• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Used Ride Spotting!

Interesting, I guess it wasn't doing that well on the fair circuit?

Seems like an immense little coaster.

As much as I'd love LWV to get Knightmare, I think Test Strecke could actually be a better bet for them. It was all fully refurbished in 2009 when it hit the travelling circuit, so shouldn't require a lot of work, and it would give LWV their first inversions, something they could use to market it with, aswell as another 'box ticked'.

Oh well, I can dream :p

Lightwater have already had their first inversions! Don't forget they owned the Twin Looper before the American Adventure got their hands on it. That said, it looked just as plonked as ever :p

cfma0amg005kk0jsf5p8kk.jpg

Strange that they ditched it after a fairly short period of time though. I can only assume that it caused them noise complaints or similar? It was the perfect fit for their lineup.

Ahhh the "Iron Wolf"

385bbp6mbtb10aa00ck000.jpg

Courtesy RCDB

My favourite seats <3 and for those who didn't quite realise how loose those restraints were hahah!

Also found this:

A breathtaking world of fantasy and adventure - that's the American Adventure at Ilkeston, Derbyshire.

With our great half-term family fun deal, not only will you have the time of your life, but you'll save pounds.

Our American Adventure offer gives up to six people entry and unlimited ride tickets for pounds 3.99 per person. This adds up to a great saving of pounds 5.99 per adult and pounds 3.99 per junior.

There's something for everyone. New for 1996 is Alpha One Cowboy MotionMaster, the new generation of stunning simulator rides.

The fearless can know what it is to face The Gladiators. Themed on the hit TV series, the terrifying Iron Wolf is a white-knuckle, twin-looping rollercoaster that provides the ultimate challenge to your nerve and sense of adventure.

When you've got your breath back, try Nightmare Niagara, the world's highest triple-drop log flume, or the award-winning Missile, which lifts you 125ft, looping the loop at two and a half times the force of gravity before doing it all again - backwards.

The Cuddly Critters Zoo and Pioneer Playland are sure to enchant the youngsters and the whole family will enjoy the Old South atmosphere of the Mississippi Paddle Steamer.

To enjoy this offer, just cut out the coupon and take it to American Adventure. The offer is valid every day the park is open until Sunday, November 3.

Children under four years go free.

For further details, call the 24hr information hotline on 01773 769931.

(Courtesy http://www.thefreelibrary.com/American+Adventure+for+only+pounds+3.99-a061306796)

Talking of bizarre theme and fitting in though, Iron Wolf even back then, when I was coaster mad but still a closet geek pmsl, still didn't sit right with me. I was more GP then I guess, and it made no sense - still, those loops had some force, though I have to say after the loops it was REALLY dull, SK or not! A great little filler coaster though, not sure what happened to it - though if I do recall RW: LWV, I remember it being pretty noisy?

American Adventure :( I miss you <3

New for 1996 is Alpha One Cowboy MotionMaster

Ah, the 90s.

I wish that naming convention was still in use, I'd much prefer Xtreme Power Overload Delta Machine 5000 instead of The Smiler.

Rupert said:
New for 1996 is Alpha One Cowboy MotionMaster

Ah, the 90s.

I wish that naming convention was still in use, I'd much prefer Xtreme Power Overload Delta Machine 5000 instead of The Smiler.

That is seriously good Rupert, I love The Smiler as a name but Xtreme Power Overload Delta Machine 5000 is brilliant, though perhaps overlord, rather than overload?

;D

BigAl said:
Looks like the woodie at Diana Beach that CGM mentioned is free to anyone that can move it, according to this page! :p

TPR made a POV of it before it closed:
Dania Beach Hurricane Wooden Roller Coaster POV Front Seat Boomers Florida

Any takers? :p

Looks like time has run out for this coaster! :( According to Screamscape, this ride doesn't have long left until it's demolished:

Florida - (3/25/13) I’ve been told that demolition will begin on the closed Dania Beach Hurricane coaster starting on May 28th. Tick Tock… Tick Tock… such a shame, it wasn’t a bad woodie at all.

Seems that there may be some hope for the Diana Beach Hurricane, though the potential buyer needs to hurry up if they're interested as Screamscape has found that it'll be coming down on May 28th if nobody can shift it by then:

Florida - (3/27/13) The clock is counting down quickly for the Dania Beach Hurricane, as the owners have confirmed the May 28th demolition date. Right now they are willing to even donate the ride to anyone who has the ability to haul it away, but so far no one has made a commitment. The article does mention that a group in France are still crunching the numbers to see if it is worth the effort to transport and rebuild the coaster overseas. Any ideas who this may be?

I do hope it gets saved because it looks like a pretty good ride really. :/

Maybe Walygator's new owners could be looking at getting it and storing it until they're let loose on the place :p Replace Anaconda which I've heard is dull at best!

This topic makes me want to win the lottery so bad, imagine knightmare turned into a ark coaster with effects or teste track themed and polished up...

Found a 2003 Intamin Shoot-the-Chutes for sale here that was never installed.

shoot%20the%20chute.jpg

Even the two boats it comes with are still wrapped!

shoot%20the%20chute%202.jpg

shoot%20the%20chute2.jpg

So, anyone got a big garden and a spare $500,000 (£321,100)? :p

It appears there's a Swan boat from Alton Towers on ebay:

$(KGrHqV,!rMFF+JL5WZjBRh+H7vc1Q~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!qcFF+4hTlO-BRh+I!(5I!~~60_58.JPG

Any takers? :D

Edit: Only just noticed Barryzola has posted it in the Old Merch topic as well! :p

If my garden were big enough, I'd consider putting it in there. Or maybe demolishing the house... :p

Is that a mistake? It's unbelievably affordable! There must be something wrong with it but if somehow there isn't, anyone fancy chipping in? I'm not even sure I'm joking this time! TST World can happen!