• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I probably loaded the christmas smilies on the wrong way round, I'll add it to my fix list for when I finish Uni this week :p

It seems that the embedding limit is getting hit rather quickly in the music topics....can we have the limit up please? Thank you :)

I'm mostly use my iPhone to browse TST however find it incredibly hard to change pages on topics! I'm to much of a cheapskate to buy tap talk or whatever it's called, do is there any chance of a next page button to save me from having to zoom in and click the wrong button 100 times?

Try adding /?wap2 to the end of towersstreet.com/talk. It's pretty low tech and there's no shoutbox and you can't thank posts, but it makes browsing easier!

I don't know if it's just me, but when I click on spoiler tags they don't seem to be opening? I've never had this problem before, but I've tried to open a few today and none of them work.

:)

Changed a quick setting with our CDN network, does it work now? :D

Rob said:
I don't know if it's just me, but when I click on spoiler tags they don't seem to be opening? I've never had this problem before, but I've tried to open a few today and none of them work.

:)

Same for me, none have worked that I've tried today.

aea88ef0667d48599606bfa.png

This is happening across all pages.

Yeah, we're trying to fix and sort some bits - as thanks are broken at the moment! :(

Debug mode is off and stylesheet fixed, should be all back to normal now! :D

What's happening with the theme of the site at the moment? On my friends PC the site is back to it's 'generic' theme yet on mine the New Year/Christmas theme is still there.

Everyone should see the generic theme again, but it appears not everyone does. Grrrrr!

I think it's because the CDN behind the site (Content Delivery Network) is hard at work caching things for people to reduce strain on the server.

Except in this case it's doing it rather too well. All I can suggest is refreshing your page by pressing (usually on Windows) CTRL and F5 a few times, and you should see the correct version.

Failing that it will eventually catch up anyway... its all down to whenever your browser decides to let go of those old files ;)

If I understand correctly how TS is cached, with the CDN sitting in front of the entire site and caching entire pages, then if the old theme is being cached, you'd be seeing an out of date version of the site?

No, as I believe it only caches and overrides the TTL of the objects of the page (e.g. CSS, Images, JavaScript etc) rather than the actual HTML.

So with the adjusted TTL being given by the CDN, browsers would be holding onto those resources longer, despite my attempts to thwart caches with query strings etc (although the CDN was set to aggressive caching and ignoring query strings).

I've tried to tweak the CDN settings so they aren't so aggressive now anyway.

A little bit nerdy, not really necessarily and quite picky, but why does the Google search say this? "Alton Towers Hotel ». Everything is OK Last Updated @ 11th Aug 2012. red, Splash Landings Hotel ». Splash Landings is currently sleeping for the low season.."

stigzy said:
A little bit nerdy, not really necessarily and quite picky, but why does the Google search say this? "Alton Towers Hotel ». Everything is OK Last Updated @ 11th Aug 2012. red, Splash Landings Hotel ». Splash Landings is currently sleeping for the low season.."

That's part of the content on the Resort Status sidebar on the right hand side of the TS homepage. If you click on the hotel/themepark/waterpark it gives you more information on whether the attraction is open or closed :).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.