• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just a quick suggestion about TST Chat. Could the header information for the page say TowersStreet.com Chat or something instead of 'Welcome to TowersStreet.com! Your guide to Alton Towers Resort! I sometimes find myself clicking the wrong tab ><

It's nowt important though and I'm probably the only one who gets that wrong!

mrbrightside said:
Just a quick suggestion about TST Chat. Could the header information for the page say TowersStreet.com Chat or something instead of 'Welcome to TowersStreet.com! Your guide to Alton Towers Resort! I sometimes find myself clicking the wrong tab ><

It's nowt important though and I'm probably the only one who gets that wrong!

Done for you :D

Can I ask why every conversation end up with the 'is it or is it not a resort?' discussion?

Great work on the site guys!

Take care of it or it'll end up like most of the stuff at Alton...

Longy said:
Can I ask why every conversation end up with the 'is it or is it not a resort?' discussion?

I have moved the resort debate to the general discussion forum, as it was clogging up this topic, and is an interesting topic all of its own.

mrbrightside said:
Thanks Joel! To be even more of a pain... could you do it on http://www.towersstreet.com/chat/chat.php too? :p

Done!

ryansstuff said:
Right when i hit the main site is is not floating in the middle like it does on chrome.
http://prntscr.com/b7e6c

But it does work on the forums and chat. Just main site and news that align to the left.

Using IE9.

Click compatibility view button on your toolbar and it'll be fine. No idea why, but the website isn't finalised anyway yet and still needs a lot of work.

ie8_compatibility.jpg

Jem8472 said:
On odd occasions I get this screen come up when I click the TS link on my bookmark bar, just wondering if its happening to anyone else or just me.

After a couple more clicks it takes me to the site. I am using Google Chrome.

http://prntscr.com/b59d8

As Chrome says - its an unknown error, so I have no idea what could be causing it. I've had a look at the obvious things on our end to see if there is anything that could be causing a problem, but I've not found anything as of yet.

After some Googling it would suggest a local issue with either your computer or ISP :(

Sorry, browsing on my phone so can't trawl through all the pages to check if this has been mentioned; I just thought you might want to adapt that nice 'Latest Forum Posts' or (whatever it's called) on the homepage to exclude Courtyard Tavern posts. I personally found it quite amusing to see 'The All New BOOB Topic', '101 Uses For A Condom' etc. on it but I'm not sure it sends a great message out ;)

NastyPasty said:
Sorry, browsing on my phone so can't trawl through all the pages to check if this has been mentioned; I just thought you might want to adapt that nice 'Latest Forum Posts' or (whatever it's called) on the homepage to exclude Courtyard Tavern posts. I personally found it quite amusing to see 'The All New BOOB Topic', '101 Uses For A Condom' etc. on it but I'm not sure it sends a great message out ;)

The Courtyard Tavern is hidden to guests (both on the forums and homepage), so any topics in the Tavern will not show on the homepage unless you're a member on the forums and signed into your account. :)

Could you extend the space for each post title so it goes all the way to 'Quote' before using the next line?

da57ef1c9f514f329aff452.png

Dunno what browser you use but on Chrome I don't get that problem:

365a9dc9e2af47a9b5361a1.png

I am on the latest version of Firefox. Also happening on the following thread

d8f74a8444a841baa2cc553.png

That's so weird, I have Firefox 13.0.1 and it doesn't do it on the Cable-car thread but it does on Boris Island one (Google Chrome does too). How bizarre that it seems to effect different threads in different ways to different people...

Joel said:
Jem8472 said:
On odd occasions I get this screen come up when I click the TS link on my bookmark bar, just wondering if its happening to anyone else or just me.

After a couple more clicks it takes me to the site. I am using Google Chrome.

http://prntscr.com/b59d8

As Chrome says - its an unknown error, so I have no idea what could be causing it. I've had a look at the obvious things on our end to see if there is anything that could be causing a problem, but I've not found anything as of yet.

After some Googling it would suggest a local issue with either your computer or ISP :(
I think it's this. It used to happen to me from time to time on the old site, normally around the same time, actually, but it was fairly rare. Not happened here yet though.

We have an 'I feel happy' thread AND an 'I feel sad' thread... But would it make more sense for the two to be combined into some form of 'How do you feel right now?' thread to cover all bases?

mrbrightside said:
We have an 'I feel happy' thread AND an 'I feel sad' thread... But would it make more sense for the two to be combined into some form of 'How do you feel right now?' thread to cover all bases?

I don't think so, a lot of people use those topics separately and the mood in each is very different. It almost seems a bit rude to post underneath somebody's heartfelt plea for help with the news of your new puppy.

Harvey said:
mrbrightside said:

I don't think so, a lot of people use those topics separately and the mood in each is very different. It almost seems a bit rude to post underneath somebody's heartfelt plea for help with the news of your new puppy.

Exactly why I created both topics instead of just the one, probably the worst thing to hear if you're seriously depressed would be someone else saying how incredibly happy their life is directly after their post.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.