• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Traveller Day Scarefest 2023

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

MimmyV

TS Member
Hey,

Does anybody know the traveller day during scarefest this year? I know it’s typically the 1st Sunday of scarefest but seems that hasn’t always been consistent the past few years.

Thanks!

Screenshot_2023-08-27-12-40-57-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
I believe this date at uttoxer racecourse has something to do with it, just bare in mind I think the discussion of travellers got banned on here last year but I think it's fair to atleast let people know what date it's likely to fall on so if it's something they wish to avoid then they can.

I believe this date at uttoxer racecourse has something to do with it, just bare in mind I think the discussion of travellers got banned on here last year but I think it's fair to atleast let people know what date it's likely to fall on so if it's something they wish to avoid then they can.
Imagine replacing the word 'travellers' in this post with 'Jews' or 'Black people'.

I'd just avoid the first 2 or 3 Sundays if at all possible. I got some nasty homophobic abuse throughout the day (Was sporting pride clothing and a rainbow sticker on my water bottle), queue jumping was crazy and a lot of smoking in queues. Shame as I enjoyed my time doing the night rides once the park had calmed down a bit, but the whole day was overshadowed by the abuse I personally suffered sadly.

EDIT: I fully understand the park are put in a tough position on this as they can't discriminate those coming into the park based on ethnicity etc. The staff working those days deserve at least double pay for all the abuse and crap they have to deal with for a long day.

This topic has been discussed to death over the past however many years so any questions are almost certain to have already been answered. As such, we as a team have decided to not allow any further discussion going forward. Thanks for your understanding.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.