• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Official Meet Calendar 2014

It's more we generally pick the central parks rather than Merlin (obviously we bias towards Towers) we keep pondering the likes of pleasurewood though. I certainly think a mini-meet is a good plan and if it's successful we will maybe add it to future official line-ups

WillG said:
Pleasurewood Hills has one of very few new coasters opening in the UK this year, for example.

I thought they were getting the old mouse from Mingerland? In which case it's not even a new credit.

DiogoJ42 said:
WillG said:
Pleasurewood Hills has one of very few new coasters opening in the UK this year, for example.

I thought they were getting the old mouse from Mingerland? In which case it's not even a new credit.
Its probable that it is as the ride is on used sites at the mo, however there has been no confirmation as of yet.

If there's a gathering at PWH though I'll be there - I'm only 30 mins away and had fun there with Rob, Russell and Saz last season :)

Well I definitely hope to be at Towers for the second leg of the Staffs Double. It'll be either a nice way to end the summer holidays, or something to look forward to on the two days back at school. I'm not sure when we go back this year. :/

Hi

This would be my first meet,so just a few questions.

If its 2 days do you visit the water park the next day?, also on one day events do some people still stay the next day?

I like theme parks, but do not like roller coasters, drops etc, will there be other people who prefer water rides dodgems etc

Whats the difference between yourselves and tower times forum?

Thanks

sim222 said:
If its 2 days do you visit the water park the next day?, also on one day events do some people still stay the next day?

I like theme parks, but do not like roller coasters, drops etc, will there be other people who prefer water rides dodgems etc

Whats the difference between yourselves and tower times forum?
Thanks

- Generally we don't visit the water park because it involves a cost and most people have Annual Passes for the theme park. The water park may be visited if it's a hotel resort stay.

- People go on all sorts of rides, not just the rollercoasters. The Rapids is probably the third most popular ride in the park these days, after Nemesis and The Smiler!

- TowersStreet, and its team, is made of people who were previously part of Towers Times Forum, and its team, but left in 2012. So there are similarities. However, we believe TS is the best community for Alton Towers. There are some differences in the way the sites are run, but effectively we're here to have fun, visit theme parks and go on rides!

Welcome to the loony bin, Sim222. :) In answer to your questions;

* We almost always spend both days on park, since most of us are annual pass holders. It tends to be off-season meets, like the upcomming "beach party" that are water park (and bar) based.

* Almost all of us tend to like thrill rides (after all, that is kind of the point of theme parks). Though people have different tastes. I, for example, do not like drop towers, but love vertical roller coasters. We do tend to ride pretty much everything though, including dark rides and all the silly little kids rides. But we do not judge people who choose to sit out some rides. Everyone has different tastes. (I would encourage you to give them a try though, most people are terrified of coasters at first, and it takes time to learn to love them).

* As for the difference between us and TTF... Er, that's a very long story, and something that we are trying to leave behind us! Let's just say that two years ago, TST didn't exist, and we were all members of TTF, shall we? ;)

For anyone who is yet to book EP. There is currently only limited availability for Saturday 19th April when booking online (I don't know if it is different when you phone up). It appears that there are only rooms left in Bell Rock and El Andaluz.

:)

Rob said:
For anyone who is yet to book EP. There is currently only limited availability for Saturday 19th April when booking online (I don't know if it is different when you phone up). It appears that there are only rooms left in Bell Rock and El Andaluz.

I suggest emailing, [email protected] with your request. There are often rooms available that do not show on the system.

But best to book ASAP - even if you're not 100%! It's free to cancel and nothing needs paying.

Why no North meet this year? I understand that it perhaps wasn't the best attended meet but it was the only one that was relatively easy for me to attend.

We tended to only ever do LWV etc. only every few seasons anyway.

It comes down to time too, Blackpool consistently has the biggest draw of the northern parks and with 10 meet ups arranged, it's difficult to cram anything else in.

There's usually a mini meet to FL/LWV also :)

I did Flamingo Land last year...and have no intention of doing it in the near future! However, I haven't been to LWV since I was 11 and terrified of coasters, and I really want to do The Ultimate, so I'd be interested in a mini-meet to LWV.

North last year was great, despite Flamingoland being Flamingoland. I've been doing once every year since North 2010, but I'd rather not give them my business for several seasons at least after last time. A Lightwater mini meet should definitely happen though; I have to make it a weekend because of the travel, so would probably do the North Yorkshire Moors Railway after years of never quite getting around to it.

I'm disappointed threes no North meet this year, as I was really hoping to do LWV and Flamingoland at long last. Although, I suppose an unofficial meet wouldn't be out of the question.

Looking at the list, there seems to be more meets I can attend than ones I'll be missing!

Ones I'll miss:

Caribbean Beach Party
February Half Term
Junket (potentially, this all depends on if I'm made permanent at work tomorrow)

Otherwise, I'm sure I can attend every other one :)

AshleeKel said:
I'm disappointed threes no North meet this year, as I was really hoping to do LWV and Flamingoland at long last. Although, I suppose an unofficial meet wouldn't be out of the question.
Yeah, I reckon that can happen if there's enough interest - OK, Flamingoland's dire, but some of us need the credits - and Lightwater, as last year proved, can be fab in a big group if the weather's nice.

I'll keep one eye on the Pleasurewood situation, as it seems I may have spoken too soon.
And... apologies for sort of off-topicness - I can set up a topic to discuss mini meet options in the other forum if people would prefer? :)

Are any folks going to the Open Day meet from Birmingham way, that I could grab a lift with and repay them in liquid/monetary favours?

Great to have some dates so I can start making arrangements.

I'll be attending FHT, Mayhem Meet, Pleasure Beach and at least one day of the double.
I'll have to miss opening unfortunately as I'm working that week. I'd like to do South as I've never done Chessington or Thorpe but that will depend on money nearer the time.

Scarefest and Fireworks really depend on which uni I go to, the one at the top of my list would make Towers a 4 hour plus journey so that would make meets a bit more difficult.
Seems that I'll be missing more meets than attending this year!

I'd be up for a PWH Meet up with people, can generally do any dates from mid july to late september.

Regarding the comment on FL/LWV:

We have discussed a meet to these parks as a team, and weighed up some of the feedback. However, such is the tight calendar, that it really is a toss up between FL/LWV and Blackpool. Looking back on experience, Blackpool meets are usually significantly more popular than FL/LWV meets. Furthermore, Flamingoland tends to be held in poor regard amongst our forum members. Transport is also a challenge. There are often comments about how we've missed FL/LWV, but in truth, whenever they have been done, there tends only to have been mini-meet levels of take up. Therefore, we'd actively encourage a mini-meet to one or both of these parks sometime during the 2014 season.

Depending on new additions in 2015, we may look to re-add these parks again in the future.

Thanks for all the other comments guys!

I am going to try and make a come back and attend some meets this year probably not loads but at least the south meet and a AT meet probably the official open season meet.