• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tripsdrill: General Discussion

Boobs tbh.

Karacho was great fun, surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Mammut wasn't the best, albeit I preferred it on the front row compared to the best.

Also the tilting drop tower was bizarre, rough and terrifying.
I'm sure I still remember all the screaming on that tilting drop tower back when we did Junket in 2014. :p

The drop tower thing is even worse than I remember it

Had a nice trip to Tripsdrill last week, having only visited in 2014. It was nice to see Karacho finished, as when we visited it was very much a concrete building surrounded by baron wasteland. It’s now very nice and you wouldn’t think it’s the same station or area really.

luckily the park wasn’t busy when we were there so did everything a few times. I really enjoyed the new suspended Vekoma Coaster, nothing like their old crap coasters and the restraints are so much better. I’m sure the ride will be even better when finished as it’s literally just in a concrete station with no roof and a stone path. The concept looks good with the other coaster crashing through the roof and stuff. I’m sure then it will also have a soundtrack and some theming.

the boomerang coaster was fine, however I just find these coasters a bit boring, none of the ones I have been on offer much, I did like however that it was different to the others in that you didn’t just have the end of the track next to the lift hill like The ones at Drayton and phantasiland. Also good to just hear the track end rather than the big stopper things they usually have on them.

It will be nice to see the area when it’s all themed and finished, and then I do wonder what the next ride will be. It certainly seems they have a lot of space to expand if they really want to. The park really does have a nice German family run park charm to it, and nothing corporate about it at all. Plus the only park of the trip with free parking and a free wine glass!

Anyone done Tripsdrill by public transport before? Looks pretty complicated tbh. Looking at tagging it on to a Europa Trip.

I've done Tripsdrill on public transport as a day out from Rust. It wasn't cheap, but I enjoyed it. As you say, it's a bit complicated. Luckily all the trains and buses ran to time, so it all went like clockwork. However, I have had quite a few other bad experiences on the German railways. They're not as always as efficient as you might imagine.

The bus there dropped me off at the main gate. The bus back went from a road behind the park. Basically the last bus from the park's entrance left a while before the park closed. I wanted to get a full day having come so far and spent all that money. When I spoke to the lady at guest service she explained that there was a later bus from the road at the back of the park. They let me go through the staff entrance, which takes you pretty much directly to the other bus stop. The staff entrance is just next to guest services.

If you want an easier park to get to on public transport, there is Steinwasen Park. It doesn't have the notable coasters that Tripsrill has and it is a smaller park, but it's got a really fun atmosphere and being almost entirely on the side of a mountain gives it an unusual feel.

If you want to bolt on any of the local, smaller parks to Europa-Park, just hire a car.

The rail and bus networks will mean you spend hours getting to them.

The buses from Tripsdrill don't run throughout the day either so you would need to set off very early in the morning and you'd likely get back to Europa late in the evening.

In my opinion you're better off staying in Stuttgart for a night and do Tripsdrill the next day. It's really easy as all you need to do is get the S-Bahn (route 5) to the last Northern stop and then the aforementioned bus :)

If you are trekking out to Tripsdrill it can be well worth staying over. They have some great waggon accommodation and you have the second gate animal park as well.

Car hire is coming in pretty expensive at the moment for some reason so would rather avoid that tbh. Was planning on doing a cheapish trip flying to Baden and back for £20 and train to Europa. Probably a bit too ambitious trying to do it all on the trains.

Another option would be to fly back from Stuttgart via Tripsdrill though. Got a week off work so no time constraints.

When we did it we were staying at Stuttgart, having just been to Europa the day before. Very easy to get to by public transport from there. Although this was 8 years ago so I can't remember all the details.