• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
You've obviously been checking before 11am :p the park open status is time-linked, and it looks as though something somewhere was adamant it didn't want to lose an hour in bed, so it thinks 10am (park opening) is 11am. Joel will be onto it later today :).

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Ahh! The last time I checked was when it was snowed! And then before 10am the following day! Silly park, it needs to learn to cope with BST like the rest of us!

For the last few days, the little counter at the top has read only:

CGM and 0 Guests are viewing this board / topic

At first I thought it was just unusually quiet but now I'm sure something's not right.

Not a major issue but I thought I should flag it up.

CGM said:

At first I thought it was just unusually quiet but now I'm sure something's not right.

I'm not certain but Joel has been switching things on and off over the last week or so to see what was causing server load and the various bits of down-time recently. It is likely something to do with that.

Will poke him and get him to check though.

I'm not sure having the 'theme park open/closed' thing linked to the exact time rather than the day is a good idea. I think most people would look at that and presume it means 'the park is open today, it's not closed season' rather than 'the park is literally open right now'. I just worry that some people might check the site in the morning before a visit and there could be a misunderstanding. :)

CGM said:

Yeah we have disabled visitor tracking to see what impact it has on the server and the load of the server.

We've kind of classed it into the "nice to know, but not really needed" category of information, so not really sure if it will return or not given the performance impact it has on the site (tracking every page each user is looking at!).

Sam said:
I'm not sure having the 'theme park open/closed' thing linked to the exact time rather than the day is a good idea. I think most people would look at that and presume it means 'the park is open today, it's not closed season' rather than 'the park is literally open right now'. I just worry that some people might check the site in the morning before a visit and there could be a misunderstanding. :)

It was updated a couple of weeks back to make it clearer it was relevant to the time of day, and now shows "... and will close/open at 5pm/10am today/tomorrow" at the end of the sentence.

I've got a home page review coming up soon so we'll be looking at everything on there and its relevance soon though :)

It's a bit pedantic, but just looking at that part of the page - surely saying "the 2013 season ends on .... in about n days time" is oxymoronic? Stating in "about" (as though a rough estimation) and then the exact number of days is a bit weird to me, should just be "the 2013 season ends on... in n days time." :)

Alastair said:
It's a bit pedantic, but just looking at that part of the page - surely saying "the 2013 season ends on .... in about n days time" is oxymoronic? Stating in "about" (as though a rough estimation) and then the exact number of days is a bit weird to me, should just be "the 2013 season ends on... in n days time." :)

It might appear oxymoronic, but it is stated as "about X days time" because the maths behind the calculations may be slightly out, depending on the time of day its viewed, and whether you include today, and just the day it closes or the day after it closes.

Therefore the "about" is appended as to illustrate that whilst the exact day [the park closes] is known, the day countdown may be imprecise -- but closer to the time it will no doubt be clarified and clearer in terms of the days!

When did the site get the nice fuzzy textured feel to it? *Knowing me its probably been there for ages but I have only just noticed

"Fuzzy textured feel" went live this evening, so well spotted! And it seems that even a bit of very late night/early morning mucking about on the main can't get past you lot - terrible :p. It's all work in progress at the moment, nothing set in stone!

Please don't panic, there is nothing wrong with your retina screens, eh? ;)

Yes, as for the floaty menu bar... it's a working test/prototype, so it won't be sticking around (literally) at this very moment, and will disappear once I'm tucked up in bed. :p

You'll have to wait to see what it might turn out to be of course :p

The 'fuzzy' feel is on the background, right? :p

Looking forward to see the other changes that will happen soon and, hopefully, the History section. ;)

Isn't the fuzzy background thing patented by crapple? You gon' get busted!

Looks good though, just waiting for the wide template to come back ;)

Dar said:
Isn't the fuzzy background thing patented by crapple? You gon' get busted!

Looks good though, just waiting for the wide template to come back ;)

I don't like the wide template. The forum looks so much neater and fresh when it looks like it currently does.

Don't change that. ;)

Please don't make the forum any wider than it currently is. I find forums that stretch all the way across the page to be almost unreadable.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.