• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Studios Japan: General Discussion

I'd always recommend a fast pass if you feel like you might never return. Yes it's expensive but it will remove stress on the day if you are trying to get all rides done. My first visit was in October 9 years ago but that was before Nintendo & Flying Dinosaur. We had two days on park and managed to get on everything, even though the park closed early the 2nd day due to an incoming typhoon. They might have halloween horror nights on too which gets massive queues in the evenings

Last edited:
Such a simple yet genius idea, however it looks like it's going to be a relatively low capacity ride which is surely going to be an issue given USJ is one of the busiest parks in the world?

Shigeru Miyamoto (Mario etc creator) and Eiji Aonuma (Zelda producer) are at USJ today overseeing construction.... probably of Donkey Kong Country and definitely not of a Zelda themed dark ride to replace Spiderman.

Shigeru Miyamoto (Mario etc creator) and Eiji Aonuma (Zelda producer) are at USJ today overseeing construction.... probably of Donkey Kong Country and definitely not of a Zelda themed dark ride to replace Spiderman.
Correct, Spider Man is not being replaced by Zelda!

What is the Demon Slayer XR ride at the park? Most days it has a 180 minute queue but i can't seem to find an explanation of what it actually is. One description claims it's a VR coaster but is it just a simulator style thing?

What is the Demon Slayer XR ride at the park? Most days it has a 180 minute queue but i can't seem to find an explanation of what it actually is. One description claims it's a VR coaster but is it just a simulator style thing?

Probably the latest random VR overlay of Space Fantasy.

2 months since that clip of the Donkey Kong rollercoaster testing, crazy there’s been nothing since. Where are the Japanese drones? Although equally awesome they’re managing to keep it under wraps.

This ride is so exciting to me, more than Hyperia or Voltron because it’s a completely new concept.

My experience with parks in Asia is that there is plenty of information out there if you have a local source. But it's not normally posted on the usual social media sites or in a Latin based alphabet, making it rare for us to see this information.

This isn't unique to Asia, even well documented parks in english, like Europa Park, can prove tough to find historic data on unless you search for it in German and using local websites.

I bet someone speaking Japanes and using a VPN could uncover a lot of information, and there's probably people like us in Japan that have already done so, but again are not posting it where we would see it.

That’s insane. Surely when it gets to a certain point just close the queue line. It’s not fair on people.

On a seemingly random Monday too. Not even school holidays.

Somewhat dreading my visit now as going to need to convince my whole party to get fastpasses.

I don't know what it is with the theme parks in Japan but queues are generally horrendous at most of the major parks.

We went to Fuji Q on a cold day in October and all the major coasters were at least 3 hours with Disney being the same on the big rides.