• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS North @ BPB: 22nd July 2023

Craig

TS Administrator

TS North @ Blackpool Pleasure Beach

We're hurtling through the year and it's time for our last official meet before the big hitters of Oktoberfest, Scarefest and Fireworks round out the 2023 season.

Before that though, it's back off up north to Blackpool Pleasure Beach to take advantage of their late opening on Saturday 22nd July 2023!

This is a one day meet, but some members will no doubt be staying over at least for the Saturday evening to take advantage of the odd drink or ten throughout the day. If you're staying over, there's plenty of places to be found in Blackpool, so we'd encourage you to use booking.com and the like to find somewhere suitable.

📍 Meeting location is: Outside the park entrance in front of Noah's Ark
🕰️ Meeting time: 9:45am for a 10.00am entry

Please RSVP your attendance and see you there 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be there, but for the benefit of anybody who is considering it... be aware there's a train strike on the 22nd July, and disruption expected in the week before too. Details here.

I'll be heading up - not been since 2019 so will be interesting to see what has got worse!

Any tips for surviving Valhalla greatly appreciated. Nearly killed my phone (and @John) last time and I've heard it's not improved! 💦

I'll be heading up - not been since 2019 so will be interesting to see what has got worse!

Any tips for surviving Valhalla greatly appreciated. Nearly killed my phone (and @John) last time and I've heard it's not improved! 💦
I'd advise putting all valuables and bags in a locker or leaving them with a group member who's not braving it. When I rode a few years ago I had my rucksack between my legs to keep it out of the footwell, but on the double drop it slipped out and went into the lake of water in the footwell. 🤦‍♂️

A note about the lockers, they're now cashless. Card only.

I'd advise putting all valuables and bags in a locker or leaving them with a group member who's not braving it. When I rode a few years ago I had my rucksack between my legs to keep it out of the footwell, but on the double drop it slipped out and went into the lake of water in the footwell. 🤦‍♂️

A note about the lockers, they're now cashless. Card only.
You need your phone to get on the ride with the current E ticket system.

My advice is not riding it, and then hear from those who did ride it how most of the effects weren't working and that they're drenched for nothing! 😅

Oh and I'll be there, because for some reason I decided that BPB twice in under 12 months is a great idea! Roll on the beer.

According to the BBC forecast, it is going to rain every day until the meet...then stop for the day!
Not that you can trust long range forecasts...

Will be there now, booked B&B, get some last use out of current EP pass using the 1 free visit to BPBPBPBPB (With a trip to EP thrown in a week later too for added benefit):p

Atm, I'm 50/50 if I'm going, had a previous downpour at BPB last time I was there and if reports are saying something similar, getting a little cold feet but I'm still thinking about it...

Loki's, Crevettes, Coasters and that joint under Flying Machines.

See you for some 'crab' sticks and a bunch of fives in the Icon queue line.

Bad news guys, I'll be unable to attend due to various factors so no Blackpool trip for me then. Then again given the terrible weather about to hit Blackpool this weekend, might not be a bad thing all things considered.

So yeah, I'm out but for those going have a good one on me.

I still intend to come and give away free mouse wheels and beer to strangers in Crevettes on Sunday, high noon.
May have to leave mouse wheels in the car close by.
Slightly erratic occasional issue with the car wipers may be fun.
Will bring snorkel and flippers, might treat myself to new work waterproofs.
Drifting on the dodgems.

I still intend to come and give away free mouse wheels and beer to strangers in Crevettes on Sunday, high noon.
May have to leave mouse wheels in the car close by.
Slightly erratic occasional issue with the car wipers may be fun.
Will bring snorkel and flippers, might treat myself to new work waterproofs.
Drifting on the dodgems.
You do know it’s a Saturday meet don’t you? 😂