• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are the festive homepages going to make a return?
They were very good!

And the April Fools jokes...

Festive? Getting into the festive spirit a bit early aren't you? Not even the supermarkets are stocking Christmas tat yet! :p

We'll no doubt be looking into ways to style the site for different occasions once we have our main site online (Progress is coming along, rest assured!)

Hey Longy,

This issue should be fixed for you now. It was related unfortunately to an issue we were having with our DNS software on our server.

Joel

Joel said:
Hey Longy,

This issue should be fixed for you now. It was related unfortunately to an issue we were having with our DNS software on our server.

Joel

Yeah, cheers! :)

Great work fixing everything as well!
It must be a tough job...

Not sure whether this is just me, but has the forum just got wider on screen for anyone? There also seems to be some kind of footer at the bottom preventing me from clicking in the shoutbox on the talk index, and from clicking quick reply on the forum page. A few changes gone wrong?

the wiki, can bog standard forum members edit it, or is it just the admins?

I tried logging in and it wont allow it.

It should be able to be edited by everyone as far as I know?

Does it just not allow you to sign in, or doesn't allow you to edit a page?

Send me details of any error messages shown etc and I'll take a look for you :)

Yeah I've had this problem for a while now too. I was just informed since it was early on that it was admin only. My error message is;

"Internal error
Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information."

Possibly wrong place to post but I'm wondering if anyone else gets the message. I've tried it on the latest versions of Firefox and Safari.

Thanks as always for your help.

FastJet

Thought...

The weekly roundups? Love them... How about making them available as an email newsletter that could be sent out to anyone who wishes to subscribe?

We had a long discussion regarding a newsletter a while ago. Back when the idea was first thought up of introducing a weekly round up. We decided against it, mainly due to worries over there not being enough interest to warrant us creating a newsletter each week when the website shows the same content. Although it could still be an idea we review at some point in the future. :)

Not to be pushy, but any chance of keeping the Progress Log updated? I love seeing a record of all the improvements on the site, but it seems a lot's changed recently without getting logged? :)

thats because nothing has been done!

HAHA! I joke, I'll look now Sam.

It's great to see everything coming on leaps and bounds here :) And thanks Ben for updating the log :)

I'm assuming that the largest part of the site in development here is the content being written, but will we be seeing the content released to the site in stages, or will there be a wait now until most things are written and there is a big "launch" as such?

Only that it would be really cool if there could be a release as soon as a section is ready, so we could potentially see the attraction pages online without the wait on the F&B pages being written. It would really stir up some more momentum and would mean you could get feedback on individual aspects of the site sooner rather than later :)

Joel, im getting the same as Stelios

"Internal error
Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information."

Jordan said:
It's great to see everything coming on leaps and bounds here :) And thanks Ben for updating the log :)

I'm assuming that the largest part of the site in development here is the content being written, but will we be seeing the content released to the site in stages, or will there be a wait now until most things are written and there is a big "launch" as such?

Only that it would be really cool if there could be a release as soon as a section is ready, so we could potentially see the attraction pages online without the wait on the F&B pages being written. It would really stir up some more momentum and would mean you could get feedback on individual aspects of the site sooner rather than later :)

Content is the main development we are waiting on to get the site going but it isn't the only thing. Another primary feature was getting the logo vote done so it could all launch with a logo in place.

Obviously we wont launch with every feature active and there are grand plans for future developments but we should like to have the standard expectations of a fan site met early on.

Joel will i am sure give a better answer than me :)

delta79 said:
Joel, im getting the same as Stelios

"Internal error

As am I. Using Chrome and occasionally the dreaded IE on my stubborn granfather's PC. It warns to turn cookies off but I'm not convinced that this is the problem as I don't remember ever turning mine on? I have a very limited knowledge of what they actually are.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.