• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UEFA Theme Parks League

Phannyland an easy pick for me. Again based on my weird criteria of quality of ride and away day potential if the parks were somehow football clubs.

I think it is clear that there should have been a seeding system of some description for groups.

There is a strong case to be made that all four of these parks are superior to the four parks in the previous group. Three of them are arguably contenders for the entire competition (although PortAventura lags a way behind Phantasia and Disney in reality).

Maybe something to consider if this were to be repeated in the future. Seeding based on attendance / performance in Golden Ticket awards / previous performance etc.

Voted Phantasia and hope Disney also gets through.

I think it is clear that there should have been a seeding system of some description for groups.

There is a strong case to be made that all four of these parks are superior to the four parks in the previous group. Three of them are arguably contenders for the entire competition (although PortAventura lags a way behind Phantasia and Disney in reality).

Maybe something to consider if this were to be repeated in the future. Seeding based on attendance / performance in Golden Ticket awards / previous performance etc.

Voted Phantasia and hope Disney also gets through.
I did consider doing seeding however I'm not sure it's possible this time round as not all parks release attendance figures (and there are discrepancies between sources) and only two European parks got Golden ticket awards this year (one of them for a ride that hasn't operated for two years). I do however think if I did it next year I could do a seeding system based on this year's results. @Jb85 mentioned a few weeks ago that countries and companies should be separated, I probably should have done this but it would have meant a Merlin park in every group. For the round of 16, should I do a random draw or should I seed it/separate countries and companies?
Edit: an advantage to using a google form is that only I can see the results and they are not what you would expect.

Last edited:
Group H results
1st Europa Park 11 votes 73.3%
2nd Chessington 2 votes 13.3%
3rd Legoland Billund 1 vote 6.7%
= Walt Disney Studios 1 vote 6.7%
Total Votes: 15

That gives us the following winners and runners up
Winners
Bobbejaanland
Efteling
Alton Towers
Parc Asterix
Energylandia
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Phantasialand
Europa Park

Runners Up
Wiener Prater
Liseberg
Djurs Sommerland
Tivoli Gardens
Mirabilandia
Thorpe Park
PortAventura
Chessington

The round of 16 has been seeded so that winners are against runners up and parks are not against parks of the same group or country
Mirabilandia V Phantasialand
Thorpe Park V Efteling
Tivoli Gardens V Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Djurs Sommerland V Bobbejaanland
Wiener Prater V Alton Towers
Chessington V Parc Asterix
Liseberg V Europa Park
PortAventura V Energylandia

So this doesn't take forever there will be two matches per week.
First two matches:
https://forms.gle/1KcE5dLg8S7CLMGh6

A sensible way to seed it I think. Also doing two groups should speed up the process that little bit while also giving us a good few more weeks voting.

Balls, I knew I should have voted tactically in that group. Billund is far, far better than Chessington.

Sorry, forgot to do it yesterday
Europa Park 12
Liseberg 3

PortAventura 9
Energylandia 6

Now for the Quarter finals
As before there will be two per week
The draw is as follows
Phantasialand V Efteling
Blackpool Pleasure Beach V Bobbejaanland
Alton Towers V Parc Asterix
Europa Park V PortAventura