• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Er it's Ellies Birthday thing that Sat night James. :p

My personal view, in the case of this trip, is that one day is enough for February half term. As has been said, not everyone wants to spend a full weekend on resort (especially not in February weather, with limited rides), but there's nothing stopping those that want to, or who have to make a long trip to get to the park in the first place - and as far as I can tell, there's nothing stopping people making arrangements for the second day in this topic :)

Other than trips held over bank holiday weekends, I don't see a problem - but obviously, if it doesn't work this year, I imagine that will be taken into account.

This time around - I'm a little disappointed I'll miss the evening sosche, but I'm dashing straight down to Wolverhampton for a concert after ride close - going to be a hectic weekend, but one I'm really looking forward to :)

Just wondering if anyone could gimme a lift to some sort of hotel and back to Towers the next day? I will probably try and stay in Vane, if anyone has any space in a hotel room, please send me a PM or facebook message!

I'm definitely going to be there :)

Unfortunately i'm working all weekend, but I intend on popping to towers after work on the Saturday, even if it is just for a couple of hours and maybe a drink or food afterwards. Won't be there on the Sunday as I don't think work till 4.30pm :(

Natalie said:
Er it's Ellies Birthday thing that Sat night James. :p

Aww this isn't a thing I've been invited to! :(

Hotel evening drinking sosche on the Saturday or ELSE mothertruckers!

Jordan said:
TST+ is such a farce.

Declining meet attendance on "2nd days" is caused by much broader issues in this community than people not being able to afford to go on the second day.

1) People said they wanted fewer 2 day meets because they couldn't afford as many as we had.

2) Elaborate on the broader issues as i'm not aware of what they are, it's meant to be an open and honest community so feel free to post them here or message the team.

If listening and acting on what a large number of people said they wanted is farcical then sure it's a farce... But if people don't pipe up elaborate on their opinion and throw it into the pot how are we meant to make decisions based on that info.

EDIT

To add to the point, from the last team Q&A

Why are meets several days? Alton isn’t a 2/3 park to many of us, cant the second days be unofficial?
Team: We do appreciate people travel a long way and that accommodation for multi-days plus costs can be an issue for people. Again its something for us to look at. We did feel there were too many multi day trips this season.

We don't mind how the meets are formed as it's not dictatorial that team have to attend all days so if we wanted as individuals to do one day we could, so we need (and are) lead by feedback from attenders.

We have tried to act in Good Faith with regards to balancing 1 and 2 day meets.

However, I have altered the initial post to make the TST+ option clearer regarding a meal and accommodation.

We will review things as a team following the meet.

Forest have won their FA Cup replay, therefore I can be at Towers on the Saturday! Yay! ;D

Rob said:
Forest have won their FA Cup replay, therefore I can be at Towers on the Saturday! Yay! ;D

Rob...ssssshhhhhhh :p

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to say that DaveW and I have booked a twin room at the Weathervane.

I think one of the reasons the second day gets less attendance is the fact most people don't get back on park until late morning, as for most people there no major rush to get back on park like there used to be the next day.

Like IanB said people have other priorities went it comes to the second day or in general, especially after a full day on park the day before. :)

With just over a week to go, is the who's going list on the meets section of the main site going to be launched?

:)

Sadly I won't be on many official meets this year unless I change jobs as I work every Sat and I feel this year it hasn't been taken into account people have to work Saturdays, so I'm kinda feeling left out, might go on the Sunday, depends though if anyone else is going.

We have tried our best.

The majority of meets are still 2-days and the fireworks meet is a Sunday. Only two Alton Towers meets are single day Saturdays.

Saturday works better for the majority due to public transport.

We also get the dates out well in advance to allow people time to swap shifts if needed etc.

The changes made were a response to feedback. We will review this in due course.

Natalie said:
Sadly I won't be on many official meets this year unless I change jobs as I work every Sat and I feel this year it hasn't been taken into account people have to work Saturdays, so I'm kinda feeling left out, might go on the Sunday, depends though if anyone else is going.

60% of the meets are 2 days and of the three one day meets only two are a Saturday (so all but 2 meets accommodate Saturday workers) only 2 meets that would have been weekend meets last year have become 1 day meets.

So there is no need to change jobs to make 80% of the meet calendar :)

Dave said:
Natalie said:

60% of the meets are 2 days and of the three one day meets only two are a Saturday (so all but 2 meets accommodate Saturday workers) only 2 meets that would have been weekend meets last year have become 1 day meets.

But I'm also guessing they are ALL Towers, so I get to miss out on BPB (like last year as AGAIN it was on a Sat) and also Drayton because it ALSO is on a Sat, I want to be able to do more than just Towers with you lot. Plus they aren't officially two days so won't be in group photos etc.

Natalie said:
Dave said:
Natalie said:

But I'm also guessing they are ALL Towers, so I get to miss out on BPB (like last year as AGAIN it was on a Sat) and also Drayton because it ALSO is on a Sat, I want to be able to do more than just Towers with you lot. Plus they aren't officially two days so won't be in group photos etc.

We have three one day meets, the rest are officially 2 days.

I think the moral of the story is people need to get involved in making their preferences known before the decisions are made. We asked people for an opinion and the overwhelming one was that more single day meets where required, with fewer weekend ones.

We can't magically read the minds of those who don't tell us what they wish and then afterwards we get accused of being farcical (not by you Nat). What's the point in us trying to operate a community that takes it's members opinions on board if people don't give us an opinion when asked then moan about the decision that was taken based on the people who took the time to provide one.

Going to be blunt here and this is my opinion not one shared by the team but topics like this make me wonder why we bother at all sometimes, it just seems people would rather not get involved at the outset then have a swipe at the decision, then actually help is formulate something that works for the majority.

Hopefully by the start of next season I will be working regular hours Mon-Fri 9-5 or be able to choose the hours I work. Atm I don't want to take Saturdays off as they provide extra income which I need and I also need to keep back 10 days of my annual leave back to take at Christmas which leave me with no much to play with for the rest of the year.