• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UEFA Theme Parks League

I think it all stems from not seeding the group stage to be fair. If you look at the initial groups I'd say every park in both Group B and Group G is better than Pleasure Beach. But because of the random draw PB was drawn in a ridiculously weak group.

Also people tend to vote for parks they've visited which will inevitably skew results towards domestic parks. I remember when we used to have the European coaster tournament on here a few years back all Alton Towers coasters were disqualified for that reason.

I'd just say it's more from the way it seeds turned to when randomised. I think Pleasure Beach just happened to be put next bo rubbish parks or parks in which it held a good chance.

I'm guessing Phantasialand won for it's its coaster line-up? I didn't vote this time as I've not been to either - yet.

Edit: Oops, I just had to shoot myself for incorrect apostrophe usage.

You could arrgue that the balance of rides has shifted towards coasters, but Phantasialand's hardly Six Flags. River Quest and Chiapas are both world class water rides. I'm not a big fan of shooting rides, but Maus au Chocolaut is one of the best. Mystery Castle is one of the best shot towers and Talacon is one of the best flat rides. The fun house is also a lot of fun, and the mad house probably isn't as bad as some people make out. Most mad houses would be a bit boring if you didn't speak the language. They've also got a couple of shows and a really good Christmas event, so it's not just the rides. None of that means it's better than Europa Park, but at the same time Phantasialand does have a fairly good balance of rides. What it probably does lack is good quality children's rides. You could also argue the queues move slower, partly because you can pay to skip them. And Europa Park has a better range of merchandise. I think I'd go for Europa Park by a whisker, but both parks are really awesome.