• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Upcoming movies/ trailers

ScottishChris

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Legend
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (release 22nd March 2024)

I'm really looking forward to this and the trailer looks epic. I thought I wouldn't enjoy the reboot but I really did.

Afterlife was such a good sequel/mini mini reboot. Young reitman did his dad and all of is proud. How a Ghostbusters film should be and a such a good tribute to Harold ramis and Ivan reitman.

If this is as good as both trailers are, we are in for a treat. Peck back (maybe in IDW comic type role of being there boss) plus some decent side characters attached to Ray it seems. 22/03 can't come quick enough

Afterlife was decent and I wasn't expecting it to be. Crammed full of the kind of humour the originals had. Although it wasn't exactly top tier, I didn't think the 2016 reboot was that bad either. Watchable at least and a bit of fun, I never understood the panning it got from many quarters.

Moving on to something entirely different on tone, Zone of Interest releases tomorrow. I missed an advanced screening last weekend because I was away and it seems not a lot of cinemas will be playing it.

The trailer doesn't do it justice at all by the looks of it. It's shot in fly and on the wall documentary style and in German, which I can only imagine makes it seem all the more chilling and realistic. It clearly won't be everyone's cup of tea as it's one of those cinematic creations that doesn't serve as entertainment, but I never miss a well made holocaust movie.

I don't think there should ever be a limit to telling stories from different angles when it regards this subject matter. With many survivors now dying out, I think it's important now more than ever to be reminded of the horrors and evil that organised human collectives are capable of. This isn't ancient history, this is 80 years ago, and I don't think it's alarmist to say that I think the western world could do with a reminder right now about how some of the things we are now saying and doing can easily lead to the normalisation of evil.

It appears critically acclaimed so far.

Afterlife was decent and I wasn't expecting it to be. Crammed full of the kind of humour the originals had. Although it wasn't exactly top tier, I didn't think the 2016 reboot was that bad either. Watchable at least and a bit of fun, I never understood the panning it got from many quarters.

Moving on to something entirely different on tone, Zone of Interest releases tomorrow. I missed an advanced screening last weekend because I was away and it seems not a lot of cinemas will be playing it.

The trailer doesn't do it justice at all by the looks of it. It's shot in fly and on the wall documentary style and in German, which I can only imagine makes it seem all the more chilling and realistic. It clearly won't be everyone's cup of tea as it's one of those cinematic creations that doesn't serve as entertainment, but I never miss a well made holocaust movie.

I don't think there should ever be a limit to telling stories from different angles when it regards this subject matter. With many survivors now dying out, I think it's important now more than ever to be reminded of the horrors and evil that organised human collectives are capable of. This isn't ancient history, this is 80 years ago, and I don't think it's alarmist to say that I think the western world could do with a reminder right now about how some of the things we are now saying and doing can easily lead to the normalisation of evil.

Really looking forward to this. Sandra Hüller is a fantastic actress too.

I had been very vaguely aware of this and just had a look to see where the closest place for me to see it is - sadly the closest place is an hour & a half's dive away. Maybe it is a sign - I do tend to break down a bit at movies such as these (and someone once said I was emotionally repressed (which I took as a compliment)).

Something else I am looking forward too - I have a feeling it will disappoint though...

I had been very vaguely aware of this and just had a look to see where the closest place for me to see it is - sadly the closest place is an hour & a half's dive away. Maybe it is a sign - I do tend to break down a bit at movies such as these (and someone once said I was emotionally repressed (which I took as a compliment)).
Yeah I'm having the same problem with it. I have a Cineworld pass but my local branch only showed the preview screening of it and that's it. I wouldn't mind going to the local Merlin (no connection to that Merlin) cinema but they don't have it all. So it's a drive to Bristol or train to Cardiff.

I'm the kind of guy that laughs his head off when Leonardo DiCaprio freezes to death in Titanic. But One Life had me welling up at the end a few weeks ago, and I got rather upset during the Pianist. It's the reminder that this stuff really did happen and wasn't that long ago.

That's why I went to see The Zone Of Interest on Tuesday night as I knew my local cineworld would be unlikely to have it on from Friday. They've not even got American Fiction on tomorrow, and The Holdovers came on a week late. Probably won't have The Iron Claw on next week now either. I'm lucky that I've got a picturehouse I can visit close to my work but when I'm paying for an unlimited card it's an annoyance to pay extra for films that should get a wide opening.