Trip Planning: Information, advice and questions!

Discussion in 'Europa-Park Trip Plans and Reports' started by AstroDan, 23rd Apr 2015.

1. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed
    Some of the rooms in Kronasar have 2 double beds, and the rooms are massive! Can't comment on the other hotels, though I believe you can email to request a certain room, so perhaps try that. :)

Lurker likes this.
  2. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

Colosseo certainly has some bunk bed free rooms.

Lurker likes this.
  3. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    ...as does El Andaluz.

I'm not sure how the process for requesting specific types of rooms work though

Lurker likes this.
  4. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    No. Although it varies by hotel. If you want a specific type of room, I suggest you book - and then email them with your reservation number to ensure that you get the configuration you wish.

Lurker likes this.
  5. ScottishChris

ScottishChris TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Legend
    I'm heading back to Europa Park in May and taking my dad (it's really a stop off whilst traveling to France). Does anyone know of any good quality 2 room apartments in Rust? I don't mind if it is a bedroom and sofa bed in a lounge (or similar).

I did look at staying on-site, but even for off season I was shocked at the cost.

6. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed
    To be fair, the vast majority of apartments in Rust are absolutely fine. I've stayed in 5 different places now and never had an issue, and I've only heard of one group having a problem before, but that was due to a double booking.

Recently I have stayed in FeWo Strauch (double and a bunk in one living area) which was very inexpensive and pleasant enough, as well as being conveniently located just round the back of Bell Rock, so not far to walk after having drinks/food in the resort hotels!

:)

ScottishChris likes this.
  7. ScottishChris

ScottishChris TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Legend
  8. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

On my last visit we stayed at A & J Ferienwohnung Hirsch (off booking.com) in their basement apartment. It had a double and single in the bedroom and a double in the lounge. Decent and cheap (although had a bit of a faff initially gaining access) but would stay there again.

9. venny

There is a distinct shortage of apartments in Rust with two separate bedrooms with double beds. You’ll find a lot with a single or bunks, but very few with two double doors bed rooms. We would recommend Fewo Petra and Fewo Punkt, however they are very often booked up. As are most of this type of accommodation in Rust.

The best tip is to book early.

10. Tink242424

Tink242424 TowersStreet Member

My sister and I are staying at Hotel Colosseo and we have a standard plus room booked. Do any of you have any room requests that we should make for where our room is located? It is our first trip! :)

11. venny

Do the plus rooms face into the Piazza? If so I’d go for a high floor near the lobby - that way you’ll have a nice view across to the section of the Colosseum and Bell Rock beyond. If it’s not a Piazza view I’d also go for high floor near the lobby, as you should get a view of the other hotels with the park beyond.

Tink242424 likes this.
  12. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    I'd ask for a piazza view. There's no guarantee they'll give you one but it's worth a shot.

Tink242424 likes this.
  13. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    If you can request a couple (2) of floors below the bar facing the Piazza.

That's the best view

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tink242424 likes this.
  14. Tink242424

Tink242424 TowersStreet Member

Thanks Everyone! I'm going to email the hotel now with these suggestions!! I'm so excited for my first trip to Europa Park!!!

15. EuropaDave

EuropaDave TowersStreet Member

Let us know how you get on. We booked a Piazza facing room (in 2015) for 20 euros extra, that was in peak summer though.

16. Plastic Person

Plastic Person TowersStreet Member

Incientally, a piazza facing room at Colloseo is also a pizza facing room, so don't worry if you misspell anything on your request form.

Tink242424, Sam, Jonathan and 2 others like this.
  17. ben199

ben199 TowersStreet Member

What's the best way to get a seat at the hotel restaurants as a non hotel guest? Last year I waited half an hour for the pizza restaurant sat by the kids play area waiting to be called. It put a bit of a dampener on the evening as you couldn't leave to get a drink as if you're gone when you're called you lose the table. Is there a way to avoid this system or does anyone know if the queue dies down significantly later in the evening for the pizza place in Colosseo? Many thanks!

18. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    The pizza restaurant is not reservable so you'll have to wait at busier times - hotel guest or not.

All others are bookable irrespective of whether you're staying on resort.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ben199 likes this.