• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tripsdrill: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
Trips 'n' Pics have Tripsdrill listed for a Gerstlauer launch coaster in 2013.

According to Ethan on CF, it'll be a clone of Anubis.

There's also rumours over on CF that Mammut was designed with this coaster in mind, and the two will intertwine. Confusing...

One thing's for sure: Tripsdrill love their Gerstlauer!

7n8k0023ea892n0obcigga.jpg

Anubis.

Re: Tripsdrill 2013: Gerstlauer launch (Anubis clone?)

The two will intertwine. I'll show the photos later when I'm not at work.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

The world needs more Gerstlauer launches... Especially if they're Anubis clones...

I am getting sick of clones.

That said, Anubis is held in very high regard so a trip to Tripsdrill, in conjunction with EP next year, is a must now!

:)

The coaster might not be a clone, but when I was there in 2010, the plan was a coaster very similar to Anubis, so they might have now settled on a layout.

I was told that the coaster would weave in and out from beneath the wooden coaster Mammut, and when they built the ride, the pits were cemented in and supports designed to fit around the ride.

Here's a couple of pics to show you what I mean.

ea03833da53645818bfbba7.png

04c131644d1f46ce87f9f20.png

Well after a last minute moment of madness I found myself at Tripsdrill yesterday (after already being at Europa Park the previous 3 days). I've got some more pictures like the ones Jared has posted but not much news...

However I have noticed something very important about this park. Everything about it is German, including the rides. I haven't every ride out but the headline attractions were created by Ing.-Büro Stengel, Gerstlauer, Zierer, Hafema and Mack; all German companies. This explains the choice of ride and also suggests that Gerstlauer built it while planning there next ride for the park.

PS. I'll do a trip report soon, for now I'll just say it's such a charming park, worth it even without the big rides.

Tripsdrill does look very charming and next time I am at Europa in a car, I plan on going.

How is their woodie?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

AstroDan said:
How is their woodie?

It's good but bear in mind it is only my 3rd modern wooden coaster so I don't have much to compare it to. The pre-show is excellent; think Blue Fire's but with a sawmill rather than an Icelandic fuel base.

For the moment the best I can say is that It's not as good as Wodan but does compare favourably given that I rode Wodan at 4 o'clock on Saturday and Mammut at about 11 the next morning. However I'm still trying to work out what I think about wooden coasters in general so can’t really compare either of those two to anything else until I’ve had some time to think about it. That's what I get for a lack of sleep :p

And here it is! Posted today on Tripsdrill facebook :
Translated for you with the help of google:
Behind the washtub rafting a spectacular new attraction is under construction: A launch coaster from Gerstlauer Amusement Rides will complement the major attractions of the theme park. The 8-seater cars (2 x 4 people) will be launched launch from 0 to 100 in 1.6 seconds. The ride goes up to the height of 30 meters. As a further special effects roller coaster fans are going to experience the 700 meter track including a dark ride and, four very different overhead elements - not only from the lap bar is stomach tingling guaranteed!

So Another gerstlauer is now confirmed. Great to see that it is going to have lapbars!

Also tripsdrill posted this video yesterday on theur facebook with the comment saying something like "A guest dream or reality?"
So it possibly is the layout of that new coaster.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZCFYVLmDPIU[/youtube]

That video's been on YouTube for months (going back to March). I'm sure it's fan made, that'll be what they mean by a guests dream.

Something about it doesn't seem right anyway. Isn't this ride meant to go through the troughs under Mammut? I know the video points out that it is doing that but it just doesn't seem right.

nothing is said about crossing mammut at the moment.
But seing were it is going to be built (behind the raft), it still is possible.

Hey guys !

So...here are the stats...posted today by tripsdrill on their facebook page :

-- Type : Themed launch coaster
-- Manufacturer : Gerstlauer Amusement Rides
-- Length : 700 meters
-- Heigth : More than 30 meters
-- Inversions : 4 (different) Inversions
-- Trains : 2 x 4 Persons (8) lapbars only !!!
-- Launch : From 0 to 100 km/h in 1,6 seconds !
-- Including a darkride portion
-- Two "Europe`s first`s"... so no Anubis clone !

Source : https://www.facebook.com/ErlebnisparkTripsdrill

Greeds...GeorgeT

--

Two Europe's First's alongside SW7... Well Gerstlauer you sure know how to treat us :D

That's a much faster version of Rita's launch as well.

But what I'm most curious about is the Theme. Being Tripsdrill I'm fascinated as to what it might be:
See my trip report if you want to know why [/plug] ;)

Well this sounds a very interesting project, and one that could possibly have a lot to do with SW7. If the cars and dark-ride section are being brought into the equation, then it's clear that Gerstlauer are trying to up their game and create more of an experience. The lap-bars as well almost confirm the same for SW7. I don't see anything past heartline roll, dive loop/immelmann, loop, zero-G or corkscrew, but perhaps (due to the concentration of 4 different inversions, and the European first, we'll see some new inversion). Thinking that SW7 is going with a European first element (Batwing) could we see another. I'm thinking possibly Banana roll or pretzel loop (if it comes out before that Mack coaster).

And just a quick correction:

Tim said:

ARGHH, complete physics fail. IT'S ACCELERATION!!!

Sorry about that, couldn't help myself.

I reckon it'll be 1.2 G's, like the others, but it can accelerate that quickly because there's usually a pre-drop before all the Gerstlauer launches that starts the train at around 15-20 MPH.

Nick said:
Tim said:

Sorry about that, couldn't help myself.

Lol :p

I must have been tired last night. Glad to see you knew what I meant though.

Early construction photos from coastersworld.fr

KrqR9.jpg

FKAiI.jpg

bIO3V.jpg

PmFmu.jpg

He could have meant a faster rate of acceleration!? Some replies really are pointless!

This ride sounds promising, I don't think I've seen a coaster manufacturer develop quicker than gerst! Very much to be applauded!

Regardless of what words/stats are used, a launch is a launch, and they're a great twist on Gerst coasters! I continually big-up Anubis, but its seriously awesome.

Tripsdrill is fairly easy to get to on a drive in conjunction with Europa, am I right? I might pencil this in for next year.. :D.

I'm interested to see what this dark section will entail!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Not sure about driving but I did both of them one day after the other by public transport (left EP around 4pm, train to Stuttgart arrive 8pm and slept over there) so if you pick somewhere to stay that's in between the two it'd probably be a descent direct driving journey.

April 2013! Yes please!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2