Trip Planning: Information, advice and questions!

Discussion in 'Europa-Park Trip Plans and Reports' started by AstroDan, 23rd Apr 2015.

1. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Apologies for the double post, but I have booked this room now - 3 nights in an economy room at Bell Rock for 2 people €400, it seemed like too good a deal to pass up as it’s cheaper than we paid for the Alcazar this year at what is a better hotel.

It’s not until winter 2019 which I know is a ridiculously long time away but we have been in summer season twice now and really want to give Christmas a try! Fingers crossed the waterpark is open then too, will just have to wait and see.

Yet another added service Europa seem to offer is the ability to choose which exact room you want to stay in when you are a hotel friends member which is nice. Doesn’t overly matter but it’s all the small things like this that make Europa amazing :)

2. Graeme

Graeme TowersStreet Member

Christmas at the park is a whole different experience, especially in the hotels, they are decorated beautifully!

The hotel friends system is quite good, I always choose the same room and always seem to get it. Halloween should be your next trip after your Christmas one, its a fab time to go!

AT86 likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    I haven’t visited at Christmas but my parents have and they absolutely loved it.

Question:
    We’ll be setting off in just over a weeks time and I’m curios to know what this year’s shows are like? We are definitely going to see the Spanish show and probebly the ice show (because who doesn’t like Paddington) but I don’t know much about the others.

The Rulantica musical is a real question mark. I’d love to do it because me and my girlfriend love musicals. But we are traveling with 4 others who’s first trip it is and none of us speak fluent German.

4. Graeme

Graeme TowersStreet Member

Rulantica the musical was very good in my opinion.

Only issue was looking at the screens either side of the stage to work out what was going on. Gives a nice little back story to the new waterpark.

I'd happily go and see it again, worth a watch.

AstroDan and Tim like this.
  5. John_P

John_P TowersStreet Member

I'm visiting europa park finally at the end of October (was initially going in August).

Will any rides be closed at this time of the year?

Also what's the Halloween offering like? I've seen the photos of all the pumpkins everywhere and Eurosat with the giant pumpkin covering so themeing wise I know it looks good.

6. Ramius

Ramius TowersStreet Member

No rides are closed.

John_P likes this.
  7. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    The park is heavily decorated for Halloween however the main event, Horror Nights - Traumatica, requires a seperate ticket and is its own mini park as you like. You can see more here and here.

:)

John_P likes this.
  8. monkeyboy

monkeyboy TowersStreet Member

Does Phantasialand do Halloween?struggling to find any info

9. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    El Toro, SFGA
    No. Nothing whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10. KingNemesis

KingNemesis TowersStreet Member

Should hopefully be a quick one but... What is the locker situation like at EP? Visited earlier in the year and can't remember seeing lockers?

The reason I ask is that we are visiting for Traumatica and our apartment's check in is from 5pm and we are getting there earlier so in the eventuality that we can't leave our bags there I was wondering:

A) How easy would it be getting a suitcase through the baggage check

B) Are there lockers at Europa Park that are big enough for a carry on size suitcase

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11. Robert Jones

Robert Jones TowersStreet Member

They have a fairly limited amount, so if you are arriving later in the day they might not be available. Luggage is listed on the prohibited list of items on the website for EP, so I'd suspect you'd get a bit of hassle for anything bigger than a rucksack. With that in mind I'd contact the apartment to see if they have storage, it seems the less stressful route :)

If you do want to confirm the park are usually quick to respond to emails - [email protected]

KingNemesis likes this.
  12. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    El Toro, SFGA
    EP do have large lockers for storage at the park entrance (just inside the park on the left) - prices are a few Euros. I am unsure how it works now though - since the security was added.

KingNemesis likes this.
  13. KingNemesis

KingNemesis TowersStreet Member

Thanks both! It seems like the apartment may be able to sort us out however I know with most of the apartments they are very self-sustained and often have no one on site. I'll get in touch with Europa Park and see what options they have and then work out what is best closer to the time.

Robert Jones likes this.
  14. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

So here’s a question I’ve had for a while. We’ve been to EP a fair few times and never truly worked it out.

I know quite a few people bring picnics and that’s fine. What we found surprising was along with the food, people had brought bottles of beer and wine. In fact we sat next to one lady on a recliner in the Enchanted Forest swigging an entire bottle to herself!

I’ve checked the park conditions and can’t find specific mention of any restriction, but at the same time bringing a pack of beer into the park just seems an alien concept.

So, can you legitimately bring alcohol into the park? And if so, what?

15. John_P

John_P TowersStreet Member

I still haven't got over EP (and Phantasialand) having people in the park who've brought their dogs with them. (Actual pet dogs, not guide dogs)

16. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    El Toro, SFGA
    Yes.

It is pretty anti the French culture, certainly, to restrict this.

Alcohol is available at dozens of outlets in the park and is freely consumed. Bringing a picnic? Sure, you'll need a bottle of wine.

:)

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  17. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix
    *something about "WINE not"*