• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Team Q&A - Thursday 10th October @ 8pm

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
Hello folks,

Waaaaaaaaaaay back (yeah it feels a long time ago) when we set up the site we made a promise to be different and to listen, respond and engage our community as much as humanely possible. We formed the idea of the TowersStreet Q&A's as a chance for you to offer feedback, ask questions and generally chat to us about what's going on live in our chat room.

We've had two of these events previously, and with winter and closed season steaming up ahead and perhaps a slightly slower summer from us as a team, we thought now would be a great time to get some ideas, thoughts and feedback from you guys!

You can see the previous Q&A sessions for an idea at http://www.towersstreet.com/about/team-qa-sessions/

We'll be holding the next Team Q&A session on Thursday 10th October at 8pm (doors open from 7:30pm) in our online chat room.

We'll have as many team members available as possible, although I will be there as chair for the session. The sessions usually go on for a couple of hours, however you do not need to stay for the whole evening if you do not wish :D

We always aim to post a transcript of the session online for those that are not available, and once again we're also asking for you to post any questions in advance and we'll attempt to answer them on the evening if you can not make the chat session.

You can post your questions in advance here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18r5WsZxl55ZysYIqhsXHw0KxNAshtelYDREnGJMuws4/viewform

Your questions or feedback can be pretty much anything you'd like (for those of you perhaps familiar with reddit, think of it as a AMA...!), however if you know you have a perhaps lengthier question or something that requires research, you can also post it to us in advance or we may have to get back to you on the evening if you ask on Thursday.

We look forward to seeing you for our next session, and look forward to reading your comments and questions as ever!

Thanks all! :D

I was beginning to wonder when the next one was going to happen actually, so it's good to see that another Q&A will take place. I certainly plan to be around! :)

Ill be a little late to the party joining around 8:30

Dam, missed it, was hoping to be on for this. When will the 'minutes' be up?

Thanks to everyone who took part last night! A very productive evening, and certainly lots of ideas for the team to chew over.

The minutes will hopefully be available shortly. We're going through and organising them as we speak.

Once again, a massive thank you :D

Something I wanted to add, but didn't remember until just. Do we still have a meetup planning site of some kind? This might have been a old TT thing, but sure you guys were working on a live chat and planning page just for meetups. Is this still likely to be something the team will make/use?

BigDave said:
Something I wanted to add, but didn't remember until just. Do we still have a meetup planning site of some kind? This might have been a old TT thing, but sure you guys were working on a live chat and planning page just for meetups. Is this still likely to be something the team will make/use?

This was kinda skirted around on the below answer:

Can meets be more organised? Some people feel they miss out on rides, but worry they wont get back with the group.
Team: Its something we are willing to look at, but we don’t have itineraries of ‘do ride a now, then ride b etc’ it would more be ‘ok we can be in place X at this time’ for those who want to re-join us.
Our meets have always allowed people to come and go as they please, so if you want an hour with us then pop off and do rides go ahead! We want you to have as much fun as we do and enjoy your day out.
We could look at a twitter, facebook or other way of communicating our whereabouts though.

I think it's something we'll likely address in the questionnaire to see what people want to see, that should be online in the next couple of weeks :).

Re: TowersStreet Team Q&A - Thursday 10th October @ 8pm

Cannot use thanks button on mobile soooo... Cheers Craig :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Joelio said:
Seems my suggestion was completely omitted from the writeup of the Q&A.

Suggestion? What was it again Joelio? Unfortunately I didn't transcript the logs into the page, but it has probably been accidentally missed at a guess.

(Edit after trawling through the logs)...Was it about blogs Joelio? I'll add it to the Q&A now, along with a proper response to the question also :D

Apologies Joelio, that was my mistake.

I didnt intentionally leave any questions out, but as Im sure you can imagine trawling through 2 hours of conversations between multiple people means I might have missed the odd one.

Sorry again!