• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Staffordshire Double: 30/31 August 2014

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
Our next meet takes place on Saturday and Sunday, 30-31 August 2014 at Drayton Manor Park on the Saturday and Alton Towers on the Sunday! Sunshine is not guaranteed but a good time is always had by all at our summer meet!

Accommodation suggested is the Travelodge at Rugeley which is equidistant between both parks (approximately 35 minutes to each). It is currently priced at £60.00 for Saturday night, which works out at £20.00 per person based on 3 sharing a room. It is located adjacent to a JD Wetherspoon free house for evening meals and drinks.

The plan is as follows:

SATURDAY: Drayton Manor Park
Meet: 10:00am at park entrance

SUNDAY: Alton Towers
Meet: 8:45am at Splash Landings hotel

You can RSVP to the event over at our meet up page.

We look forward to seeing everyone for what should be a fantastic fun weekend!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to be at Drayton on the Saturday and then maybe Towers for some of the day Sunday if I stay over.

:)

Tempted to do Drayton, to meet up with people I haven't seen for a good few months!

I aim to be there sunday. :) I will have my car by then!! So i will stay sunday night on resort (possibly) and drive home monday!

Excited!!!

I'm aiming to be here both days; will also probably be looking at staying over somewhere on the Friday evening as well, because I'm not really into getting a stupidly early train on Saturday morning.

I'm hoping to make it for the Sunday at Towers. I thought the days were the other way around for some reason.

For the past few years, meets involving Drayton have always been at Drayton on the Sunday (I think - anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) and at Towers on the other day(s) - that might be a reason why you got a bit confused, Amy.

Yeah that might be why. The Sandwich meet last year was my first meet :) Loved it.

I'm aiming to be there for both days at the moment, but nothing is concrete just yet :)

The reason it is different is because previous August meets have been 3 - days rather than 2.

I should be at Drayton. New park for me, looking forward to it!

=)

I'd like to do Drayton but it really depends on work - I don't have hours on the rota yet but that can change at short notice so I'll have to see after Sweden. I get discounted tickets for Drayton through work though, so fingers crossed!

Book the train tickets for Drayton. But I have two questions.

1. How do you get from Tamworth station to the park?
2. What's the best method of buying tickets? BOGOF with someone else or buying advanced ones offline?