• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Studios Japan: General Discussion

Donkey Kong delayed, beyond devastated.

From: https://twitter.com/USJ_Official/status/1781185963555000783

Edit: Trying to console myself with the fact they're building it in Florida too so there's still the potential for me to visit there in the future. Might have to tag on Disney Sea for consolation now.

Second Edit: My Japanese friend said Google Translate is incorrect, it says "second half of 2024".

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Last edited:
DeepL translates the post slightly differently, though I don't know Japanese so I can't say if this is more or less accurate:

Notice​
The opening date of Donkey Kong Country, which was previously announced as "Spring 2024", has been changed to "Late 2024".​
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those who have been waiting for the opening.​
We will inform you of the opening date and other details as soon as they are finalized.​
Very curious what the reason is, given the previous post in this thread shows the coaster seemingly fully operational. I suppose any new style of ride like this will have some technical hiccups though.

DeepL translates the post slightly differently, though I don't know Japanese so I can't say if this is more or less accurate:

Notice​
The opening date of Donkey Kong Country, which was previously announced as "Spring 2024", has been changed to "Late 2024".​
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those who have been waiting for the opening.​
We will inform you of the opening date and other details as soon as they are finalized.​
Very curious what the reason is, given the previous post in this thread shows the coaster seemingly fully operational. I suppose any new style of ride like this will have some technical hiccups though.
Maybe they just need a bit more time to fine-tune everything, given it's a prototype.

Maybe they just need a bit more time to fine-tune everything, given it's a prototype.

And as my friend pointed out, second half of 2024 technically means from July onwards so there's hope. You'd think they'd like it open for summer holidays if possible though of course Universal Osaka doesn't seem like a park struggling with attendance at any time of the year.