• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST No Limits Coaster

Which inverted coaster do you want (please read my post before selecting)?

• Intamin

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • B&M

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Need any inspiration? Well here's a few POV's of current coasters that would be similar to ours. All thanks go to Al for getting these together.

I've had a look at the existing family suspended coasters from Vekoma and here are some of the good one's (although some are the same models as others):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcT5NL14Tb8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sesuDviRD8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwa0LAihfvw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8CR_dHoOro&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLsX4ITTEU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8ahM6w9Sk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA_oLi1h6qQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I'm sure we could do better than them. :p

As he said, shouldn't be hard to beat all of these.

Myself and Nick had a look at a few of Vekoma's suspended coasters for a bit of inspiration and to see what worked and these two coasters

Kvasten:

74s800a75ddj84615h91pr.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/3702.htm

and

Flying ACE Aerial Chase

croag20r0008t5lmd0go6m.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/1037.htm

These two coasters are small and don't exceed 1350ft in length, and neither are very tall. Whilst we're building a family coaster, we think that it'd be acceptable to make our coaster a bit taller and double the length to somewhere around 2600ft as some of Vekoma's actually go around the ride more than once and this isn't really necessary for us. The speed should remain below 45mph too.

A good family coaster has nice floaty sections with large, sweeping bends.
If we incorpirate these somewhere in the ride, then we'll be on to a winner!

Also, have we thought about a colour scheme for the ride yet?
Or should we wait until the layout is finished so that we know what suits it best?

The theme and location, as well as the nature of the ride are factors which I feel should dictate the colour. Perhaps we should finish the coaster and do colour variations to see which looks the best? :)

I think we've left this a little too long.

Just a quick update-

There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes, and we may have some work to show you in the not so distant future!
Some track ideas and themes have been shared in the group, and we are on our way to unveiling our first coaster!

:)

Can I just ask, we are still going with a magical castle theme for this ride? :p

BigAl said:
Can I just ask, we are still going with a magical castle theme for this ride? :p

Kids do like fantasy!

Those drawings were just for ideas, and aren't fully completed, hence the quick shading...

Longy said:
BigAl said:

Kids do like fantasy!

Those drawings were just for ideas, and aren't fully completed, hence the quick shading...

Nice drawings, BTW.

Although I think it should have a more sinister side as well. Imagine it's a castle like that, but it's fallen under disrepair and is falling apart.

Thought of a new idea for a full layout which includes everything that we've thought of...

Nemesis Inferno-esque drop from the station going left under an archway on the side of the castle. It leads into a courtyard where the coaster banks right and then lifts up and performs badboi's junior dive loop and then a half downward helix under itself and out into the open.

Here, the right swings right amongst an orchard-style area and heads into a brake run that leads towards the station; parallel with the station track.

The train now enters a tunnel and heads up some worn stone steps which leads to the station room (protected by an ornate iron fence to fit with the theme, and with a gate for easy lift evacuation and maintenance) and up, out into the air via a leaning, twisted tower.

From the top of the lift, the ride swings left out of a hole in the side of the tower and performs a Vekoma junior suspended style helix (see the opening element of them) until it heads back in front of the tower and up and over the roof of the castle and various covered stone walkways (queue lines?).

The coaster then swings left again once it's past the station on the far right of it and heads back towards it, only lower to gain speed. From there, the train faces another stone walkway which is used fro the queue. From on the ride and on the bridge, it looks like the ride will collide with the covered walkway, however, the train swings up and lifts the riders onto their left-hand side to narrowly escape the rooftop of the bridge (a stone turret is sat behind the track and another one where the riders feet should swing has crumbled and fallen-off, as if a previous ride has actually hit the turret) before reaching the opposite side of the station/castle roof.

Now the fun begins! The ride dives over the side of the castle as a 50 to 60 degree angle and into a cavern on the side of a hill (an large, old wooden door on the cavern entrance has a sign that reads "Danger! Trolls Ahead!" to act as theming for anyone off the ride and to help link the ride with a storybook/fairytale theme. The tunnel is quite long but lit-up by rusty, flickering lanterns that bathe the dark, damp cavern in an eerie yellowness. As the train passes, a growling sound can be heard (sound of the troll to interact with riders). At the end of the cave, a haunched static figure of a troll can be seen with glowing eyes glaring at riders as they swoop towards and over it.

The train escapes the troll by heading up and out of the ground and performing a double helix which wraps around the sides of an old stone lookout tower, perched above the exit of the tunnel on the side of a grassy hill that lies to the south of the station. Once the train has levelled-out near the roof of the tower, it swings down and from side-to-side over a garden, between a few tall trees which act as hand and leg choppers. The ride also lifts-up over the start of the final brake run.

The ride swings back into action after that short break by diving left into a trench which runs alongside the station (the trench has a drawbridge over it which heads into the castle and the trench is filled with water so that when the train passes, splash effects give the effect that the tips of the riders toes are kicking through the water if looked at from off the ride) before rising up and performing a tight helix to the south east of the station.

Afterwards, the ride swings left and right through another wooded area which goes back towards the lookout tower, only most of the trees have either been pushed over or charred, and large dinosaur-like footprints line the forest floor. The ride proceeds to drop down into another tunnel below the lookout tower for the grande finale. inside, the ride performs Ryan's high-angle airtime hill over the top of the head of a dragon (the dragon's mouth is open and a dry ice effect is lit-up with an orange light to make it look like fire). Once the ride has passed over the fire of the dragon, the train exits the tunnel and turns right and goes up into the final brake run.

The brake run ends and the ride waits at the end on another block section and may wait there if the train inside the station hasn't yet been loaded with the next batch of adventurers.

Le fin.

It'd take time to build the objects and get the pacing correct, but I think that would make for a decent family ride. I'll spend most of this week making this layout so that the description above makes more sense. :p

I've finished a plan of this coaster and I've made half of the ride (rough) in NL. I'll label the maps in the morning and upload them for opinions.

:)

Fairytale is the only way I can describe it. :)

Also, I've made a rough version of the coaster I described above and I've put it in the dropbox folder for anyone with NL to view it. Feel free to adjust bits and make it smoother in places, or correct the banking, etc...

The images of the ride layout and theming will be uploaded in a bit. :)

Really Sorry for bumping I've just uploaded my Intamin Suspended Coaster "Flight-School" which is basically based on a short flight were you get caught up in a storm in a dark ride section . it has a stop and launch section of 35 MPH as-well. :) Also is the project still going?

Damn, keep forgetting about this. :-[

I think we're now at the stage where the track plan is finished (as I've had no complaints or objections about it) and we'll have to start making it and planning the theme.

It's half-term, there's no excuse not to do anything, so there'll probably be a PM sent out soon explaining what'll be happening.