• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip report support

Hi guys,

I wrote a trip report for my Alton Towers trip back in October. Writing blogs is not really my thing but I love creating videos. Im wanting to build up my you tube channel and have had a bit of success so far.

I’m playing around with editing styles and was wondering if you guys wouldn’t mind giving me some feedback on what you prefer? I’m really happy to have honest feedback as the edited version took a long time but if people prefer traditional vlogs then there’s no point putting in the extra effort.

I’ve created an edited version of my 2 days at Alton Towers. It’s the first scripted one I’ve done so forgive my voice, I’m hoping to get better with time lol

I’m really excited for next year. Social media/technology isn’t my strong point so I’m just trying to navigate my way through. Have only just heard about discord so I’ll look in to joining that so I can interact a little more with the site ☺️. I’m also hoping to join some meets next year!

Thank you so much for any support or time anyone is willing to give.

Rach

Got to be honest, these kinds of things aren't my personal cup of tea and I'm completely out of tune with what people want in this regard. So I'm not qualified to comment other than to say that your production quality looks decent compared to other stuff that is out there, and I don't understand why you've asked the viewer to guess where you are going whilst displaying the location of Alton Towers on the screen in front of them?

But with over 500 subscribers, you clearly have had some success and I think anyone who works hard and acheives something like that deserves credit. This is clearly important to you and your content comes across as something you care about as opposed the some of the cringe worthy egotistical stuff that is commonplace from some of the other creators. So I wanted to say well done, you come across well personally and appear to have a good attitude.

Got to be honest, these kinds of things aren't my personal cup of tea and I'm completely out of tune with what people want in this regard. So I'm not qualified to comment other than to say that your production quality looks decent compared to other stuff that is out there, and I don't understand why you've asked the viewer to guess where you are going whilst displaying the location of Alton Towers on the screen in front of them?

But with over 500 subscribers, you clearly have had some success and I think anyone who works hard and acheives something like that deserves credit. This is clearly important to you and your content comes across as something you care about as opposed the some of the cringe worthy egotistical stuff that is commonplace from some of the other creators. So I wanted to say well done, you come across well personally and appear to have a good attitude.
I know - it was an over sight on my part at the very beginning with the Alton Towers thing. It’s the first one I’ve done and my editing skills are really not that great ha! I put my head in my hands when I watched it through but didn’t want to try and move everything around in the software so I left it as is and took it as a learning experience. Honestly thank you so so much for the feedback. I really appreciate the time you’ve given me.

Yes, I’ve always loved being creative. I work at home with my husband supporting his company (I originally trained as a scientist), but do you know when you feel like you’ve lost a bit of your own identity as a result?

I wanted to build something that was for me and using my skills, but want to do it in a way that helps people learn and/or make decisions about different places they may be interested in (if that makes sense).

Honestly thank you so much once again!