• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Used Ride Spotting!

Hahaha! :p I think it would pretty much fit exactly on that 'L' shaped bit of land next to the go-karts at Lightwater Valley. If we all chipped-in I bet we could sort that shipped over here for them! :p

Anyway, I've found another website selling used rides but I've gone through and picked out the most interesting for you all...

1979-80 Schwarzkopf Wildcat: €175,000
Fabbri Spinning Mouse: Call for price
1979 Huss Enterprise: $250,000
2006 Fabbri Ranger/Kamikaze: €288,500
New Moser Mexican Fiesta: €260,000
2006 Zamperla Rockin' Tug: $129,000
1969 Everly Spider: $55,000
1978 Everly Spider: $65,000
Chance Zipper: $95,000
1982 Chance Zipper: $65,000
New Moser Flipping Action Arm: €290,000
1999 Fabbri Hurricane: €257,500
1999 Chance Inverter (basically one arm of Submission): $195,000
1998 KMG Afterburner: €490,000
1998 KMG Move It 24: €300,000
2000 Larson Super Loop: $325,000

And one final ride that has now been sold is the 1998 Premier Dual LIM coaster (aka Batman And Robin: The Chiller) which was sold from Six Flags Great Adventure to Beto Carrero World in Brazil. It's set to open this year but it still hasn't been named.

Interestingly, the company that had it for sale had it listed that they would sell it as two separate roller coasters instead of the two together.

I have always been a bit confused, as to how you move a woodie like that?

Massive great steel supports, and a marker pen - job done - but 100's and 1000's of tiny planks of wood and track?

Probably cost more in pens to mark the pieces than it would to actually move it!

It must be able to be done of course, but it is beyond my understanding as to how on Earth they manage it.

Yeah a few parks have moved wooden coaster before. In comparison to Phoenix that Knoebels moved, Hurricane is pretty small. No idea how they do it though! :p

BigAl said:
Yeah a few parks have moved wooden coaster before. In comparison to Phoenix that Knoebels moved, Hurricane is pretty small. No idea how they do it though! :p

Must be Voodoo Al!! Coaster Voodoo.

Remains as mysterious as the building of the pyramids... (ok, not quite, but still).

The only way I can see them doing it is by taking it down part-by-part, marking every piece out (say 1-200 per container for the sake of it) and then reconstructing each part. It'd be like creating a load of jigsaw pieces which all then fit together. :p

I could understand them having difficulty shifting it if it was in an awkward position, or on very uneven ground, as it'd no doubt need lots of modification to sit in a new home perfectly. But this is on what seems to be perfectly even ground, with lots of access around it.

Seems very odd they can't shift it.

Ian said:
I could understand them having difficulty shifting it if it was in an awkward position, or on very uneven ground, as it'd no doubt need lots of modification to sit in a new home perfectly. But this is on what seems to be perfectly even ground, with lots of access around it.

Seems very odd they can't shift it.

It does mention that the coaster hasn't been run in years, and that lots of the wood will probably have to be replaced. It's probably cheaper to just build a new woodie than transport, refurbish and reassemble that entire thing.

BigAl said:

I don't know..I think of Dania Beach Hurricane as a much larger coaster than Phoenix. Not only is it taller but it has a huge amount of wide structure whereas Phoenix's supports are pretty minimalistic. According to RCDB, they're the same length though.

The problem is that in 1985, it probably was cheaper to relocate a wooden coaster, it happened a lot at the time. Wooden coasters were generally seen as old fashioned and they didn't hold up well against steel coasters price wise. As you can imagine, very few parks were installing new ones.

Now wooden coasters are back in fashion and they're flying off the shelves. There's a lot of competition in the sector and there have been huge advances in manufacturing techniques and technology. All of this has seen the price of a new one plummet.

With wooden coasters being so inexpensive these days, it's hard to justify the cost of meticulously disassembling a coaster, cataloguing each individual part, paying for the transportation, casting new footers, carrying out renovations and finally rebuilding it when you could have a shiny new custom model with less hassle and for a similar price.

But that said, this one's free! So if we were to go over there and rent a van do you think it would fit in the back?

That was just the impression I got from watching the TPR videos, unless I've mixed it up with one of Knoebels other coasters? :p

(Edit: Yep, I watched the POV for Twister, not Phoenix and Twister is 700ft longer than Hurricane :p )

Anyway, one company recently paid $50,000 to buy this old woodie from Geuga Lake to renovate for a currently unknown client. With Hurricane being free, it should be worth it.

Anyone fancy chipping in for Knightmare?

0002fdbd536542a8b6f123a.png

NO MENTION OF SCHWARZKOPF FTL!!!

Also, can anyone confirm if the bobsled at the top of that page is 'Munich Autobahn' from Kobe Portopialand? It says 1995 on the site but Mack didn't make any bobsleigh rides in 1995, but MA opened in 91, has the same colours and is listed as defunct on RCDB.

Hmmm... That'd make a lovely planter... *starts clearing space in the garden*

No no no, it needs restoring, would look ace in my new garden just 1/4 of a mile from AA :cool:

I'll buy it in anticipation of the removal of The Flume. I'll then take it off their hands for a small sum of money and erect it in all its glory with the splashdown being in the fishery lake near my house ;)