• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Scarefest: 18-19 October 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
TST Scarefest 2014

We will be meeting for two days of theme park fun at Alton Towers for the 2014 Scarefest! It's always one of the best meets of the year and we hope this year is no exception!

As usual, we're making an official meeting point for both days - with the Sunday slightly later than the Saturday to allow for those sleepy heads to have a few hours extra - especially after a late night on Saturday with the theme park open till 9pm!

Our accommodation suggestion is the Ibis Budget on the A50 near Derby. To book please use www.accorhotels.com and search under Derby.

Plan for the weekend:

Saturday, 18th October
10:00am - Meet by the hearse at the bottom of Towers Street
9:00pm - Park close

Sunday, 19th October
11:00am - Meet by the hearse at the bottom of Towers Street
9:00pm - Park close

MAZE TICKET TIMINGS
If you wish to do both Scarefest mazes, please book your tickets for the Saturday 14:00-14:10 time slot (or as close to this as possible). We will be meeting to do both mazes after lunch. The Scare Zones do not require a ticket and will be done later in the day. The price for the maze tickets is £12.00 standard or £9.60 for annual pass holders. You can book maze tickets at www.altontowers.com

Ibis... Budget?.......................................................................................................

Will be there for both days and in costume this year with the other half.

I will be there on the Sunday. Can't believe there's only this meet and then Fireworks to go before the season ends! :(

I'm actually interested in stopping over, although I don't know if budgets would stretch that far, considering I'd have to pay for dinner in the evening, the hotel itself, and then lunch on-park on the Saturday. Plus, I'm not mad keen on staying in an Ibis Budget, following @Danny's review!

I'm there both days, staying at Splash!

Don't forget to dress up folks if you can! I know less and less do it each year but it's always great fun for those that do! I certainly plan to.

:)

I won't be dressing up. Nowhere to change and I am not making the effort if the park aren't either. Also, two years ago I spent more time being told to take my mask off by staff.

Ibis Budget chosen due to prices.

Resort hotels and other local accommodation are extortionate.

Personally ill be staying at home but of course on park Saturday and Sunday.

We always end up waiting for people on Towers Street on the big meets anyway so it makes sense to have the meeting place there.

:)

Will there be an official sign up sheet?

And is it likely to be busy on the Saturday? I know it's a Saturday, and I know it's Scarefest, but isn't it usually more popular as we get further into SF, and not the very first day?

Last edited:
Online rate for ATH is £297.00 on the Saturday night.

Wow. Just wow.

I thought I would just check the prices out of interest... but nah.

Reactions: Dar
Surprised anyone would stop over at the hotels anyway, especially at Halloween!