• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

Our 1-day February Half Term Official Meet takes place at Alton Towers on Saturday, 15th February 2014.

Rides including Nemesis, Air, Nemesis Sub-Terra, Sonic Spinball and others will be open.

The meeting point for the day is 10:00am at the bottom of Towers Street, outside Corner Coffee.

Please note, if you need to pick up or renew an annual pass, this can be left to the end of the day rather than everyone hanging around outside the Box Office for ages like last year due to the excessive queues.

We look forward to seeing you!

TST+
Meal at the Hungry Horse Weathervane, Meir Park, Stoke on the Saturday evening. Anybody wishing to stay over should do so here prior to the Sunday on park.

Re: NEXT MEET: TST Half Term: Saturday, 15th February 2014

If im not working on the saturday like last year then i will be joining!

I'm there. Sad as it sounds, I've been looking forward to this since November.

AND I'm going to see Dream Theater in Wolverhampton after :D

Should be there :)

I will be attending for the day, space for 3 others in the car, if anyone wants a lift from Sheffield/Rotherham/Meadowhall? Setting off at about 8am to give us plenty of time to get there :)

Ian

I shall be there, and am willing to offer transport between Stoke and/or Uttox and Towers. I have at least two spaces, but can offer a third if necessary.

EDIT: Will be there on the Saturday only.

I'll be there, if Forest beat Preston in their FA Cup replay, meaning our league game with Forest will be moved to the Tuesday!

How is the TST+ option for this meet going to work? Will there be a separate thread or is this thread for that also? As I do plan to be there the Sunday if others are.

:)

I should be there for this one, time to renew the MAP for another year :D

Rob said:
I'll be there, if Forest beat Preston in their FA Cup replay, meaning our league game with Forest will be moved to the Tuesday!

How is the TST+ option for this meet going to work? Will there be a separate thread or is this thread for that also? As I do plan to be there the Sunday if others are.

Rob! Preston are obviously going to beat Forest in the FA Cup replay. So as much as I'd like to see you on the 15th, you'll be at a football match :D

Might see you on the Sunday though!

This will be my 1st ever meet but im defininately gonna be there already got the fuel money put to one side, and got my merlin pass voucher at the ready, if anyone needs a lift there's room for 3 in my car, will be leaving from Worksop

I booked train tickets yesterday, and have booked a seat in the Balsdon Mobile.

I'll be there.

Will see everyone there! :)

(if something fun is happening on the Sat night - as it should be - I'll try and come along after work, would be nice :D)

Rob said:

I guess people can discuss in this topic if they intend to stay over, but as we are principally focussing our efforts on the Saturday, we don't really intend advising on accommodation choices.

However, I noted that the Weathervane is available, as are local Travelodges.

TST+ is such a farce.

Back in the day there would be a clear accommodation choice and there was a mixture of people who'd come to both days or just one. All that TST+ does is split the group so everyone just does their own thing, organises their own plans and accommodation with their mates and it all goes cliquey.

And I don't even see a compelling reason why this should be done. When I was a student, I couldn't afford every bit of every meet but I'd make do with what I could. If anything, this change makes it harder for people to attend because there's always going to be one "superior" day and so people with existing commitments on that day are less likely to show up to the meet at all.

Declining meet attendance on "2nd days" is caused by much broader issues in this community than people not being able to afford to go on the second day.

I can understand why you think that Jordan but this is a trial for this year so we are just trying it out. If this isn't successful or popular then this idea will be scrapped.

We felt that there were some meets that didn't require 2 days as official meets such as FHT therefore we decided to say the 'Saturday' is the official meet and TST+ is the Sunday. People have the choice to come to the official meet or the TST+ day or both if they so wish. Accommodation can be sorted out between people.

It doesn't have to be cliquey, get a bunch of TSTers together via Facebook or say so on here then you can sort out hotel options. New members can contact a confirmed member on this forum if they want to share rooms (we are all a friendly bunch so please don't be scared, bring a friend if you feel more comfortable.)

Personally I don't see what the issue is, and no, I am not defending this idea due to being on the team.

Anyway, as for my attendance for this meet, I don't think I will be going due to work and mostly wanting to save as much money as possible for Junket.

Do we now get blue TST meet passes? Orange if we get TST+?

I don't see how you solve this problem, TST+ is just a different approach to the issues over the past few years. Like you said, its a broader issue than just money, people are older, have different priorities, and dare I say it, become uninspired by Alton Towers. I know the main reason I visit as often as I do is to see everyone, not because I love the park.

Scrap TST+ and people will still arrange with friends to stop over at different places. Have a set location, and people will moan about the choice, and still end up stopping in different places.

I also feel that there is a feeling/sense that if there is a Meet which includes accommodation, if I am not stopping over, I am missing out on something, and this puts pressure on people to attend. I know I always feel a little gutted I can not stop over as much, but I don't lose to much sleep over it, as I have other things I would rather be doing (Sorry everyone) and I look forward to the occasions where I do stop over more, and I know the next mini meet is never to far away to catch up, and hear all the funny stories. Sometimes it can be more fun to hear the stories about what happened than been there :)

To anyone who feels like that, don't let it get you down. Missing a few meets, or not stopping over does not mean people will stop liking you or talking to you. I missed nearly a whole year, and still felt welcomed back, and it felt like I had never been away.

I think the TST Official Meet up page is a great tool for helping to keep everyone in the loop about what different people are doing, and I am sure someone from the team will be setting it up for this event as well?

I would love for the big events, such as Scarefest for TST to be able to organise discounted rooms, or bulk booking, so that everyone have rooms near each other, and a separate bar, drinking area could be arranged so that everyone can hang out with each other. I know at Towers this is not really an issue, as Margs is a big enough space, but at the Weathervane, or Travelodge, people tend to go back to their rooms, and have drinks with friends (Understandable, you can not have more than 5 people in a single room). I know this is not a direction TST wants to go down, but if people want to have more of a social event in the evenings after a meet, maybe it is something worth looking at, even if there is a £5 fee to cover the cost of booking a small conference room/separate bar area?

Back on topic, still have 3 spaces left in my car for Saturday, first come, first served.

Ian

I think for those interested in still being social we should definitely try and organise some kind of social thing for the Sat evening...

(deffo not just so I could be there :p)