• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Merlinpool: 30-31 July 2016

Looks like the weather is going to be typical Blackpool rain. And there I was thinking for once it might be warm enough to go poncho-free on Valhalla.
.... Wait, what am I saying? I hate heat!

Looks like the weather is going to be typical Blackpool rain. And there I was thinking for once it might be warm enough to go poncho-free on Valhalla.
.... Wait, what am I saying? I hate heat!

.... and like Blackpool, the weather changes quickly.

Met Office says both days are Sunny with cloud and a 20% chance of rain ;)

Hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but I assume there are some people (well me, lol) that need to collect their wristbands. I was planning to get there for about 9/9:30 to collect mine. However I was wondering if are we meeting at 10, then getting wristbands? Or would l need to collect it before meeting with everyone at 10am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be aiming to be there by about 9:40, queues for wristbands could be long so get in the queue as soon as you arrive.

Have just got home. Was a spanktastic weekend, guys! :D It's far too long since I've been on a meet. Good to meet some new (to me at least) faces.

One of the things I love about only visiting blackpool every couple of years, is that it gets a little less grotty each time. The Velvet Coaster Wetherspoon's is a great addition to the town. I can see it being the default place to go for food and booze.

Highlights:
* Running my Geiger counter over Danny and seeing the needle almost go off the scale.
* Drink, ride, p¡ss, repeat.
* Impromptu rave outside FY4.
* Getting a good spin going on Skyforce.
* The weather being just right.
* More in park entertainment than I have ever seen in the UK before.
* Northerner bar staff know how to pour ale properly.
* All the park staff were nice and friendly.
* Sandcastle's "spa" now has a no kids policy, as well as a couple of new variants on the steam room.
* Good food, good booze, good friends, good times!

Lowlights:
* Multiple broken effects in valhalla, including the entire ice room being not just devoid of any ice, but actually warmer than the rest of the ride.
* Danny and Martin's hotel screw up. Thankfully resolved in the end!
* Northern Rail Pacers.

Not sure if bad or epic:
I somehow got thrown in to a 360' barrel roll on the Montezooma slide at Sandcastle. Twice. It hurt. A LOT. Never again.

Thanks to Martin for the lifts today, Ashlee for the company on two very long train journeys, and everyone else for making it a great weekend!

Now please excuse me, I may have to pass out.

Absolutely can not wait to read Danny's Tripadvisor reviews. :tearsofjoy:

Hotel farce aside, a brilliant weekend of sun, fun, beer and rides, cheers all! :grinning:

I think this is the first meet where a hotel has refused to even let someone through the front door though!

.... And they didn't even know he was radioactive!

I think this is the first meet where a hotel has refused to even let someone through the front door though!

.... And they didn't even know he was radioactive!
I'm intrigued to hear the full story now! :p

It goes a little something like this.

When we made the booking we told them our ETA would be 9:30, to which Booking.com told us check in would not be available. Check in apparently was at 9 and we were not told we would have to be there literally at 9 to get our room. We didn't check in at half past and instead went straight to the park. Later when we went to check in, the rather miserable owner told us we wouldn't be allowed our room, and slammed the door in our face. I would like to stress we were not drunk or disorderly or anything like that, and the hotel still had vacancies, it's not as if they filled the room.

Cue a night of frantically searching for somewhere else to stay, after several false starts, when it seemed every hotel and B&B was either full or unwilling to check us in late, the absolute hero working at the Travelodge found us a room in what turned out to be a very nice hotel on the promenade, much better than the dive we were supposed to be in.

Hopefully Danny will get his money back after a few strongly worded emails.