• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Unexplored Alton Towers

I'd love to go down there in all honesty, is it still possible to do so?

Rowe said:
I'd love to go down there in all honesty, is it still possible to do so?

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible due to the fact that its used by Alton Towers security as a way to get onto the site using the road as it runs up the perimeter of the park.

:)

Thoreticaly you can still get to it, I seem to remember we stumbled upon it while looking for the step walk In the valley. It's not exactly along a well traveled route, but I'm pretty sure the steps leading into Slaines hollow from the woodland walk would get you there eventually

You can still probably get to it. Havn't tried for about a year or so now though. Last time I checked, the steps walk route down to it had become severely overgrown to the point that it was impossible to use it any more. 4-5 years ago you could just about ramble your way all the way down the steps walk if you didn't mind getting scratched by branches and stung by certain plants. I am aware of another route though, which I've used a few times in the past and involves less getting scratched and stung (PM me if you'd like to know - you will need a basic understanding of the layout of the gardens to be able to understand the directions though).

This vid was from one of my journeys down there about 5-6 years ago:

Station Lodge Alton Towers + steps walk history

P.S - Sorry about the dodgy music, it was kind of an auto one after youtube made me take the original soundtrack off because of copyright.

Yesterday we attempted to do the woodland walk, however both that and the gardens had been closed all day so we had to exit the park as normal.

However, as we walked back up from the woodland walk entrance we noticed an abandoned queue line which runs from the bottom path (which links to the woodland walk) that ran up to somewhere behind either Ripsaw Revenge (games stall), Sales and Info or the Burger Kitchen.

Is this part of what used to be the queue for the Thunderlooper or was it an old staff access path up to one of those three other things I mentioned above?