the most recent things that I was proud of on TTF, and something which I would like to retain.

Well, hello again. :)

I'm really liking the new forum, and once all settles down a bit, I'm sure it will be better than ever!

Will the forum layout stay like this, i.e. colours, fonts ect?
I was thinking that a nice red look would work well.

If not, then I really do like the current colour scheme as it feels fresh, and once the rest of the site is expanded out, I'm sure it will be the best once again!

The addition of Tapatalk and the Thanks button were nice surprises when I woke up this afternoon..
Much deserved thanks to the admins and mods for getting the site up so swiftly!

Done my bit for the cause - I've changed the link on Airgates from TowersTimes to TowersStreet to help any misguided enthusiasts. :)

Noticed a wee logo has appeared on Tapatalk...

Photo%2012-06-2012%2016%2000%2049.png

I like the look of it :) Definitely feels like Towers Street...

Ooh I'm liking that logo a lot! *imagines it as a pin badge! :p

Will there be a Alton Archive topic? Like talking about past rides and events?

The logo looks epic!
Can't wait to see the development of the site through the years haha

I must applaud the effort and quality that has been produced here. Will the colour scheme be Alton's purple and gold by any chance?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.