• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST No Limits Coaster

Which inverted coaster do you want (please read my post before selecting)?

• Intamin

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • B&M

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
How can one coaster be done by 17 people do this? Is there enough work for a group of this size? Perhaps we should split into groups of four? If Bear wants to leave it to us then that makes 16, so 4 groups of four would be a much more manageable size. And to help ease confusion with having four groups working on four separate projects in one topic, each group could adopt a different colour for their comment to make discussions distinguishable and a universal colour that means we're addressing everyone.

Just some ideas though.

:)

I don't think that would work, as there's not only one or two who can create 3d models and import them into the game, so it would end up with one of the coasters having really good theming, and the others not having any at all. ???

For the start, I think one team would suffice, however, later we could try making four different tracks, deciding on the best one, then concentrating further on that one.

A big project now though.

After some time pondering, I have decided to develop the 'cloud city' idea, with a hidden surprise!

I will work on the main theme elements, but they will be nothing to big so that our first project is not too hard!

I look forward to updating you on this matter. :)

I have ridden the intamin inverter, I may make some changes, as in places the lateral g's are far to high!

Still, I shall save my changes as intamin inverter 2. See wether they are any good

Er... see what Ryan put. The coaster was only a quick, one hour job, and was just to show what it would look like- no effort was put into it at all.

And the lateral G's were not too high at all, it only peaked around 1- maybe a little too high, but smoothing would improve it.

Also, it's a bit strange to say they're too high, and then change the banking, layout etc. which puts the G's into red figures on multiple occasions. A bit hypocritical to suggest that 1 is too high, but over 3 isn't.

The coaster itself has been made much too intense, even when it's fine for G's. It is meant to be a family coaster.

Onto the actual project. I am going to decide to use a Intamin inverted coaster, as this is what is currently leading in the poll. I will try to figure out, with Al, a way to design and make this coaster so it works- hopefully within a weeks time. Unfortunately, next weekend, I will be away for 10 days or so. Therefore, I will try and sort this out before that, so we can get underway. You will be informed soon.

Guys my laptop is out of action for 2 weeks so no input from me for now. However I shall put in my ideas and view yours.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I've designed a few unique elements for an Intamin family inverted coaster which work with certain theming concepts that I'm making for my own coaster. However, I can put the track into the Dropbox file and let you guys have a look at what it does and see whether we could take any aspects from it for this project, or whether you'd like to just use that. :p

Although, as of yet, most of it isn't quite refined enough. I won't accept laterals that exceed + or - 0.3 for a final design, although it's fine to go over that if we're just making a few rough plans.

I've sent Nick a message with some of my plans and thoughts as he'd like to get started asap! :)

I'll upload a few pics of my test coaster in the morning to help demonstrate the elements and you guys can tell me what you think works / could work, etc...

Over the past week I have been making a multi looper concept,I may save it so you can see it and weather we could use it later on.

alee298 said:
Over the past week I have been making a multi looper concept,I may save it so you can see it and weather we could use it later on.

Just looked at it, I really like some of the elements but as a coaster there are a few flaws. Firstly, I'm not sure what the point of the really shallow lift hill is (should be steeper to save time), also there are too many heartline rolls which reminisce too much from Colossus. I think some of the diving loops are great though, really smooth although as I have said - there is room for improvement.

Any chance of some pics of your progress or works in progress guys?

At the minute it seems like you're discussing your private work here which kinda makes others feel out of the loop. :)

I'm interested to see what you've got to be honest.

There seems to be a distinct lack of organization here, which is why I dropped out! Shame really, I was looking forward to putting my 8 years of experience to use for a change!

5eyiaa.jpg
a pic of the multi looper concept.

Should we not be concentrating on the Intamin coaster?

I've given the files a shuffle around so that we've got a more structured system. Anything you'd like to share which isn't related to this project needs to be put into the 'Other Tracks' folder. Things that are Project 1 related need to go in the 'Concepts and Elements' folder for the time being so that we can peruse these over the next few weeks and get a plan together of what it is that we're designing and making. Could someone test this new sorting system because I've read about sharing problems when creating folders within shared folders. There's no point in having sub-folders if nobody can access them. :p

I've had a go at making a few elements for such a coaster so I'll show these here:

Phantasm-120701090951000.jpg

Phantasm-120701091004001.jpg

Phantasm-120701091013002.jpg

Phantasm-120701091030003.jpg

Basically, in these images there are two elements that I've designed that interact with the station. Of course, this is all related to my separate project, so just ignore the style of the station, etc... The first element that riders come across is the lift hill. I've designed it for my ride so that the ride comes out of a ruined castle and twists around before heading back to it. The ride then goes up a lift hill that goes through the inside of the station. The lift on my coaster will be themed to old worn stone steps with wrought iron gothic fencing that runs along it to separate the lift from the rest of the station. Although this was designed to add to the atmosphere of my ride station, it's also useful for maintenance and for any emergency evacuation as staff an open a gate and step straight onto the lift.

My second element is simply for the ride to exit the lift and fly around outside (above the station) before heading up and over the station and making a long, sweeping dive into a tunnel. Nothing fancy, but again, this element is designed to interact with those waiting to ride. I'll also be adding to the ride experience by adding turrets that come close to the train, so it would create the sense of danger as your feet and arms come close to the castle before plunging over the roof towards the ground.

Here are two images I threw together that may help to demonstrate these two elements:

Figure1.png

Figure2.png

Let me know if you'd like the track so that you can have a look at these elements for yourselves.