• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TusenFryd 2013: £5m dark ride

Sam

TS Member
One of European's lesser known major parks, Norway's Tusenfryd, are finally following up Speed Monster with a proper investment.

New+Ride+2013+TusenFryd.JPG

Pokemaniac on CF said:
So, TusenFryd just announced their new ride for 2013 - a dark ride set in the currently empty VikingToktet cave.

Like its predecessor, the ride will be themed to Norse mythology. Not much is known about the attraction. but it's said to be a dark ride utilizing 3D technology. Rumours say it's to be a tracked ride, some commenters on Facebook have drawn parallells to similiar rides in Harry Potter Land in USF. It aims for a capacity of about 800 pph, and is described as a relatively scary and thrilling ride. The investment is said to be about NOK 46 million, or about £5 million.

As TusenFryd is located in a country where the average weather best can be described as crap, I think this is a wise investment. As the entire ride will be located indoors, it will help draw crowds even if it's pouring down (which it often does). Also, that cave is too cool to stay empty.

On the flip side, it means that any new thrill coaster is still far, far away. Not that they have the room for it anyway, but it looks like Loopen will get another few years before being replaced by something. Now well, can't have coasters every year either.

Exciting for this little park, but at only £5m, it doesn't have a hope of being anything like Harry Potter. It also clearly won't be anything like that concept art! £5m doesn't get you very far with a dark ride, they can be money pits.

I'm expecting something quite cheap and cheerful from Sally or the guys who did Maus au Chocolat? Should hopefully be a stepping stone for this park though. :)

If used wisely £5 million can go a long way. It's obviously not going to be the Harry Potter ride system, but then this is exactly the type of no brain comment I expect from Facebook ::) However if they give the ride an artistic flair like the picture shows it could still be a very impressive attraction. It sounds like the infrastructure is already in place if it is re-using the VikingToktet cave, which sounds interesting whatever it is.

I just hope that those green dots on the picture aren’t suggesting a duel like shooting ride...

This sounds like a very interesting investment and I hope we get to see progress very soon! The Viking theme seems to be a bit of a rage right now (ahem, Wodan, ahem) and there is an awful lot you can do with that. I do doubt they would get to reach Forbidden Journey-level of dark ride however.

Apparently this new dark ride is going to be called Thor's Hammer.