• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Adam James said:
Regarding the smilies, would it be possible to change the shortcut for 8) from an 8.) (without the dot) to something less problematic?

Quite recently its meant that lists have to be edited after posting as the smilie replaces the point number - a small trivial thing, but hopefully i'm not the only person to have encountered this.

I've changed it to 8-) which should prevent this happening :)

Evening,

I’ve been here less than a week and I’ve not posted a great deal yet, however I thought i’d give a noobs eye view on the community. Doesn't justify it's own thread so hope it's ok to stick it here!

I’ve been out of the game entirely for a couple of seasons and away from any online coaster communities for even longer (long story.) About 6 months ago I started to visit some forums again for the Smilier updates, and last month I decided that I wanted to take it a step further and get active again. So, off I went to explore the interweb to see how things had changed... some forums had survived, some had died, and the majority that were active looked overwhelmingly crap (some things never change.)

I’d just about given up hope when I stumbled onto TS. No forum is perfect, but overall this one is pretty damn close.

- The level of activity is perfect. It’s worth reading the forum daily but if I take a few days off it’s not hard to get back into a thread.
- Very relaxed posting rules (hurrah for boobs and swearing.)
- Post quality is good. Given the last point I have no frakking idea how. Yes you always have the odd pointless post / thread, but overall the quality is the best of any coaster forum I’ve looked at.
- Friendly. I’ve posted 18 times and I haven’t made an enemy yet. This point actually disturbs me somewhat.
- Meets look genuinely intriguing. If I’m still here I’ll be giving one of them a shot later in the season.
- Layout / graphics are ace and very easy to navigate. I’ve played with most features and not a bug or dead link in sight.

So yea, in short, congratulations guys. Exceeded my expectations by some way. :D

I think your 19th post just made a lot of new friends tbh (the team love nice feedback, we're always quick to hear about the bad things, but occasionally some wonderful things come through that bring us all to tears of joy make us smile and feel warm and fuzzy!) ;)

Thanks for the feedback though, we take it all on board and its nice to know we're doing good with the newer members as well as the dedicated grumpy older ones! :D

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but quite often when I'm on either Chrome on a laptop or Safari on my iPad the shoutbox doesn't show up at the bottom :/

I STILL WANT A THUMBS UP ICON!

Whilst I pledge allegiance to the site, by placing my hand on the book of Wardley, and give gracious thanks to the Mr Smiley icon - please allow me to express my deference to my fellow right honourable ladies and gentleman, with the universal forum "no offense intended" gesture.

I thank you.

*Thumbs up*
thumbs-up.png

If you get a thumbs up, I want a thumbs down. Just so I can post it after every time you use the thumbs up one...

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Scott said:
If you get a thumbs up, I want a thumbs down. Just so I can post it after every time you use the thumbs up one...

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I'm in! Make it so Mr Scotty!

TST is currently upon the second page of a google search, I find this great progress for a forum which has being operating under a year :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
Clicking some of the navigation links on the forum (like clicking to get back to the main page of the forum) causes this http://prntscr.com/w96eb

Joel was doing a lot of backstage tinkering last night, not sure if that's related but I'm sure he will get back to you on that one.

Dave said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
Clicking some of the navigation links on the forum (like clicking to get back to the main page of the forum) causes this http://prntscr.com/w96eb

Joel was doing a lot of backstage tinkering last night, not sure if that's related but I'm sure he will get back to you on that one.

Indeed the main forum page won't come up now, it comes up with the error

Yeah it's happened to me too, site seems fine just the forum.

I will bug Joel when he is next online

I hope... we've cracked the right settings now for the server and forum.

It was unfortunately throwing up internal server errors every 13 minutes (odd amount of time!) but I think that was due to memory running wild with some processes.

The monitoring of the server is ongoing (we have second by second anaylsis going on at the moment!) so hopefully we'll see no more hiccups :p

When clicking an Unsubscribe from Topic link in an email, this error occurs. Nothing major, I am sure, but it may be worth noting the desired location doesn't exist, or access isn't allowed!

26dbb357b4ee4f1f9349ac0.png

Really minor thing I've noticed since you 'upgraded' the site. When I click on my notifications it now hides half of the box behind the Smiler tab, making the pop-out box for viewing notifications useless.

Can anyone confirm if this just me or a settings issue? Screenshot below.

Untitled.jpg

hobohippie95 said:
Mine is working fine.

Thought so... I think I just need a new laptop. This thing has served me well but it does seem to be struggling with the basics at the moment!

I think part of the problem will be Internet Explorer, to be honest. That's not just me jumping on the bandwagon, it genuinely is a bit (a lot) rubbish. It doesn't follow the standards of web development properly, but relies on what Microsoft think the standards should be in a lot of cases.

Try Chrome or Firefox for a bit and see what you think?

:)

Novas said:
Really minor thing I've noticed since you 'upgraded' the site. When I click on my notifications it now hides half of the box behind the Smiler tab, making the pop-out box for viewing notifications useless.

Can anyone confirm if this just me or a settings issue? Screenshot below.

It's because you have 'compatability mode' enabled which isn't required for TowersStreet.

Turn it off by clicking the little blue broken page in the address bar.

clip_image002.jpg

You should see things pretty normally after turning this oh so wonderfully helpfully stupid Microsoft IE function off :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.