• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Official Meet Calendar 2014

Looks like I will be able to make a few more meets than previously thought. Still cannot make Junket though :(

I will hopefully be at
Feb half term
Junket
Scarefest

Not too sure about the others, and the south trip clashes with Download, so definitely not
Just have to wait and see :)

I know Scarefest is a long way away, but using the Sun S5014 code on the 18th October, you can get a room for 4 adults sharing for £137. That is less than £35 per person per room.

Not sure how many are available, but it could be worth booking now as you will struggle to find a cheaper price than that on a Saturday night.

Ian

Speaking of the scarefest meet, as my missies is going on a hen do. I am seriously thinking about coming on the scarefest meet on Saturday the 19th. This will be my first so I known this is planning way in advance but what is the usual procedure to these things times of meeting and where etc??????

Normally on meets, the meet up point is at Splash Landings, 30 minutes before the park opens. During Scarefest, there is no early ride time, so I guess the meeting time will be 9.30am at Splash, but this could change closer to the meet.

The only reason I posted was to let others know who cheap the hotel at Towers were. One of the reasons people tend to stop else where during Scarefest is the cost of the Alton Towers Hotels, but at £137.50 for 4 people, its a bargin (Code is S5014). Not only does it mean you don't have to worry driving back to another hotel, it will make getting changed in to costumes a lot easier, and includes a free breakfast Sunday morning :)

Ian

I am sorry to report that I will be unable to attend the Blackpool meet, one of my most looked-forward-to trips of the year.
Unfortunately I will not be able to ride my beloved Breakdance on the South Pier. :'(

... But that's OK, because I'll be at Tilburg Kermis where there will be two of them, run on proper Dutch settings! :D

DiogoJ42 said:
I am sorry to report that I will be unable to attend the Blackpool meet, one of my most looked-forward-to trips of the year.
Unfortunately I will not be able to ride my beloved Breakdance on the South Pier. :'(

... But that's OK, because I'll be at Tilburg Kermis where there will be two of them, run on proper Dutch settings! :D

And another 2 at Dusseldorf, including No.1 :D

Not having a MAP anymore, I'd love to attend the non Merlin meets, but unfortunately will also be on the continent that weekend.

It seems we've picked a special event day to visit BPB for the North meet. No details on the official site as yet, but an article in the Blackpool Gazette yesterday reveals that it will be the "Pleasure Beach rocks" event, featuring guest DJs and a 10pm closing time.

John said:
It seems we've picked a special event day to visit BPB for the North meet. No details on the official site as yet, but an article in the Blackpool Gazette yesterday reveals that it will be the "Pleasure Beach rocks" event, featuring guest DJs and a 10pm closing time.

This just gets better and better :D

AstroDan said:
We chose that date on purpose as it was a 10pm close!

Vindicated!

:D
Excellent choice, Astro. Plus it'll let me make the most of my first visit to Mandyland! :D

Quick questions, if I come to one of these meets im sure you'll all make me feel welcome, but since the vast majority of you have MAP's, and will be using farce track (I assume sorry of offended). For those of us don't will there people around to take the slow road through the normal queue's? As the day im thinking of coming to I know will be busy?

Slugjc said:
Quick questions, if I come to one of these meets im sure you'll all make me feel welcome, but since the vast majority of you have MAP's, and will be using farce track (I assume sorry of offended). For those of us don't will there people around to take the slow road through the normal queue's? As the day im thinking of coming to I know will be busy?

Having only attended 2 meets I am not sure, but from experience, the majority generally use the main queue rather than fasttrack with the only time they use it being when the can get it for free.

Slugjc said:

I have used Fasttrack once on a meet, and that was a full group fasttrack because someone sat in sick. Most of the time we don't even use SRQ, we go through the main queues. You having nothing to fear...

Slugjc said:

Most of us do have MAPs however there are a few who buy normal tickets, and we very rarely use fastrack, in all my meets I have probably only used a fastrack queue two or three times (and that has been when we have got free fastrack from somewhere!), we always use the normal queues, that's all part of the fun!