• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's Favourite Album's

Blaze said:
The Seldom Seen Kid>Leaders Of The Free World>Build A Rocket Boys=Asleep In The Back>Cast Of Thousands

I'd go...

Leaders Of The Free World>Cast Of Thousands>Asleep In The Back>The Seldom Seen Kid>Build A Rocket Boys.

But all of them are good. :)

Mankey said:
Discovered a new favourite album!

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!

Same here, I think The Defiled's EP, 1888, is amazing and should be higher in my list.

Just a bit of a moan about this. :p

I'm making this on Excel, and it's quite difficult to change people's list. To make it easier, people should tell me when they change their lists- as, when I was checking everyone's lists, some had mysteriously changed. ::)

That is completely fine, as long as you tell me about it- as I don't want to have to check everyone's list again.

Secondly (directed towards Joelio) I need a specific list- otherwise I can't score them. Therefore, I am asking for you to find one way of listing, or they will not count.

For the lists themselves, it's a very exciting at the top- with 25 albums being voted for more than once, and the top 5 are within 15 points of each other.

My change was to fix a couple of spelling mistakes that I just couldn't handle being on here anymore :D

Just a quick note to say that there's less than a week for people to get their entries in, if they wish to do so. Results will be announced on Monday. :)

I'm not a big enough fan of albums to make a whole list for all this but I rediscovered an album I love the other day: MGMT - Oracular Spectacular. It's upbeat and relaxing in equal measure and was a fantastic record to chill out to in the summer it was released.

1. The black key's - el camino
2. Coldplay - mylo xyloto
3. Nirvana - nevermind
4. The courteeners - st Jude
5. Kasabian - west Ryder pauper lunatic asylem
6. Chase and status - no more idols
7. Miles Kane - colour of the trap
8. Primal scream - screamadelica
9. The rifles - freedom run
10. Noel Gallagher's high flying birds

My taste is varied and I think it would be diffucult to compose a top 25 list as it keeps fluctuating.

My current favourite album is however is Helvetios by Eluveitie,

essentially it's a sort of concept album it goes through the history of the wars between the Romans and the Gaul's.

I love listening to it from start to finish, especially the last few songs they flow fantastically together.

Thanks everyone for voting, I definitely got more replies than I thought.

I'll start by stating the 27 albums that received more than 25 points (ie. they got two votes or more).

27. The Beatles- White Album 29 Points

26. Kasabian- West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum 30 Points

25. Sigur Ros- Takk 30 Points

24. Radiohead- In Rainbows 30 Points

23. Muse- The Resistance 32 Points

22. The Black Keys- El Camino 32 Points

21. Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here 33 Points

20. The Strokes- Is This It? 36 Points

19. Keane- Under the Iron Sea 39- Points

18. Rage Against the Machine- Rage Against the Machine 39 Points

17. Foo Fighters- Wasting Light 43 Points

16. Kraftwerk- The Man Machine 43 Points

15. Coldplay- Mylo Xyloto 43 Points

14. Green Day- 21st Century Breakdown 43 Points

13. Nirvana- Nevermind 57 Points

12. The Killers- Hot Fuss 58 Points

11. The Beatles- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 59 Points

The rest to be announced later...

Coldplay is above Kraftwerk, Rage Against The Machine, Pink Floyd, Radiohead and The Beatles.

Some people need to go sit in the corner.

Now we're getting serious.

10. The Beatles- Abbey Road 62 Points

9. Pink Floyd- Animals 63 Points

8. Muse- Black Holes and Revelations 66 Points

7. Pink Floyd- The Dark Side of the Moon 72 Points

6. Radiohead- OK Computer 80 Points

OK Computer, No Surprises there. ;)

I'll show myself out.

Here we go, the top 5.

5. Muse- Absolution 92 Points

images

Obviously going to be biased here, but this album is a great rock album. Muse's 4ht album combines beautiful strings and piano, with heavy riffs and bass, this album has something for everyone. Released in 2003, this hasn't aged a bit, and ind 2009, it was voted 2nd best album of the 21st century by Kerrang, and 23rd in a poll for best album of all time in Q.

4. Pink Floyd- The Wall 93 Points

images

Pink Floyd's 11th album, released in 1979, and heavily regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time. It was placed at 87, in Rolling Stone's 500 best albums of all time, and features many examples of huge, impressive prog rock. The recent tour has been a huge success, and was a great spectacle.

3. Muse- Origin of Symmetry 99 Points

images

Muse's 2nd album, released in 2001, and is my personal favourite album, as well as a huge fan favourite. Using different sounds, like an organ, this album is very different from their first- Showbiz- but still keeps those riffs and bass-lines as before.

2. Radiohead- Kid A 102 Points

images

The 4th album by Radiohead, as is most notable for its huge difference from previous album- OK Computer. Like all of Radiohead, the critics loved it. The album won many awards for album of the decade, with Rolling Stone naming it as the 67th best of all time. One of the most diverse albums ever.

And on to our winner...

1. Green Day- American Idiot 107 Points

images

There is guitar. It all sounds the same.
There are drums. They are all the same.
There is bass. Has no effect on the songs.
There is singing. It has a boring and uninteresting tone.
There are lyrics. They are repetitive and dull.

There's not much else. However, Green Day's 7th album is ahead of Radiohead, the Beatles, Pink Floyd and other huge, worthy bands, and is our winner.

Well, there it is folks. Muse didn't win, everyone'll be surprised, but hey, it was you who picked.

To be fair, American Idiot has one of the best storylines/lyric sequences of any album of any music of that type. Aside from the most commonly listened songs (American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams) there are also a number of other great songs which are underrated (St Jimmy, the EPIC Jesus of Suburbia, Give Me Novocaine). It is undoubtedly their best album, they've only gone downhill from there unfortunately.

When I saw Origin was 3rd, I was so happy. Then I saw what won. Oh dear. Pop-punk beat The Beatles. Pop-punk beat Radiohead. Pop-punk beat Pink Floyd...

The Psychoaster said:
To be fair, American Idiot has one of the best storylines/lyric sequences of any album of any music of that type.
When you're up against the 'mighty' Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Paramore et al, that's really not difficult.

OK, it's not 'bad'. It's actually pretty enjoyable for a pop album, I think it was at the bottom of my list just for that, there's a couple of songs that I'd call a guilty pleasure. But still. When you look at the albums it beat. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh, and Nick, Absolution was their third album. ;)

Blaze said:
When I saw Origin was 3rd, I was so happy. Then I saw what won. Oh dear. Pop-punk beat The Beatles. Pop-punk beat Radiohead. Pop-punk beat Pink Floyd...

The Psychoaster said:
To be fair, American Idiot has one of the best storylines/lyric sequences of any album of any music of that type.
When you're up against the 'mighty' Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Paramore et al, that's really not difficult.

OK, it's not 'bad'. It's actually pretty enjoyable for a pop album, I think it was at the bottom of my list just for that, there's a couple of songs that I'd call a guilty pleasure. But still. When you look at the albums it beat. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Again, to be fair, I've not posted in here or voted but from what I gather most people who do post here aren't particular fans of the Beatles :p If you were to ask a solely over 50s audience then perhaps (well certainly) there would be a different outcome, but most people are below 25.

Blaze said:

Oh crap. :p

The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

The Psychoaster said:

Again, to be fair, I've not posted in here or voted but from what I gather most people who do post here aren't particular fans of the Beatles :p If you were to ask a solely over 50s audience then perhaps (well certainly) there would be a different outcome, but most people are below 25.

The Beatles are the greatest band ever, no question, and deserve people to listen to them more. People just aren't exposed to them at a young age, and therefore, don't listen to them. If this poll was accurate, then they should have at least 50% of the top 10 spots.