• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Bah! I only turned compatability mode on because I can't see the Shoutbox with it disabled.

I give up. Maybe it is time to stop being a dinosaur and use another browser after all....

Firefox is waiting for you ;)
firefox-eating-explorer.jpg

I have the worlds smallest niggle, that probably only affects me.

I mostly use the site from work, as my house is in a internet signal dead zone. Because the site is usually fairly quiet during the day, I use the Latest Forum Topics box on the homepage to see what's being talked about at the moment, but the box doesn't show which forum the topic is in. It means I've ended up in The Tavern a few times on some NSFW threads, and had my IT department slap my wrist for it. :/ They are REALLY strict about stuff like this.

Is there any way it could show which forum the topic is in, or even just highlight anything that might be NSFW?

We are looking into a fix for this to indicate which topics come from the tavern and might not be NSFW

The issue with the "Latest Forum Topics" box on the homepage is that due to the limited space it may start to look a little messy if we try to add too much information. It's only really intended as a quick, slimmed down view for the homepage.

However, if you go to the forum page itself you can use the Unread Posts and New Replies button at the top of the page to access the same information but with the sub-forum name listed under the topic.

abf24ddef6ba4d96b33125a.png

1GbkqmJ.png

If anything this view is actually better than the homepage as it gives you a whole list of topics, not just a handful. I'm just looking at adding a new icon to Tavern topics on this screen as well, just to help make it a bit clearer.

Alternatively you can just log out when on the homepage. If no one is logged in the site will automatically hide topics from the Tavern on the homepage :)

Ian said:
However, if you go to the forum page itself you can use the Unread Posts and New Replies button at the top of the page to access the same information but with the sub-forum name listed under the topic.

Ooh, thanks! I hadn't spotted that ;D

Tavern topics are now indicated on the list not only by their sub-forum, but also a little beer tankard icon, just to make it that bit clearer :)

Maybe there's a way to allow people to add a little NSFW flag when they create a topic?

Kinda like reddit does at the moment:

XlTV42M.png

Agreed. The snow is cute and all, but it makes things a pain to read, as well as slowing the whole forum down.

I think the counter that counts the number of people online is broken...
It's been stuck on 73 for a while now. :p

I'm pretty sure I've been on at times when there have certainly been more than 73 people online. ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.