• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Quick Questions

Not sure who or where to ask but see people talking about it here so sorry if it's wrong.

Can someone be a dear and change my name to Martin or if that's taken MartinM or something similarly original. Been meaning to for about three years but never got round to it.

Ta x

I subscribe to this topic so don't worry I saw it :). All changed for you!

I've currently got this problem when trying to browse the forum - the style sheet for the bar at the top seems to have gone wrong, and is displaying everything in a list down the forum pages, rendering a lot of the forum unusable.
b221f0684e4d74f9ad860a6718ff4ada.jpg

I've tried it on Chrome and Internet Explorer on my laptop, and Chrome and Safari on my iPad - all are showing the same problem.

We're aware of the issue :) Joel is currently using what is normally a quiet period in terms of users to play with the menu and make it 100% more awesome...

Bear with us!

Could I suggest that we consider adding the WikiPosts plugin to the forum? It turns the first post of select threads into a mini wiki that established users can edit.

The primary purpose is for threads that contain some long-running information that can be updated over time by people other than just the original poster. A good example would be the advice we write on visiting foreign parks, or up-to-date information about a meet.

I read a travel forum and they use the vBulletin-equivalent. It's very useful - here's an (aviation-related) example.

8hpNU14.gif

Hi, I hope this is the right place for a request to change my forum username? (Or if not, at least it's the same wrong place as others' requests!).

I can see there is already a Russell in your midst, so can I be RussellH please? This would seem to be more in line with the rest of the community tending towards using real names. Thank you! :blush:

8hpNU14.gif

Hi, I hope this is the right place for a request to change my forum username? (Or if not, at least it's the same wrong place as others' requests!).

I can see there is already a Russell in your midst, so can I be RussellH please? This would seem to be more in line with the rest of the community tending towards using real names. Thank you! :blush:
Usually it's a PM to one of the forum admins, but I know that Craig gets notifications for this thread, so it should be fine. :)

Embedded a Live Link video into a topic and it isn't showing up for some users any ideas?

Looks like it's blocked because TowersStreet is secure (HTTPS), but the LiveLeak iframe embed is insecure (HTTP). Doesn't look like LiveLeak offers a secure version of their embed, so linking to them instead is probably the best course of action, as I see someone already has in the other thread.