• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Staffordshire Sandwich: 24-26 August 2013

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TS Staffordshire Sandwich: 24-26 August 2013

It's that time of year! Sunshine, summer and a 1 hour queue for Congo River Rapids or Storm Force 10! Yes, our Summer Sandwich meet this year is once again taking in two of the most major theme parks in the country - Alton Towers and Drayton Manor!

The itinerary is as follows:

Saturday, 24 August
ALTON TOWERS

Sunday, 25 August
DRAYTON MANOR PARK

Monday, 26 August
ALTON TOWERS

Last year, this meet was a real highlight - with amazing weather, extended ride closes at Drayton Manor and fabulous food!

Accommodation is cuerrently set to Stafford Central Travelodge, although other local Travelodge's are available, including one in Rugeley, which is also between both Alton Towers and Drayton.

We hope to see as many people there as possible for this blockbuster meet!

NEW: Self service RSVP at the meet event page here!

:)

Re: TS Summer Sandwich: 24-26 August 2013

I hope to be there for the days at Alton, and there is a chance that I could be able to provide transport from either Stoke or Uttox. This is all dependant on how much unpacking I can get done from 9am on the morning of Tuesday the 20th, however, so I may not know whether I can do any of the dates until late on the Friday evening. :p

Hope to attend both AT dates, with DM being a possibility

I'll should be there :)
Never been to DM, as of yet, so that's another plus :)
Should be able to provide transport if I'm driving (Most Likely)

Can do sunday and monday, but would require a lift to drayton :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I might be there, it heavily depends upon other matters! :)

I'll be there for the first Alton day! I would have done Drayton instead if it weren't for engineering works on the West Coast Main Line :/ But oh well, I'm booking my tickets very soon!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again =)

Rowe said:
...it heavily depends upon other matters! :)
Circumstances, surely :) [and whatever they are, you've got 6 weeks to resolve them! :)]

Doesn't seem 5 minutes since the last trip, but I'm happy to start planning another :) As many of you have probably picked up, I'm an avid F1 fan, and this trip clashes with the Belgian GP - and as much as I enjoyed the Drayton trip earlier in the year, I think twice in a year would be excessive, so maybe just be Saturday and Monday for me - I only live an hour from the park, but looking at Travelodgings now anyway :)

...censored hell; £71 for Stafford central on Sat night - much as I'd like to be sociable, that's excessive. I'm going to hold off until I know what others are doing, as you can get those nights lots cheaper elsewhere :)

I shall try my best to be there for some of this at least! Dependent slightly on football though!

Balls. Really fancy another meet but looks like this is Reading weekend so I'll have to wait a bit longer! You lot didn't scare me off last time tho, I promise. :*

I should be there for Saturday and Sunday deffo but not sure about the Monday yet

I'm highly likely to be attending the Saturday, otherwise Scarefest is a definite.

It's been over a year since my last meet which was back on TT, will be nice to see some old faces, and new ones! :D

This highly depends on finances... though I would love to do the whole weekend :)

Travel and accommodation dependent, will be there, at least for the Sat/Sun :)

Me and Dar will be attending one of the Alton days (or both) if someone could do us the KINDNESS of giving us a lift! As usual we can get the train to a convenient place if someone would be so kind.

willbe there, definately doing the Sat/ Sun, Monday not sure

I'm definitely there for some, I just don't know what :p will be looking for cheaper accommodation though!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I suggest checking the Premier Inn Rugeley or the Travelodge in Rugeley.

I will certainly be there for the Saturday and Sunday (my first visit to Drayton on a meet with TST/TTF), and will more than likely join everyone on the Monday after I finish work in the afternoon.

I will probably stay at home, to save money and i'm not really that far from both parks.