• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The above Logo looks good. The T and S could do with a bit more stylising and that purple seems to be a bit colourful for Towers purple but it's a good start that can be tweaked upon.

Also I just wanted to say that I really like the little icon next to each post that shows if the person is online or not. I think it's a good way of knowing if they're likely to respond if you are making a reply direct to their post.

I just thought I’d say this now because I know the format is likely to change dramatically sometime soon but if it's possible I'd quite like that feature to stay. It would be quite useful for a future RCT/NoLimits sub-form.

May I just say a MASSIVE well done to the team,they way you've put all this is in a day in amazing.

P.S now where in towers street shouldn't we have members that just try and sell you stuff all the time?

Longy said:
Well, hello again. :)

I'm really liking the new forum, and once all settles down a bit, I'm sure it will be better than ever!

Will the forum layout stay like this, i.e. colours, fonts ect?
I was thinking that a nice red look would work well.

If not, then I really do like the current colour scheme as it feels fresh, and once the rest of the site is expanded out, I'm sure it will be the best once again!

Nooo - we've still got our brand to stamp around on the place - but the team are still hard at work at developing the brand!

You'll probably see the TS homepage has gone up too, and again this is just a temporary design/look whilst we settle in our new home and actually get the time to work on the drapes and wallpaper ;)

Just throwing this out there but I have the equivalent of an AAB Graphic Design National Diploma and if the site would ever want any help with design work (and I'm not at all suggesting that any of you are incapable), I'd be willing to give a helping hand (completely free of charge of course :p).

Just a friendly offer! :)

As for what's already been achieved, I think we all need to applaud the team for doing some great work.

Meat Pie being useful... now that's a welcome surprise.

Anyway, the new homepage looks good for a day or twos work, excellent there. Just a quick question on how long do you reckon it'll be before we see some update there. I'm sure plenty of members will be willing to help.

After going offline at about 4am and returning now i'm returning to a birmming forum, filled with the vast amount of familiar content, a swanky homepage, thanks button, chat a shoutbox etc. It's quite frankly awesome, so impressed with the transition.

Big thanks to Joel and Craig and whomever else for working to the bone to get this community back on its feet after the 'big divide', if it's like this on day 1 I can't wait to see what this place is like 365 days later. Keep up the great work chaps! :)

Well, my logo idea was a little late, but I thought I'd share it anyway. :p
Remember that this was only a ten minute job though and I could design better!

a1e09600c812436a9fef7a4.png

The amount of work that has gone on in the short amount of time is astounding and I applaud all the team. Imagine what the site will look like just a month from now! It's also nice to see that you have integrated Tapatalk too.

The homepage looks great - really sleek. The new colourscheme looks good on the site, although I'm not sure about making the forum purple - I hate forums that have dark colours and white text (especially for periods of long reading) - hurts your eyes.

Perhaps the gradient background could be purple to white, as it is blue to white now and the middle section just contain hints of purple with white the primary background?

The Ultimate StreetTalk ;-)

I really do like the style of the homepage that's been released - I hope the site follows a similar theme :) The typeface is very nice indeed!

However, not to be fussy, but it makes me sad that in this day and age we're using layout tables and javascript image swapping :(

Jordan said:
However, not to be fussy, but it makes me sad that in this day and age we're using layout tables and javascript image swapping :(

I am to blame, quick h4ck5 in Dreamweaver unfortunately as I'm shipping myself off to Europe imminently and I'm trying to get jobs done before I go :p

It will be done properly soon though ;)

Meat Pie said:
Just throwing this out there but I have the equivalent of an AAB Graphic Design National Diploma and if the site would ever want any help with design work (and I'm not at all suggesting that any of you are incapable), I'd be willing to give a helping hand (completely free of charge of course :p).

Just a friendly offer! :)

As for what's already been achieved, I think we all need to applaud the team for doing some great work.

Damn Meat Pie, you're being too nice to us. I can't handle it. ;)

It's a lovely offer though so thank you. I am sure if we need any help we will contact you if we need to in future. :)

I was bored earlier and so instead of doing something productive, I mocked up an idea for a logo for this place. Here's what I came up with...

TowersStreetlogo2.png

Joel said:
Jordan said:

I am to blame, quick h4ck5 in Dreamweaver unfortunately as I'm shipping myself off to Europe imminently and I'm trying to get jobs done before I go :p

It will be done properly soon though ;)

Given the short amount of time at your disposal, and from speaking to you on the phone, to even have a page online is a great acheivement! Well done Joel! ;D

I made this years ago as part of a project i was doing with Towers Street. know its not really in keeping with the style of the site but i thought id post it anyway seeing as i've had it sat around fro about two years!

towersstreet-1.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.