• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Do all the rooms at Europa come with bunk beds? Some seem to not given the photos. However I don't want to choose a room without them (I don't like the idea of bunk beds in my room) only to find out I should have gone with another room as they have bunk beds anyway.

Maybe there is someone who does good room tours on YouTube (preferably in English, but can always do subtitles too)? Anything anyone can recommend.
Some of the rooms in Kronasar have 2 double beds, and the rooms are massive! Can't comment on the other hotels, though I believe you can email to request a certain room, so perhaps try that. :)

...as does El Andaluz.

I'm not sure how the process for requesting specific types of rooms work though

Do all the rooms at Europa come with bunk beds? Some seem to not given the photos. However I don't want to choose a room without them (I don't like the idea of bunk beds in my room) only to find out I should have gone with another room as they have bunk beds anyway.

Maybe there is someone who does good room tours on YouTube (preferably in English, but can always do subtitles too)? Anything anyone can recommend.

No. Although it varies by hotel. If you want a specific type of room, I suggest you book - and then email them with your reservation number to ensure that you get the configuration you wish.

I'm heading back to Europa Park in May and taking my dad (it's really a stop off whilst traveling to France). Does anyone know of any good quality 2 room apartments in Rust? I don't mind if it is a bedroom and sofa bed in a lounge (or similar).

I did look at staying on-site, but even for off season I was shocked at the cost.

I'm heading back to Europa Park in May and taking my dad (it's really a stop off whilst traveling to France). Does anyone know of any good quality 2 room apartments in Rust? I don't mind if it is a bedroom and sofa bed in a lounge (or similar).

I did look at staying on-site, but even for off season I was shocked at the cost.
To be fair, the vast majority of apartments in Rust are absolutely fine. I've stayed in 5 different places now and never had an issue, and I've only heard of one group having a problem before, but that was due to a double booking.

Recently I have stayed in FeWo Strauch (double and a bunk in one living area) which was very inexpensive and pleasant enough, as well as being conveniently located just round the back of Bell Rock, so not far to walk after having drinks/food in the resort hotels!

:)

On my last visit we stayed at A & J Ferienwohnung Hirsch (off booking.com) in their basement apartment. It had a double and single in the bedroom and a double in the lounge. Decent and cheap (although had a bit of a faff initially gaining access) but would stay there again.

There is a distinct shortage of apartments in Rust with two separate bedrooms with double beds. You’ll find a lot with a single or bunks, but very few with two double doors bed rooms. We would recommend Fewo Petra and Fewo Punkt, however they are very often booked up. As are most of this type of accommodation in Rust.

The best tip is to book early.

My sister and I are staying at Hotel Colosseo and we have a standard plus room booked. Do any of you have any room requests that we should make for where our room is located? It is our first trip! :)

Do the plus rooms face into the Piazza? If so I’d go for a high floor near the lobby - that way you’ll have a nice view across to the section of the Colosseum and Bell Rock beyond. If it’s not a Piazza view I’d also go for high floor near the lobby, as you should get a view of the other hotels with the park beyond.

My sister and I are staying at Hotel Colosseo and we have a standard plus room booked. Do any of you have any room requests that we should make for where our room is located? It is our first trip! :)
If you can request a couple (2) of floors below the bar facing the Piazza.

That's the best view

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do the plus rooms face into the Piazza? If so I’d go for a high floor near the lobby - that way you’ll have a nice view across to the section of the Colosseum and Bell Rock beyond. If it’s not a Piazza view I’d also go for high floor near the lobby, as you should get a view of the other hotels with the park beyond.

I'd ask for a piazza view. There's no guarantee they'll give you one but it's worth a shot.

If you can request a couple (2) of floors below the bar facing the Piazza.

That's the best view

Thanks Everyone! I'm going to email the hotel now with these suggestions!! I'm so excited for my first trip to Europa Park!!!

What's the best way to get a seat at the hotel restaurants as a non hotel guest? Last year I waited half an hour for the pizza restaurant sat by the kids play area waiting to be called. It put a bit of a dampener on the evening as you couldn't leave to get a drink as if you're gone when you're called you lose the table. Is there a way to avoid this system or does anyone know if the queue dies down significantly later in the evening for the pizza place in Colosseo? Many thanks!

The pizza restaurant is not reservable so you'll have to wait at busier times - hotel guest or not.

All others are bookable irrespective of whether you're staying on resort.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on or not but I was wondering if someone could help me with a query.

My family and I are visiting Europa Park for the first time in June and was wondering what is the most common way people spend money while there? Usually when we go away we take some cash in the local currency and then use our fee free credit card for everything else rather than being left with currency after the holiday. However, someone mentioned to me the other day that we might struggle to use our credit card in smaller towns in europe which I guess Rust is one of them (we have not actually had a family holiday in europe yet, its always been further afield)

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to Towers/Europa Street!

You may find that some of the shops/bakeries/restaurants in Rust won't accept card, but everywhere inside the park and resort does! I've never had an issue. If paying for accommodation on arrival, you are likely to need cash for this unless you are staying in a resort hotel.

:)