• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST No Limits Coaster

Which inverted coaster do you want (please read my post before selecting)?

• Intamin

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • B&M

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Nick

TS Member
Welcome all.

Myself and BigAl have decided that it would be a great idea to create a No Limits coaster, to show the unity and community of TST at its best. Therefore, that's what we are doing, and we have started a project to create the TST coaster, with a team of TST'ers.

Why are we doing this?

We feel that creating a good, smooth and finished No Limits coaster takes much too long for many to be bothered to do, and therefore, using a team would make it easier and would make people have to take part- to support the rest of the team. Also, this project would show the unity TST prides itself on.

Who's involved?

So far, we have 12 members signed up:

Myself
BigAl
badboi787
RyanYoxall
Longy
The Psychoaster
Danny
Blaze
Brett
alee298
Neuros
Joseph

As well as a few people showing their interest in helping with the project, despite not having No Limits:

Poison Tom 96
JaykeAT
Stevie
Electric Elly

Can I join?

Yes, of course you can. If you already use No Limits, then either post that you'll be interested in the project, and join in, or PM myself or BigAl.

Even if you don't have No Limits, feel free to join the support team- which would create ideas or use existing ideas, to help us. No experience is needed, although those who have RCT3 or similar would be great.

But I'm not very good at No Limits, can I join?

Of course you can, all help is very much so appreciated.

What will the coaster be like?

This is where we need your help. As this is the TST coaster, we think it's fair for you all to decide what it'll be like. Therefore, we are going to run polls that will ask you what you want the coaster to be.

To start, I want you all to choose the type of coaster. The poll is above, please feel free to vote even if you don't want a part with the project, as it helps us greatly. The coaster types shown are basic, and we will ask more in-depth questions later- so pick the type you want the most.

Please try and fill in your suggestions quickly, as you've only got until Sunday to vote- as we need feedback quickly to move on.

How long will it take?

No idea. :D

Thanks for reading, and please show any intention on joining!

Thanks for setting this up, Nick! :)

May I also add that we'll be sharing work through Dropbox, so PM either me or Nick once you've installed it and signed up and we'll set the folder to allow you to access it too

To start off, I've voted for a kiddie coaster because something small would be a better starting point so that we can establish what we're all good at and how long it will take.

:)

Well, this will be interesting.
We hope to have your input on the coaster, and it will be great! I promise you!

I'd better explain my role on this. :)

I have No Limits, so can monitor the progress of the coaster, as well as making some handy improvements too! My main job is to come up with concepts for the coaster, especially for themes. If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to post below! All ideas will be taken on board in some thought or other!

So, that's me.

I hope you enjoy the developments of the coaster, in true, theme park style!

Once we've voted on something that we'd like to build, should we either go for a design that would fit into a real park or something random? Personally, I think it'd be fun to tackle a real park as it's a bit more challenging, plus we can see how it would fit in if the park really did make it. :p

I don't know, will probably make a poll for it.

Although, something random would be a much easier start. If we advance past the first one, I think that'll be a good idea.

I will explain my role in this as well.

My main role is to look at the various ideas and previous coasters from people and select elements I like and review what others like and all elements we like will be submitted into a pool of ideas. Then after we have selected what we like from the pool of ideas the ride will need to be stitched together by the people with NL and I may have a mock-up in RCT3. Then we review the ride and keep reviewing and tweaking till it is perfect.

It will be good so stick around.

Thought I'd explain my role. ;)

I will do as they tell me. ;)

Also I'm going to create a Youtube channel for us so we can upload sneak peaks of the rides and final POV's and video's.

Also I think Tom is doing a Facebook page, so watch this space. ;)

We need a name. Anyone got any names or some key words that we could use to create a name? Remember, it needs to be unique.

:)

A few suggestions for the name of the group are needed please!

So far we have:

Imagineering-Coasters
TST Members Imagineering Collaboration
Imagineering-Towers
NEW: Imagineering Co.
NEW: Screamscape
NEW: TST Members Imagineering Co.

In the description, we would make a reference to being dedicated members of TST, but of course, say that we are not endorsed by the team in any way!

Craig's guidelines are:

That is has to be made clear the it is not official TST.
That coasters recreations, i.e. No Limits and RCT, are only posted.

Erm, well, now I have some more free time I could have a go at doing something. I've got No Limits by the way - I'm not great at designing rideable coasters with it due to the G forces (amateur, I know) but I can use it. I'd obviously let all you experts do the majority of the work, and maybe I could just input a few things? :)

The Psychoaster said:
Erm, well, now I have some more free time I could have a go at doing something. I've got No Limits by the way - I'm not great at designing rideable coasters with it due to the G forces (amateur, I know) but I can use it. I'd obviously let all you experts do the majority of the work, and maybe I could just input a few things? :)

We'll be happy to have you on board, whatever your skill level.

The Psychoaster said:
Great, the more the merrier!

PM BigAl or Nick and either of them will tell you what to do from now on. :)

A great name!

Let's wait until the end of the night to see what other members come up with, and then we'll decide!

The FB page has been sorted.

Came up with the name TST Members Imagineering Co. as my idea. We will look through the names and pick one :)

Obviously I'm game for a bit of NL action.

Track, layout, supports, maybe landscaping is what I'll contribute, can't do objects and there's much better people at photoshop, so I'll stick to what I'm good at-the actual building of the ride.

Editor or Newton2?

Blaze said:
Obviously I'm game for a bit of NL action.

Track, layout, supports, maybe landscaping is what I'll contribute, can't do objects and there's much better people at photoshop, so I'll stick to what I'm good at-the actual building of the ride.

Editor or Newton2?

Good to hear you're in.

Probably Editor for the first one, as the majority don't have Newton.

It has been requested that we don't make an FB page by the team. It is going down now.

I'm interested in this, I'm good at making smooth track and realistic supports, also I can build decent stations out of supports. :)